Dungeon Siege III Art

Is it normal that we've never seen that flock of hair on her right shoulder in the few videos that came before her reveal?

Scratch that question, I just watched those videos again, the woman in those is named Leona, not Katarina. It looks like the clothing and fighting style are a bit of a family thing ;) !

Awesome! Can't wait to see more art. =)

Sure can!

Sorry guys, we've been busy finishing the game, but I should be posting more pretty soon. I should say these character renders are not really concepts, they are the actual game models, rendered from within our game engine, with some Photoshop manipulation. They are going to look very close to what you will be seeing in-game. I do intend to post more concept art as well.

Katarina - the Lescanzi half-blood. Although her mother was a Lescanzi witch, her father proudly served the Legion, and now you, as the player, have a choice to make...

post-30529-1301192904_thumb.jpg

A few extra renders for you...

first_people_wahaika.jpg - First People are to be found in the swamps of Ehb. The Wahaika warriors are fast and deadly, you would not want to cross a group of them in battle.

first_people_shaman.jpg - The Shamans are the village elders of the First People. They have mastered unique arts that makes them a deadly adversary, should you chose to anger one.

spider_black.jpg - The typical large spider you will find in caves and certain forests as you adventure. However, it should be noted he is not the biggest nor the most deadly of the spiders.

Cyclops.jpg - The worker Cyclops carrying a hammer that he uses in the Forge beneath the city of Stonebridge.

azunite_zealot.jpg - You will encounter many of the Azunite faith in your adventures. The Zealots are well-armed and armored, and are rarely encountered alone. Hopefully you will not have to battle any of these...

archon_descent.jpg - As you all know, all Archons, including Anjali, are able to shift into their natural form. In this form they often drop their material-world equipment and instead rely on elemental forces.

Wow, that concept art the archon in its elemental form is beautiful :) !

For some reason, I can't help but think that the Wahaika warriors have huge legs :p . It must be that concept art of the Bastrion Hero in the upcoming Heroes of Might & Magic 6.

Katarina looks awesome.. But just hate chicks with high heels in combat. Not realistic. Boots will be fine.

The rest of the render compared to Katarina looks bad and not as good. Spider look plasticky.. Cyclops? low texture polygons .. clearly seen in the legs. Azunite warrior? The helm design looks like ostrich.. Shaman looks like a game that i've played in the 90's?

Guess i only like Katarina concept art though. Sorry for the nitpicking but it's 2011 already

Edited by Archaven

Heh... I showed my brother in law the spider and he yelled at me (one of his biggest fears). You know, I'm glad this game is adding a bunch of new lore content such as the First People, and the Cyclopses. Guess I'll have to wait to get the game to find out more specifics, though. :p

By the way, can you tell us what the inspirations for Anjali's elemental marking style was? It almost looks like ancient Indian or something... Very awesome. It's probably my favorite art so far. =)

Keep up the good work! I look forward to seeing more. =)

I think that all of those look pretty cool. I like all of the designs and honestly, while there are some low poly/low textures spots which are kinda the bane of the game's look, but then again, it's quite obviously meant to be played top-down, and from the gameplay videos shown, it has a lot of enemies on screen, with great lighting and a smooth framerate, so it was a good choice overall.

Not to mention it doesn't have loading screens. :sorcerer:

WorstUsernameEver - good post, you are quite perceptive.

I'll just throw it out there, anything can be nitpicked to death, but a lot goes into the design of something for a video game. Typically game companies do not like posting their art (unless it is specifically-made marketing art), because game characters and environments are very much tailored to the game - the game's camera perspective, post-process effects, how many characters are on-screen, how big they are, how well they read against the environment they are in, etc. In case of RPG's, the list is extended further because of swappable equipment and visual effects that go with it. It goes on and on, and we have to take all of that into account as we create assets.

Honestly the best presentation for all this is how it is meant to be - from within the game. Our whole team is very proud of what we have accomplished and we can't wait for you guys to experience DS3.

Case in point...

http://www.medievalweaponinfo.com/medieval...sutton-hoo-man/

...Because even ancient folks knew that only REAL men had mustaches.

Can't decide wether to mock this or feel respect for the man who had the balls to design this.

Any chance to get the big katarina artwork from the characters section of the homepage?

(like the one from you of lucas)

Pretty please? :D Would be awesome!

//Oops, nevermind ;) You already posted it. Great stuff! Thank you

Edited by vanchris

• 2 weeks later...

I've been looking at the pics from the Atomic HQ preview event funcroc linked us to in the previews thread, and is it me or did Lucas go through some kind of tweaking since the art we have on the first page of this thread? I mean, look :

20110420101623_IMG_3814.jpg

He looks older, 'harder'.

I've been looking at the pics from the Atomic HQ preview event funcroc linked us to in the previews thread, and is it me or did Lucas go through some kind of tweaking since the art we have on the first page of this thread? I mean, look :

20110420101623_IMG_3814.jpg

He looks older, 'harder'.

Definitely older, not sure about harder. He's lost the babyfaced killer look - A positive to my mind but then my vote probably doesn't count, I'm not keen on where the game design's gone.