New Previews

GamesVillage.it

No new info as far as I can tell, but it sounds pretty positive. The only con they list is that the game has almost nothing to do with the first two Dungeon Siege.

EDIT: Also the video looked really good. Much more fast-paced than the demo videos we've seen so far. My only grip with it would be the abysmal facial animations in conversations.

EDIT 2: GAF is already hating on the multiplayer on the premise that apparently only the host makes progress and other people can't import loot/XP in their games.

Edited by WorstUsernameEver

EDIT 2: GAF is already hating on the multiplayer on the premise that apparently only the host makes progress and other people can't import loot/XP in their games.

Considering Multiplayer options aren't confirmed yet, thats...

Then again GAF hates on everything.

From the VideoGamer.com preview :

Oddly the game doesn't include some of the more standard practices of the genre. Dead enemies drop orbs, but in order to pick them up you have to take part in a multi-step process of walking over to them and clicking near each independent orb. There's a similar level of tedium when looting treasure: One click to open a chest and watch as treasure spills out around it; another few clicks to stand over each piece of trinket and then add it to your inventory.

A bit scary that part! Will there be a button to take all the loot in the general area around the character and do the sorting in the inventory? Question for any Obsidian dev or for SED! Looting can get real annoying without that little time-saver!

The RPS preview was funny :lol: . +2 Corset of Holding :shifty: .

From the Strategy Informer preview :

It takes cues from recent story-heavy RPGs like Mass Effect by having branching decisions and a morality-style loyalty system, both of which strongly imply that there will be different outcomes later on depending on your character

From the Strategy Informer preview :

It takes cues from recent story-heavy RPGs like Mass Effect by having branching decisions and a morality-style loyalty system, both of which strongly imply that there will be different outcomes later on depending on your character’s actions.

Obsidian has made a specialty of those kind of games, why must you compare it to a Bioware game?!?

Because those twats probably haven't seen a single CRPG before Mass Effect. Or maybe it's their readers that don't know games that were released prior to ME.

Edited by Flouride

Hate the living, love the dead.

Not sure about the multiplayer myself. Don't know why they would do that in the first place.

If they keep the multiplayer that way, I think it would be the biggest mistake they could make... All you have to do is look at Fable 2 to see why that would be a bad idea. That game had the single worst multiplayer out of any game I have every played. =P

That being said, however, the fact you can have 3 other people in your party is something that I abselutely love to hear... Now if only they allow the ability to play as/build a support class... I love making healers/buffers/debuffers/unconventional builds in that game. :shifty:

Game Informer preview :

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/dungeon_...on-preview.aspx

The most interesting in it is probably the screens, which seem to showcase a lot of Anjani action.

"Our hands-on time with the first two hours of the game revealed an action/RPG that plays like Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance with a splash of Mass Effect.", so says the reviewer...

That right there is lesser than three, my friends. =) This makes me get my hopes up.

I love the thought of a DS3 but I've mixed feelings at this stage after reading some of the preview material. Obviously it's too early for definitive details but ....

A May release is okay but sooner is better! :)-

Do you play classes or characters? There look to be a couple of previews of Lucas the Guardian. I'd prefer to select my own class and play my own adventure than play a prescripted character\plot. Yes I know DS1\DS2 were plot limited. At least in DS1\DS2 I got to choose whether to stare at the backside of a guy or a girl all day long and whether I threw magic or smacked stuff over the head with a blunt bit of wood grunting as I did so.

Powers? It's not clear if the power bar you build up through attacking is an alternative power attack or a nuke that you need to work to build up. Basically the difference between DS2's special powers and a 'special move' from something like Street Fighter. Yes very old school reference. DS2 nukes are fine but an alternative attack might unbalance the game, especially if you play a nature mage\healer style class\character.

Skill tree's familiar, though I'm thinking TQ more than DS2.

Equipment fits only one player? Sounds interesting but doesn't that preclude sharing? What of a person with two characters they play at different times, can they exchange equipment somehow as in TQ? What if you try to help out a friend level up in a hurry?

Limited interface. Assuming that the tiny circle with the character portrait and dots beside it is the interface it looks far too small\insufficiently detailed. There's no numbers to tell you how your health\mana is progressing just a bar guide. I can't see the old 4 weapon slots (melee, ranged, 2x magic) though I've no objection to this being replaced to something user definable e.g. 4x magic slots, 3x melee choices etc. Not clear if it's easy to switch spells. In short too little info no clear easy easy way to change things, at least not outside the presumably easily selectable\editable inventory\spellbook screens.

Obviously I need to wait and see what new info gets released but I am a little concerned that maybe DS3 won't be everything\anything I'm hoping it will.

Do you play classes or characters? There look to be a couple of previews of Lucas the Guardian. I'd prefer to select my own class and play my own adventure than play a prescripted character\plot.

It looks like you play characters, each one of them pertaining to a different class. And although the characters are pre-scripted, I don't think the plot will be.

Powers? It's not clear if the power bar you build up through attacking is an alternative power attack or a nuke that you need to work to build up.

It seems that, for each stance, there is the regular attack and the special powers. The powers burn Focus when they're used, and you gain Focus by using you regular attack on enemies. I remember that for each power, there is a powered-up version that uses the entirety of the Focus bar.

Equipment fits only one player? Sounds interesting but doesn't that preclude sharing?

No, each category of item can only be used by one character, but you loot items of all categories. For example, swords will probably be used only by the Guardian character, but if you play that character, you will find swords, bu staffs that can only be used by the Archon character.

What of a person with two characters they play at different times, can they exchange equipment somehow as in TQ? What if you try to help out a friend level up in a hurry?

That would be a problem if a multiplayer in the vein of Diablo 2's was on the table, but apparently the only multiplayer that will be there is cooperative play of the campaign, and your friends don't use their own characters but the ones that you found during the campaign.

Whether or not it's a good idea is another debate entirely. I can already see the arguments about who will play who :lol:

It could also mean that conversations have little to no impact, which was something one of the German previews you guys linked was complaining about IIRC (though it seemed a little disingenuous to expect a conversation to let you skip combat in an action RPG...).

Yeah, naturally a pre-alpha build that only shows like 2 hours of the game is going to show lots and lots of c&c. Gotta love these so called journalists some times...

Palgn preview

The usual RPG elements seem to be in place but what struck as particularly interesting was the conversation system, as it seems to take a page out of Mass Effect and Dragon Age, giving players a variety of different responses and choices.

I guess games such as Fallout 1&2 or Planescape: Torment didn't have any variety in responses and choices...