Romances?

I wasn't ironic. I just loved flirting with Mina, convincing Handmaiden that I was a good guy, teaching Visas about emotions and even being seduced by Gannayev (when I played as a woman). Dunno if you feel the same, but that was my favorite moments. Those were real, personal conversations. I loved them. :']

I think that romances could bring something more to Dungeon Siege 3.

Sorry for my english, it's not so good.

I guess I identify romances from Obsidian more with Safiya coming out of nowhere and telling me she loved me just because I had high influence with her and the horrible horrible romance with the elf in NWN2.

Well, Elanee was less a romance and more "creepy, creepy stalker girl". She was Tali before Tali. :shifty: (Well, a mix between Tali and Legion)

I actually took her more of a joke though.

Edited by C2B

Actually, NWN2 was a pretty bad game, because Obsidian focused on mechanics and graphics, other than history and characters (you know, all that D&D 3.5 is freakin' big). I don't even know if I completed this title, but I loved Mask of the Betrayer. :') Couple of times actually. xD

Actually, NWN2 was a pretty bad game, because Obsidian focused on mechanics and graphics, other than history and characters (you know, all that D&D 3.5 is freakin' big). I don't even know if I completed this title, but I loved Mask of the Betrayer. :') Couple of times actually. xD

I'm actually one of the few that really liked NWN2. Yeah, it wasn't anything special but I had a lot of fun with Act 2 and Act 3. And it had some really funny banter.

Partially agree, but NWN2 compared to other Obsidian's game wasn't that good actually. Imo, it's better than most BioWare titles (NWN1, BG, KotOR1), but still it's nothing special. :')

And i still think that romances in DS3 would make this game more personal, deeper and enjoyable. Obsidian can do it.

If it's the same conversation system like in Mass Effect, you would probably have the "good answer" on the top of wheel and a "bad answer" on the bottom. If you don't like dialogs, you may just figure out your personality and always choose one type of answer - you won't even notice the choices in conversations. For me, more dialogs = better game. Plus romances = holy ****, it would be awesome. ;')

There is actually one thing that kinda makes me wish to see romances in the party in DS3 : you will apparently always play with the same party, and a character that was just a companion in one play-through can become your main character in another. How weird (and fun) would it be that you could play the romance from both sides of the fence :shifty: ?

There is actually one thing that kinda makes me wish to see romances in the party in DS3 : you will apparently always play with the same party, and a character that was just a companion in one play-through can become your main character in another. How weird (and fun) would it be that you could play the romance from both sides of the fence :shifty: ?

It would be the first game to offer offer so narcissitic experience!

Innovation! ;):)

Edited by PoetAndMadman

I'd like romances... I mean, i'm not really looking for Dungeon Siege 1 or 2... I enjoyed those games quite a bit, but gameplay and storytelling has evolved since those games came out. Which is why when people say adding something(like romances for example) would make it not a Dungeon Siege game, I don't really get it. This is a continuation off of those two games, which means it should evolve and grow in new ways, not try and redo it completely... that is how a series gets stale and stagnant.

I think Bioware and Obsidian have done a good job with romances personally. The best part being that if they don't suit your character, you don't have to pursue them.

• 4 weeks later...
I'd like romances... I mean, i'm not really looking for Dungeon Siege 1 or 2... I enjoyed those games quite a bit, but gameplay and storytelling has evolved since those games came out. Which is why when people say adding something(like romances for example) would make it not a Dungeon Siege game, I don't really get it. This is a continuation off of those two games, which means it should evolve and grow in new ways, not try and redo it completely... that is how a series gets stale and stagnant.

I think Bioware and Obsidian have done a good job with romances personally. The best part being that if they don't suit your character, you don't have to pursue them.

Yay no sleeze, mush or other reason to bash my head against the wall moaning as I do :shifty: - See the final line at http://www.gamebanshee.com/interviews/1018...-siege-iii.html

Game +2 today. After day's of moaning and whinging about it things are improving today :x