Caravan Iphone App?

nikot

Has Obsidian ever considered developing a small iphone app based on their Fallout New Vagas in-game game Caravan? I know its a pretty simple game but I find my self playing it every chance I find someone in the Mojave that will play.

Can't believe Bethesda hasn't already thought about this..

If the Fallout: New Vegas actually had an economy, it would be neat if you could also transfer your Iphone winnings to the game.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Can't believe Bethesda hasn't already thought about this..

If the Fallout: New Vegas actually had an economy, it would be neat if you could also transfer your Iphone winnings to the game.

It could just be that you can trade iphone winnings for promotion codes that gice you accces to DLCs, like the Caravan Pack or some other item pack.

Every developer and their mother should be making a few extra bucks on the side from mobile apps, there's still quite a bit of room for innovative games from veteran developers.

Get on it Obsidian, a dialogue-based RPG with no combat, go!

I'm down for that, as long as it's not Apple only.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

I still can't work out how to play caravan. Despite reading two guides.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I still can't work out how to play caravan. Despite reading two guides.

imagine it like blackjack, but with three hands, and instead of the dealer drawing the cards you have a hand.

Hmmm...

Madness! Lies! Aaaagh! Aaaagh!

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

OK, so I managed to lose a hand of caravan now. BUt what am I supposed to be achieving, and how come I can go over 22, or (and this blows my tiny mind) put several face cards down and still end up with a single digit value?

-Elwood Blues

You want a hand to reach the number between 21 and 26 (inclusive). That is the winning zone. If you go over 26, your hand is toast and you need to remove cards or reset the hand. If you are under 21, then you've still got work to do.

If you're in the winning zone and the opponent isn't, you win that hand. If you're both in the winning zone, whoever's hand is higher wins. You do this with 3 hands simultaneously and hope to win overall (I'm not 100% sure on when the game terminates, though).

You achieve this goal by putting down number cards, or using JQK on your hand, or even using JQK on the opponent's hand to sabotage their task.

You do this with 3 hands simultaneously and hope to win overall (I'm not 100% sure on when the game terminates, though).

the game ends when at least one caravan in each column is sold, who ever has the more sold hands wins

• 10 months later...
Guest MUG_HardRock

Well... Sorry, you can't use it for your actual FO game ;-)

But here's your iPhone/iPad app for Caravan in the App Store

Works for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch from 4.2 and up.

Though you'll need to have a Game Center account to be able to store your points and win achievements.

Have fun ;-)

I've played a mobile phone Fallout game a long time ago on my old PDA. The controls had been horrible... So even if there would be Fallout 1 and 2 for modern mobile hardware, I bet the controls would just suck. :>

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

You can already play FO1/2, HOMM3, etc. on android. The controls are just horrible.

It's a pity. I might look and try to get FF6 on my phone or sommat.