New gameplay vid

The AI looks okay to me, well... the trash mobs look pretty mediocre but the bosses look smoother. I've seen a few deaths while people were trying to display the game, and I am almost 100% certain they weren't playing on the highest difficulty so I think depending on the difficulty the AI will be sufficient. I am just saying you never really know, it's almost expected that on easy difficulty the ai will attack really slow... so until we know the exact difficulty, it's hard to form a real opinion.

The animation especially sprinting/walking does not look natural on the surface. The background looks nice!. Things to improve on:

1. Sprinting/walking vs the background tileset. It needs to be natural.

2. Facial animation especially the teeth. Doesn't look natural. Can improve on that.

3. UI. Backgrounds looks beautiful and real but UI looks cartoony.

4. Inventory UI. I like a body/skeleton representation of the item equipped than the scrolling. But i like the comparison UI on the equipped and selected. Nice!

These are the things i like to see improve at the moment.

After watching the video it seems we are playing lucas?, if so I won't buy it, part of what I liked with Dungeon Siege 1 and 2 is you have a choice, this looks to much like two worlds, oh well guess I'll wait till it releases and find out from some youtube vids, since info on the game is limited for a game set to release in May.

Some quick comments:

• The build shown in the video is months old, so while it's the latest thing you guys have seen, and we're glad you get to finally see the game in real action, there's definitely a LOT of stuff in there that we already fixed and improved.

• Difficulty was tuned way down in that build, so that can explain the sense that the player wasn't in danger - they weren't supposed to be. Since then we've done a lot of work to improve AI, including increasing the frequency of their attacks when there are fewer guys around. We've also implemented some difficulty settings so you can scale the difficulty from baby-time up to pretty darn hard.

• And, when you're actually playing the game as opposed to watching it, the attacks feel plenty fast since you have to react quite quickly in order to effectively block or dodge them. So we've found in playtesting that we've sometimes had to increase the attack cooldowns from what "looks" right so that the game plays well, which is ultimately what's most important.

• Most of the HUD/UI shown has been massively revamped and improved. UI has been one of the major focuses of the past few months (since the build that you guys are seeing is several months old, of course, that isn't included in the video).

• I wouldn't judge our AI by Alpha Protocol's - the people, code, goals and design are all quite different and I think, for what the game is intended to be, the AI works quite well.

I hate this idiotic tradition amongst nearly all game presentations where it's on God mode, or the character is cheated up, or the game difficulty is scaled down. Isn't the point to give the potential customer accurate information? (Well, no, it isn't, but it would be nice...) Personally, a hack & slash ARPG isn't fun unless it's hard and there's always the risk of death. You're going to fight things 99% of the time, what's the point if it's not a challenge?

I can get with the explanation about it being different when you play, though, and really glad to hear UI was improved. It would have been horrible...

Is there a possibility to adjust size of fonts in menus in game? It would be really nice for someone who don't have a giant TV (me). ;'d

Edited by Dabu

Sorry for my english, it's not so good.

Some quick comments:

• The build shown in the video is months old, so while it's the latest thing you guys have seen, and we're glad you get to finally see the game in real action, there's definitely a LOT of stuff in there that we already fixed and improved.

• Difficulty was tuned way down in that build, so that can explain the sense that the player wasn't in danger - they weren't supposed to be. Since then we've done a lot of work to improve AI, including increasing the frequency of their attacks when there are fewer guys around. We've also implemented some difficulty settings so you can scale the difficulty from baby-time up to pretty darn hard.

• And, when you're actually playing the game as opposed to watching it, the attacks feel plenty fast since you have to react quite quickly in order to effectively block or dodge them. So we've found in playtesting that we've sometimes had to increase the attack cooldowns from what "looks" right so that the game plays well, which is ultimately what's most important.

• Most of the HUD/UI shown has been massively revamped and improved. UI has been one of the major focuses of the past few months (since the build that you guys are seeing is several months old, of course, that isn't included in the video).

• I wouldn't judge our AI by Alpha Protocol's - the people, code, goals and design are all quite different and I think, for what the game is intended to be, the AI works quite well.

Thank You. I'm not sure what people expect out of a action/rpg in terms of AI but I for one don't want to play peek-a-boo with enemies arround a table for 5 minutes to kill them. It's a friggin a/rpg send the creatures at me dozens at a time so i can smash them in the face for hours on end to level up, to smash more creatures in the face to....you get it.

Maybe have some mage and range types hanging back casting and buffing or whatever but thats about it. Send them to me so i can send them to their grave and take their loot....and yeah maybe throw some story in for good measure :D.

Everything I've read thus says that you have to work with three ai characters...yet in every vid I've seen only two characters at most at work. So is that bs or what?

The last two aren't revelead yet.

I realize this, so are you suggesting that this is simply demo footage in the sense that this is not representitive of the actual gameplay but of just how the game will look? That in the footage current there are supposed to be two other people there that Obsidian has cloaked in a veil of pre-marketing adjustment?

Everything I've read thus says that you have to work with three ai characters...yet in every vid I've seen only two characters at most at work. So is that bs or what?

I realize this, so are you suggesting that this is simply demo footage in the sense that this is not representitive of the actual gameplay but of just how the game will look? That in the footage current there are supposed to be two other people there that Obsidian has cloaked in a veil of pre-marketing adjustment?

Yeah, but you won't have all party members from the beginning. So its at least somewhat representative of the early game.

Yeah, but you won't have all party members from the beginning. So its at least somewhat representative of the early game.

You're sort of right, and sort of wrong. You do pick your character at the beginning of the game, but only two of the possible characters to choose from have been revealed.

You're sort of right, and sort of wrong. You do pick your character at the beginning of the game, but only two of the possible characters to choose from have been revealed.

Which is what I said in my post before that post. :shifty:

Also thanks for posting again. I always love when developers take interest in the community. Stuff like this gets me always pumped for a game and shows dedication!

(I so hope you guys do team produced music again for DS3. It was awesome in SOZ/F:NV)

Edited by C2B

Which is what I said in my post before that post. :sorcerer:

Also thanks for posting again. I always love when developers take interest in the community. Stuff like this gets me always pumped for a game and shows dedication!

(I so hope you guys do team produced music again for DS3. It was awesome in SOZ/F:NV)

Sorry - it sounded like their was some confusion a to whether or not you were forced to play as Lucas. You are not forced to play him - you can choose to instead play as Anjali or one of the other guys we haven't revealed yet.

And thanks for the kind words re: dev music. I actually played on a couple of the f:nv tracks while working on DS3, so I'm glad people enjoyed them!

I usually turn off the music for some of the games that i'm playing and play my own music (i'm a snob like that). For this game, i turn it up, haha. You won't be disappointed with this one. :)

Let me get back to sleeping. I'm tired...

I usually turn off the music for some of the games that i'm playing and play my own music (i'm a snob like that). For this game, i turn it up, haha. You won't be disappointed with this one. :)

Awesome!! Small favor to ask. Could you push up the release date about a month..lol. I can't wait to play this game.

So, who is now composing exactly?