New Previews

Lots of the video looks good and fun, not very impressed with the UI however. Reminds me of 10 year old console JRPGs with Solid colour gradients, big square menus everywhere, etc. Doubt it'll change much but it doesn't look good, it doesn't look like it fits in the gameworld, functionality seems OK but not great - hard to see why it's designed that way.

To prove that I have no shame, here is a link to StarWarsKnights.com's synthesis of a selection of the previews, plus some other bits and bobs. Do pass it on to other forums if you can, we could use the traffic. >_>

Edited by Darth InSidious

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

To prove that I have no shame, here is a link to StarWarsKnights.com's synthesis of a selection of the previews, plus some other bits and bobs. Do pass it on to other forums if you can, we could use the traffic. >_>

Do I have to read this sarcastically? I mean. Nothing against negativity if its sufficently explained but stuff like this:

On story points, the Gamespot previewers were given control of Lucas Montbarron son of a member of the 10th Legion, and a fighter. A fighter with a name suspiciously similar to a certain British viceroy of India, assassinated by the Provisional IRA in 1979. If this sounds like an odd point, the first thing Gamespot reviewers did was to take Mountb-, Montbarron home, to find it rapidly burning to the ground. Stay this subtle, Obsidian...

Stances available seem to be a sword-and-shield combo (leading to the inevitable

Can someone remind me what is Rich Taylor's background? Programming, right? Or is he the artist among the project directors?

I wouldn't compare this game with Diablo III or Dragon Age 2. I see it more as a DS3/DA2 hybrid.

I always compared it to The Witcher, personally. A somewhat fixed character, big role-playing in dialogs and (especially) choices, an emphasis on 'twitchy' combat. The combat gameplays are of course really different, and their loot philosophy are completely opposed however.

Edited by Sannom

Can someone remind me what is Rich Taylor's background? Programming, right? Or is he the artist among the project directors?

Programming. Zany Lyons was the one from artists, Josh and MCA from designers.

Oh and that Eurogamer article was quite nice. Still waiting to a see one in Finnish magazines though. Alvin any info on that? :)

Edited by Flouride

Hate the living, love the dead.

Programming. Zany Lyons was the one from artists, Josh and MCA from designers.

Oh and that Eurogamer article was quite nice. Still waiting to a see one in Finnish magazines though. Alvin any info on that? :)

1. That's "Zane Lyon". :)

2. Hopefully some should be coming out soon. I worked with so many places, i'm not sure which/when they are all coming out.

Great trailer! I got MOTB vibe.

Alvin, are those paintings at the beginning the same paintings, or at least the same style, the game will use in the cutscenes to tell the story?

Same style. :)

Let me get back to sleeping. I'm tired...