Things like this piss me off endlessly.

Morgoth

Click

The article is in German but it says that Vancouver is slaughtering Huskies gruesomely after they aren't needed anymore after the Olympic games. Like slitting their throats and then bury them half-alive.

So, they just slaughter hundreds of these dogs because "they don't know what to do with them" and the guy to do the job now wants compensation because he can't deal with the post-traumatic stress.

What the **** Canadians, you could at least try to find some homes for these dogs/take care of them, can't be that big of a deal. I'd take another one.

Having myself a Husky and knowing how loyal and lovely they are just makes me mad to read this news.

Does seem a bit silly.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Getting your throat slit IS humane. You just fall asleep after a minute or so. It does not matter if you're buried by the time that happens.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

-Huh, what's with the burying alive. You would think there would be some kind of heath and safety code requiring an injection. Also, yes, why didn't they try and place these animals. It's not much different than getting a puppy at Christmas and then putting it down when the cuteness factor wears off.

*wags finger*

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Even better is the worker that did this, filed for worker's compensation as he has PTSD, and won his claim and got a good settlement. Shame they haven't released his name though, would amuse me to see what happens to him. Although he's allegedly a shell of a man, heh.

http://www.cbc.ca/consumer/story/2011/01/3...mutilation.html

Apparently the police are investigating comments made on social networking sites, for calling for "vigilantism", as well, heh.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

How about we load them into one of those industrial diamond making machines and compress them explosively into gemstones?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Wonder how hard it would be to drive that guy to suicide, hmm. Anyway, big stink in Canada over this. SPCA apparently was approached, but said they couldn't put the dogs up for adoption. Mind you, he didn't tell them "it's adoption or death via shotgun and blade".

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Getting your throat slit IS humane. You just fall asleep after a minute or so.

You a ****ing expert on that or what?

technically you drown in your own blood, but you aren't awake for all of it as you lose the oxygen supply to your brain fairly quickly.

Are you telling me that drowning is a pleasent death? You a ****ing expert on that, too?

Some of the responses on this thread.....

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

But this has specifically to do with the games, killing and incarcerating dissidents hasn't

I hate to agree with Volo, but in deciding where to hold the games, surely thousands of people dead is worse than thousands of dogs dead?

Come to that, even if dogs were the sodding yardstick, China would lose.

800px-Gaegogi-01.jpg

-Elwood Blues

Getting your throat slit IS humane. You just fall asleep after a minute or so.

You a ****ing expert on that or what?

technically you drown in your own blood, but you aren't awake for all of it as you lose the oxygen supply to your brain fairly quickly.

Are you telling me that drowning is a pleasent death? You a ****ing expert on that, too?

:ermm:

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Have to say I agree with Morgoth. I hate it when people say, 'It doesn't feel it', or 'the pain only lasts a moment'. How the hell do you know what it feels like? You try it recently? :)

I also find it 'funny' that mkreku thinks owning a gun in America is some great crime against humanity, but slitting a dog's throat is a humane way to put it down.

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

Have to say I agree with Morgoth. I hate it when people say, 'It doesn't feel it', or 'the pain only lasts a moment'. How the hell do you know what it feels like? You try it recently? :)

I also find it 'funny' that mkreku thinks owning a gun in America is some great crime against humanity, but slitting a dog's throat is a humane way to put it down.

Slitting a throat isn't the same as slitting the actual throat of the animal. It's a pretty small incision that slits the animals main artery in the neck. It has been used for thousands of years as a way of killing animals, as it is a good way of getting a good deal of the blood out of the system the natural way (blood destroys meat).

They don't drown in their own blood! They go unconscious from lack of oxygen very quickly (a human only needs ten seconds, not sure about dogs), and then the heart keeps pumping out blood until it stops. It is all very calm and humane.

Things like this always sounds bad on paper but if you witness it, you realize it is not so bad. If you're not used to death, then of course it will not be pleasant. But then don't ever eat another hamburger in your life either. Those animals died a much more horrific death than getting their throats slit.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

The method of killing them doesn't bother me. It's the waste of material/opportunity.

-Elwood Blues

The thing is, he wasn't just slitting their throats in a humane manner. He also used a shotgun, and managed to wound not kill some of them.

And he was doing it in front of all the other dogs who were tethered there. So they "knew" what was coming.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Things like this always sounds bad on paper but if you witness it, you realize it is not so bad. If you're not used to death, then of course it will not be pleasant. But then don't ever eat another hamburger in your life either. Those animals died a much more horrific death than getting their throats slit.
(not really)

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.