RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Oh, for God's sake, just google the damn thing! There's a whole blog about this project already! sheesh...

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Just passing by... I saw my name, so I couldn't resist posting something. :shifty:

I do hope that Obz is making IWDIII btw!

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Nintendo 3DS sells 400,000 units on the first day in Japan. First shipment sold out. Now to see how the launch in EU/NA fares. Expecting it to be sold out in both regions within a few days.

The whole "first shipment sold out" statements you're seeing on news sites are overblown. Sure, stores "sold out" in the morning but they got new shipments the same day which they were selling to those who hadn't pre-ordered.

Untrue, but it turns out my statement was also untrue. They sold 375.000 in two days, so yes reports were overblown.

They re-released it ? Odd.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

oh? :ermm: a couple of examples, please. the biggest flaws of 4th?

The biggest flaw of 4th edition is that the skill system is boring and the 'skill challenge' system wonky. Other than that, it's much better than 3.x.

For PnP, I'd say ADnD is much better for role-playing while 4th ed is better for combat. If you're a new DM, 4th is easier to get into because setting up encounters is easier and the item power level is explicit. I'd say that ADnD has much better 'flavor' to the classes.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

so a good DM can pretty much combine the two to get what he wants for his campaign to work as he wants. kewl

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

so a good DM can pretty much combine the two to get what he wants for his campaign to work as he wants. kewl

Combining ADnD with 4th ed? Not without a crowbar, semtex and a ****load of ducttape. :ermm:

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I have no idea what Eurogamer are on about

it's a butchered version of the earlier interview with F.Urqhart, they're talking about DSIII, "WoT" and a new IP which J.Sawyer is presumably working on atm

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Hehe, about time, now just to make it permanent and add xbox's, wii's and similar to the list - and soooon zie mastah raece vill be back with zie third reich! JAWOHL!!!

I wonder if we'll see a blackmarket sprining up? :ermm:

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Mafia PS3 smugglers

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I can imagine the headlines already; "Talibans profit from PS3 ban; Your money is being used to fuel the killing of american soldiers!"

Combining ADnD with 4th ed? Not without a crowbar, semtex and a ****load of ducttape. :lol:

The crowbar and semtex are just for flair.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

If it's not worth doing with flair, it's not worth doing it at all!

Combining ADnD with 4th ed? Not without a crowbar, semtex and a ****load of ducttape. :lol:

I actually have managed to combine 3.5 with 4th edition to my satisfaction. I took the only things I liked from 4th edition ("bloodied" as a status, monsters and npcs that dont have to play by the same rules as players, mooks with 1hp) and houseruled them into 3.5. badaboombadabing!

everyone is happy, except my wallet, which spent $50 buying books just so i could end up with a couple new houserules.

4e sucks. :lol:

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.