What are you playing now?

SteveThaiBinh

Boy, I cant wait to don a ridicilously greebled armour and slay some theyre-not-orcs with my oversized phallos. Also, I hope they make all the NPC extra annoying. I found some of them almost tolerable in DA1.

...also, Im trying to play Richard Burns Rally again but its crazy hard so I just end up cursing and biting my wheel in frustration

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Replaying ME2 at the moment, just finished the Overlord DLC. Was better than I remembered it the first time. I think Bio nailed the presentation of geth and their ships, etc. Not just in Overlord but throughout both ME games.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Awakening. I'm just finished doing the various side-main quests for the titular quest. And promptly spent 400 gold on runes to prepare for export.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Boy, I cant wait to don a ridicilously greebled armour and slay some theyre-not-orcs with my oversized phallos. Also, I hope they make all the NPC extra annoying. I found some of them almost tolerable in DA1.

...also, Im trying to play Richard Burns Rally again but its crazy hard so I just end up cursing and biting my wheel in frustration

I'm playing Richard Burns Rally actually, waiting for reviews of Test Drive Unlimited 2 that I trust.

About RBR though, fiddle about with settings - it can make a world of difference when you figure out what's good for you.

I've ended up not doing Scandinavian Flicks though, they just send me careening into trees. Or rocks. Or bloody photographers.

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

"Filling the empty hours until DA2 is released."

Bwhaahhahahaaaahhahaaaa.

I'd rather watch paint dry.

Maybe he meant he is practicing emptiness so he will be prepared to play DA2 for many hours.

I'm trying to link DA2 to emptiness there.

Eh, I can't figure out how to word that right :sorcerer:

I'm playing Richard Burns Rally actually, waiting for reviews of Test Drive Unlimited 2 that I trust.

About RBR though, fiddle about with settings - it can make a world of difference when you figure out what's good for you.

I've ended up not doing Scandinavian Flicks though, they just send me careening into trees. Or rocks. Or bloody photographers.

TDU2 would be an ok arcade racer, but they've somehow fudged it so no version has any FFB. Which makes it very difficutl to drive since you cant feel what you're doing. Id wait for Shift 2, it's supposed to be alot sim-ier than the first game.

As for RBR, playing mostly F1 sims for years has damaged me. Rally driving is completely alien in comparison,

*looks up greebled*

Dragon-Age-Origins.jpg

Yo dawg, I heard you liked shoulderpads so I put extra shoulderpads on top of the shoulderpads on top of your regular shoulderpads so you can.. I dont know, look gooder?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

TDU2 would be an ok arcade racer, but they've somehow fudged it so no version has any FFB. Which makes it very difficutl to drive since you cant feel what you're doing. Id wait for Shift 2, it's supposed to be alot sim-ier than the first game.

As for RBR, playing mostly F1 sims for years has damaged me. Rally driving is completely alien in comparison,

They messed up the forcefeedback? AGAIN?! SNAFU..

I've been hoping it'd be a decent crossover between simulation and arcade. I'd really like a sandbox driving sim, but, heh, there does'nt seem to be much of a market for that.

Have you tried out TDU2 yourself or is what you know about it from forums etc?

Went from RBR for a long while to F1, was'nt a terribly clever idea to try left-foot braking.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

im already bored with dark messiah, i just got to the spider temple but im not sure I can go on any longer.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

They messed up the forcefeedback? AGAIN?! SNAFU..

I've been hoping it'd be a decent crossover between simulation and arcade. I'd really like a sandbox driving sim, but, heh, there does'nt seem to be much of a market for that.

Have you tried out TDU2 yourself or is what you know about it from forums etc?

Went from RBR for a long while to F1, was'nt a terribly clever idea to try left-foot braking.

I tried TDU2 to see if it was true and sure enough, my Logitech G25 is limp like a homosexual baboon on tranquilizers. They're probably just using the wheel input like it was a gamepad, I dont think they ever intended people to be nuts enough to use a wheel with an arcade racer.

And in modern formula one, left-foot braking is mandatory. Which really screws you up when you play something like F1 1991 for rfactor, where you have to use ye olde clutch again and heel-toe like a madman.

Bioshock & Mass Effect

quick, say it again, because some people might have missed that :shifty:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I tried TDU2 to see if it was true and sure enough, my Logitech G25 is limp like a homosexual baboon on tranquilizers. They're probably just using the wheel input like it was a gamepad, I dont think they ever intended people to be nuts enough to use a wheel with an arcade racer.

And in modern formula one, left-foot braking is mandatory. Which really screws you up when you play something like F1 1991 for rfactor, where you have to use ye olde clutch again and heel-toe like a madman.

MEH. What wankers, this is getting silly. First Mafia 2, now this, dunno wich is worse personally. Read on their forums that the clutch works like an on/off switch, and has done so since the beta stage.

Does your G25 have the ability to lock the H-shifter into sequential mode?

Should've pointed out that I meant braking and throttling at the same time, between two corners - instinctively just to throw the car around. I'll blame that on the time. I've got to get my hands on rFactor... That sounds like too much fun!

F1 has got to be the most boring thing on the tube :sorcerer: (pretty much any circuit racing championship is, but NASCAR and F1 take it to the extremes). it's got nothing on WRC, absolutely nothing. :lol:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

F1 has got to be the most boring thing on the tube :sorcerer: (pretty much any circuit racing championship is, but NASCAR and F1 take it to the extremes). it's got nothing on WRC, absolutely nothing. :lol:

I think that would be drifting myself, but it's pretty fun playing F1 games. I just wish that F1 2010 was good. Atleast it's not as bad as the Dirt games. 5 minutes of loadingtimes for 2 minutes of fun.

Tales of Monkey Island. Loving it! It brings the story into unexpected directions at every turn.

I still need to play the final episode, various life related catastrophes got in the way and it feels a bit weird going back there just yet, they captured Guybrush's character down to a tee though.

Does your G25 have the ability to lock the H-shifter into sequential mode?

Should've pointed out that I meant braking and throttling at the same time, between two corners - instinctively just to throw the car around. I'll blame that on the time. I've got to get my hands on rFactor... That sounds like too much fun!

I usually use it in sequential mode, the H-gate setting is way too flimsy and imprecise. If I had the money Id buy a custon shifter unit where the gears arent 0.005mm from eachother. And Rfactor is the crack of simracing, the physics are top notch and you can drive anything from monstertrucks to old 1950's formula cars.

F1 has got to be the most boring thing on the tube :) (pretty much any circuit racing championship is, but NASCAR and F1 take it to the extremes). it's got nothing on WRC, absolutely nothing. 8)

Phillistine!!! Rallying isnt without merit, but F1 is the crown of motor racing and always will be. And to compare it with Nascar is just plain offensive.

Finished my DAO run. All set for DA2.

Doing a ME1 run just so I can finally have a decent ME2 import for the eventual ME3. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I started playing Half-Life last night. I had bought it for a couple bucks in a Steam sale at least a year ago and never got around to trying it. (I'm not normally a shooter fan, but since everyone seems to agree that it's a classic, I decided to check it out.)

But I've found that, much like the only other Valve game I've played (Portal), after about 45 minutes of playing, I get a lovely case of motion sickness. Which is odd, because I'm generally OK with other first-person games as long as I can toggle the "head bob" option off. I had thought that the vertigo-effect that Portal frequently induces (i.e., entering a portal and not knowing which way is up) was the cause here, but now I'm thinking that it has something to do with how Valve designs their engines.

Portal, fortunately, was short enough to finish pretty quickly, even while playing in half-hour increments. How long does a playthrough of Half-Life typically take? I have enjoyed it so far-- lots of clever design in the introductory sequence and the first few areas.

I think there's a 15-minute speed run of Half-Life. it's a pretty short game, that's the part of the reason it's so good

Walsingham said: