New Previews

This game shouldn't be compared with Diablo III, but with Dragon Age II. :E

Hah, funny - DA was supposed to be "a hardcore RPG" and DS was announced as hack&slash. But I don't see a lot of differences*... :'D

*(Dungeon Siege 3 will have a better plot)

Sorry for my english, it's not so good.

This game shouldn't be compared with Diablo III, but with Dragon Age II. :E

Hah, funny - DA was supposed to be "a hardcore RPG" and DS was announced as hack&slash. But I don't see a lot of differences*... :'D

*(Dungeon Siege 3 will have a better plot)

Definitely sounds like a Diablo 2\Diablo 3 comparison would be more accurate.

With these dialogs? With the characters? With the moral choices? I don't think so, you should look at the gameplays of Dragon Age II - there's a lot of action, just like in Dungeon Siege 3. These games are very similar to me.

With these dialogs? With the characters? With the moral choices? I don't think so, you should look at the gameplays of Dragon Age II - there's a lot of action, just like in Dungeon Siege 3. These games are very similar to me.

DS1&2 didn't have a great deal of interaction. I know they weren't Obsidian games. Depends how the dialogs\moral choices\interactions work.

Characters? Sounds like Diablo to me. Okay maybe fixed classes rather than straight characters but none of DS1's ability to blend classes.

Not played or really even read up about DAII yet so can't compare it to that. Isn't it more akin to NWN2 than DS1\DS2?

DS1&2 didn't have a great deal of interaction. I know they weren't Obsidian games. Depends how the dialogs\moral choices\interactions work.

Characters? Sounds like Diablo to me. Okay maybe fixed classes rather than straight characters but none of DS1's ability to blend classes.

Not played or really even read up about DAII yet so can't compare it to that. Isn't it more akin to NWN2 than DS1\DS2?

I was talking about Dungeon Siege 3, not 1 and 2. These games were just hack&slashes, DS3 looks deeper just from the first gameplays and previews. I know that it's too early to say about "how DS3 is a true RPG", but I see similarity in Dungeon Siege 3 to Dragon Age 2, not Diablo or first DS - dialogs, NPCs with personality, moral choices. There's no such elements in *normal* h'n's. DS3 looks just like a role-playing with a slasher-like gameplay.

Edited by Dabu

DS3 looks just like a role-playing with a slasher-like gameplay.

I agree. With a little luck we'll get the best of both worlds and everyone will be happy.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Definitely sounds like a Diablo 2\Diablo 3 comparison would be more accurate.

The multiplayer sounds too different for a comparison to Diablo 2/3 to be made. Really, I think it's going to be a lot like Dragon Age 1/2 and the Witcher : main focus in gameplay is combat, the role-playing is only there through the choices and dialogs. The full-stealth or full-diplomatic options aren't there.

Do you play classes or characters? There look to be a couple of previews of Lucas the Guardian. I'd prefer to select my own class and play my own adventure than play a prescripted character\plot.

It looks like you play characters, each one of them pertaining to a different class. And although the characters are pre-scripted, I don't think the plot will be.

It's likely to be like Sacred 2, where different origin stories will eventually converge into the same plot.

It would be nice to see one of those other classes (Dryad archer? Elven battlemage? Dwarven soldier?) in action.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

That's how I see Obsidian Entertainment: a clever team with great ideas, often struggling against the budget, the timeframe, or the engine.

This quite sums up my own view to them, too. If I could add, they used to have this tendency of choking themselves by putting too many ideas into each of their project. Their ambition is definitely admirable but they needed to make these ideas accessible from players in their final products. Fortunately, Chapman seems to have made his team more conscious of their final products through his thumb of the rule. With this one, I, somehow feel confident with just seeing the development process. Keep the good work, team. :p

Yeah, apparently gaming jounalism has gone full retardo again as multiple sites on the internet post about the co-ops non xp capatibility.

Even though nothing has been really confirmed regarding multiplayer options.

For those who read the magazine preview of PC Gamer : is it the same? I'm sure I've already read those comments about the screens somewhere!

EDIT : it's definitely the same!

yeah it seems to be. Though the guy who wrote about it here went way overboard on how negative the preview is. It's actually pretty positive and informative.

For those who read the magazine preview of PC Gamer : is it the same? I'm sure I've already read those comments about the screens somewhere!

yeah it seems to be. Though the guy who wrote about it here went way overboard on how negative the preview is. It's actually pretty positive and informative.

I'm pretty sure I never said it was an negative preview. ;)

I'm pretty sure I never said it was an negative preview. ;)

Well, let's say you had a way to show off the negative aspects. ;)

Edited by C2B

It's so weird to read how good the graphics is. I mean, it's an Obsidian's game. xD WTF?

Looks great, looking forward to it. :') I hope they won't rush it.

Edited by Dabu

where is ign preview? are they ignoring oei & ds3? :ermm:

Maybe Square and Obs are ignoring IGN?

Am I the only one that hopes that the 'cinematic' and 'voiced pc' fads die very very soon.

"cinematic" I do since it is just there to undermine the narrative possibilities of games. The medium can't really evolve if it is just imitating another one.

"voiced pc" is ok. Its a viable design choice and it suits an action oriented game with predefined charachters like DS3.

"voiced pc" is ok. Its a viable design choice and it suits an action oriented game with predefined charachters like DS3.

A game with voiced PC will always have less dialogue then one that doesn't. IMO it's unnecessary, and diverts development budget from more important aspects of RPGs. Also 'voiced pc' and 'cinematic' are very much tied together, you can't have 'cinematic' without 'voiced pc' and 'voiced pc' leads to 'cinematic' design.

When did Alvin become Associate Producer of Obsidian Entertainment?

cylon_basestar_eye.gif