What are the scariest movies you have ever seen

Gorgon

"Marathon Man", great thriller with Dustin Hoffman at the vanguard.

"Audition" is also great if you can deal with the Japanese style of long hours of lethargy

"Single White Female" is now getting a remake.

"Serpent and the Rainbow" kind of close to my culture's beliefs

"The Vanishing" easily one of my top 20.

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

The Exorcist freaked me out a bit as did Amityville Horror. Just rewatching the
from The Exorcits makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

I just wandered across the case of Anneliese Michel, after watching a link from that video. Very sad, as it seems a bunch of hysterical dingbats took a schizophrenic girl and starved her to death while/during attempts to exorcise demons from her.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The Exorcist freaked me out a bit as did Amityville Horror. Just rewatching the
from The Exorcits makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

I just wandered across the case of Anneliese Michel, after watching a link from that video. Very sad, as it seems a bunch of hysterical dingbats took a schizophrenic girl and starved her to death while/during attempts to exorcise demons from her.

Its sad to think that something like that can happen in modern times in a developed country. How can people honestly believe in "possession"?

So I'm the only person who was a lot more scared by Mothman Prophecies that, say, the Exorcist?

Yep, the rest of the world know that it's a crazy alien theory.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

One thing I have to admit, which was a severe blow against my manhood, was that the new Pirahana 3D made me sick to my stomach. The gore was just so well-made that, despite a youth spent watching countless horror flicks, I came very close to vomiting on several occasions.

The Woman in Black. Creeped the hell out of me, I wouldn't watch it again.

The Swedish 1950's murder-mystery thriller? :shifty:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

How could they remake that? It was scary enough the first time with Shawn & Marlon Wayans. ;(

I don't think that you are talking about what you think are talking about http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_White_Female

and "The Roommate" may not be a remake per-se but I'm getting a strong vibe that they are the same.

village_idiot.gif

How could they remake that? It was scary enough the first time with Shawn & Marlon Wayans. :o

I don't think that you are talking about what you think are talking about http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_White_Female

and "The Roommate" may not be a remake per-se but I'm getting a strong vibe that they are the same.

Heh, he's referring to White Chicks, which was an awesome movie :p

But yeah, the Wayans brothers in that make up is about as scary as it gets.

I find the lack of Bruce Campell in this thread disturbing. "Evil Dead"

The topic is about scariest movies, not funniest movies :p

Horror movie, it still counts.

village_idiot.gif

Evil Dead is horror?

It has a horror theme. :p

Look if anyone has any complaints take them to wikipedia, Imdb and with Bravo. They all seem to think that it's a horror movie, much like Scream despite it's tongue in cheek tone was.

village_idiot.gif

The tree scene in Evil Dead1 mostly made me laugh, but yeah, the first is the only one that I'd say is more outright "horror". The other two, definitely comedy. Very 3 stooges influenced among other things.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The tree scene in Evil Dead1 mostly made me laugh, but yeah, the first is the only one that I'd say is more outright "horror". The other two, definitely comedy. Very 3 stooges influenced among other things.

I thought that scene was pretty dark, frankly. At least what is implied.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.