Dungeon Siege III Art

Very awesome artistic vision... Love the bear especially. =) I noticed in the video, goblins were creatures that would be in game. I love to hear about this, since I'm a DS fan, and it's nice to see creatures from the first game. =) So I was curious... are there more creatures from the other 2 games that will be in this one? If you are able to show us sometime in the future... Maybe some concept art for them? :o I'd live to see creatures like the Krug, the Mucosa, the Droog, and even the Seck. =)

I think Awesome Bear appears briefly in the latest trailer, at the end :

Hmmm... Seems like on every trailer or video I've seen, there's crows everywhere. I wonder if there's any kind of significance in that. Like the crebain from the LotR books, and that your hero is always being dreadfully watched by the villain... Or maybe embodying some kind of hidden symbolism or twist in the story that has yet to be revealed until we progress the story line... Or maybe I'm just reading too much into it, and it's just done because the artists think it looks "kewl". :lol: I think it's probably the later, and I would have to agree with them as well. Heh. =)

I think Awesome Bear appears briefly in the latest trailer, at the end :

Awesome bear looks massive!

And I like the crows, clearly it's a warning that the crows are going to take over the world. To arms! To arms!

Edited by Flouride

Hate the living, love the dead.

Here we have the 2nd character of our story, Anjali - the Archon whose destiny you, as the player, will take to it's resolve.

And a stained glass painting of Azunai, the great champion of Ehb.

post-30529-1297668700_thumb.jpg

post-30529-1297668724_thumb.jpg

Very awesome... Especially the stained glass effect. =) Although... I might be wrong on this... But, wasn't Azunai the great champion of Aranna?

Man, it must be a pain for Anjali to get in and out of that armor each morning... Bwaha. But that's the price you gotta pay for looking awesome.

Stained glass painting was posted somewhere a long time ago and it still looks as great as ever. Absolutely love the colors in it.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

hopfrog - so he was! I edited the post to correct that error. I am just an artist! o:)

I don't go into too much detailed description about what you are seeing partly because it is best to allow the game to explain it in my stead, and the other is George would turn red and combust if I got the details wrong.

I hope we can have additional texture packs in the game so the characters in the game looks like the one in the concept art o:). When will such day come with such beautiful graphics :D

It actually looks close. What do you mean?

129621941707.png

The one in the concept art look far more detailed :p

Which details do you mean? The biggest difference is the hair but apart from that the only differences I see are colour and lightning releated.

Could be I'm missing some smaller details.

Edited by C2B

• 1 month later...

Sure can!

Sorry guys, we've been busy finishing the game, but I should be posting more pretty soon. I should say these character renders are not really concepts, they are the actual game models, rendered from within our game engine, with some Photoshop manipulation. They are going to look very close to what you will be seeing in-game. I do intend to post more concept art as well.

Katarina - the Lescanzi half-blood. Although her mother was a Lescanzi witch, her father proudly served the Legion, and now you, as the player, have a choice to make...

Katarina.jpg

I should say these character renders are not really concepts, they are the actual game models, rendered from within our game engine, with some Photoshop manipulation.

Can I say that the Photoshop job is not as good on Katarina as it is on Anjali and Lucas? It's still a beautiful character and I especially love the colors, but there is something in her face that immediately marks that pic as a 3D renderer. Perhaps it's the lips? Still, she looks beautiful. Is it normal that we've never seen that flock of hair on her right shoulder in the few videos that came before her reveal?

Another question : what's up with the high heels? Both Anjali and Katarina wear them, and nobody can pass beyond that fact, given that they're not fit for fighting and acrobatics, like those two characters do.

Another question : what's up with the high heels? Both Anjali and Katarina wear them, and nobody can pass beyond that fact, given that they're not fit for fighting and acrobatics, like those two characters do.

I think in the end its just the chosen comic/over the top artstyle.