Q & A

Big Bottom

I have a quick question which probably doesn't warrant it's own thread, so I've made this one as a general Q&A thread.

Anyway.

My question is a NWN2 one. I have an old savegame from the beginning of Act 3 and I'm wondering if it's really worth finishing since I mainly just want to get to the MotB expansion as I've heard such good things about it! Does knowing the plot of the OC make MotB more enjoyable? Lastly I want to play through as a pureclass Monk...is this a fun build?

Cheers!

BB

My question is a NWN2 one. I have an old savegame from the beginning of Act 3 and I'm wondering if it's really worth finishing since I mainly just want to get to the MotB expansion as I've heard such good things about it! Does knowing the plot of the OC make MotB more enjoyable? Lastly I want to play through as a pureclass Monk...is this a fun build?

The plot in MotB is completely standalone, there are a few references to OC but since you played until Act 3 that's no issue. Never played NWN 2 with a monk class, I finished MotB with Spirit Shaman and Rogue.

You will miss the quality ending of original campaign though.

Edited by Mera

The plot in MotB is completely standalone, there are a few references to OC but since you played until Act 3 that's no issue. Never played NWN 2 with a monk class, I finished MotB with Spirit Shaman and Rogue.

You will miss the quality ending of original campaign though.

:shifty:

NWN2 has a kick-ass ending, don't miss it, it's great

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Yeah, if you're already in Act 3, the most tedious parts are well behind you. I'm not one to tell someone to keep playing a game they aren't enjoying, but I thought the final confrontation was pretty fun.

MotB has its charms, but I've never been as enchanted with it as many here are. I just rather disliked the epic-cheese combat, and the storyline kinda requires the player to take Forgotten Realms cosmology seriously, which I've always had trouble doing.

hmm, I think remaking Infinity games is a complete waste of time... especially IWD. now, what I would love to play is a remake of any of the Golden Box games

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.