Same stance moves again and again?

Hi.. I saw some videos of DS3 and i saw mostly Lucas i repeating the same 3-move combo repetitively. Can we have upgraded moves and more variety and different skills to play with?

One thing i hate about Sacred 2 is the repetitive moves again and again throughout the game.. it's so boring. I like to play with lots of different types of skills and moves so that some moves and skills are good against different types of enemies.

I also like upgradeable stances/moves/skills through skill tiers so that it's rewarding and the game won't be boring that you will be looking at the same moves over and over again throughout so many difficulties of the game.

Thanks for reading!

Hi.. I saw some videos of DS3 and i saw mostly Lucas i repeating the same 3-move combo repetitively. Can we have upgraded moves and more variety and different skills to play with?

One thing i hate about Sacred 2 is the repetitive moves again and again throughout the game.. it's so boring. I like to play with lots of different types of skills and moves so that some moves and skills are good against different types of enemies.

I also like upgradeable stances/moves/skills through skill tiers so that it's rewarding and the game won't be boring that you will be looking at the same moves over and over again throughout so many difficulties of the game.

Thanks for reading!

Not to slam the demo-er - I believe it was their first time playing - but the variety is absolutely there, you just gotta use it :sorcerer: As you get more familiar with the stances and special abilities you will want to mix them up more. Plus the abilities can all be customized so there's a lot of nerdly RPG variety on top of the standard Action-ey stuff.

Thanks for reading!

Not to slam the demo-er - I believe it was their first time playing - but the variety is absolutely there, you just gotta use it :sorcerer: As you get more familiar with the stances and special abilities you will want to mix them up more. Plus the abilities can all be customized so there's a lot of nerdly RPG variety on top of the standard Action-ey stuff.

Thanks! That addressed alot of my concerns. Anyhow Dungeon Siege used to be a party hack and slash action RPG. Is DS3 a single player hack and slash action RPG with co-op multiplayer?

I agree it will be very tough to make party-based hack and slash action RPG especially without a pause and command queue feature. Makes a huge sense to make it single player with co-op multiplayer. However, not sure many like that idea. But i have no problems with it though.

I read the latest preview posted by funcrocs: http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/dungeonsie...p;mode=previews

In the previews, it was mentioned that players could still control up to 4 heroes. I'm not entirely sure how it would end up playing in single player. My guesses are players could only control ANY one character at a time and would be able to switch to any character anytime and the rest are controlled by AI.

If that is the case, i will not be particular happy as i tend to play alot of single-player. AI are mostly dumb. They won't be effective when you are not manually controlling them and if they are too good it makes the player character useless. I like a little more teaser on how this will be managed. I would still prefer a one party character but that will not be a Dungeon Siege game anymore since it has always been a party-based hack and slash action RPG.

Also, i like to know how many total characters can we choose from? A total of 5 would be my best preference. Do we have a dual-wielding rogue character? A sword and shield paladin? Guess that would be Lucas.

Edited by Archaven

I read the latest preview posted by funcrocs: http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/dungeonsie...p;mode=previews

In the previews, it was mentioned that players could still control up to 4 heroes. I'm not entirely sure how it would end up playing in single player. My guesses are players could only control ANY one character at a time and would be able to switch to any character anytime and the rest are controlled by AI.

If that is the case, i will not be particular happy as i tend to play alot of single-player. AI are mostly dumb. They won't be effective when you are not manually controlling them and if they are too good it makes the player character useless. I like a little more teaser on how this will be managed. I would still prefer a one party character but that will not be a Dungeon Siege game anymore since it has always been a party-based hack and slash action RPG.

Also, i like to know how many total characters can we choose from? A total of 5 would be my best preference. Do we have a dual-wielding rogue character? A sword and shield paladin? Guess that would be Lucas.

from everything i've watched and read, I've come to the conclusion that there are no AI players running around, you control one of 4 heroes (only 2 have been announced) If someone else joins your game they join the game as one of the other heroes. If you are just playing by yourself only one hero is present in the game and the other 3 heroes are lying dormant somewhere. I'm not 100% sure about this but at least a good 95%

There are 4 characters.

Currently the best guess is that you either play alone as one character, or you play alone but have AI-controlled buddies (1? More?), or you play co-op with other humans.

Since DS3 was always going to be quite different and go for more of a Diablo type experience, I don't think you can ever really expect it to have party-based combat in that sense. Never bothered much with DS1/2 though so can't compare specifically.

• 3 weeks later...

from everything i've watched and read, I've come to the conclusion that there are no AI players running around, you control one of 4 heroes (only 2 have been announced) If someone else joins your game they join the game as one of the other heroes. If you are just playing by yourself only one hero is present in the game and the other 3 heroes are lying dormant somewhere. I'm not 100% sure about this but at least a good 95%

This is not correct. There's another AI player running around with you in SP.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok well thanks for correcting me, I swear I saw a few videos where Lucas was just playing by himself though. Maybe it was just before he met any of his buddies.

The AI buddy could be optional so if you're a masochist you could play hardcore solo :skull:

Ok well thanks for correcting me, I swear I saw a few videos where Lucas was just playing by himself though. Maybe it was just before he met any of his buddies.