New screenshots

sorry to be in the minority... i don't know what kind of screenshots you guys are looking at but honestly the textures are really bad. are there anyway to add high res textures to the game if you have a better rig and graphics card?

i know gameplays is the main criteria but please spare those who likes to look at pretty things. honestly, even sacred 2 with elite texture packs looks 100 times better.

Was there anything specific that stood out to you?

Was there anything specific that stood out to you?

apart from gameplay and storyline i believe you guys would be able to do a great job. i'm just being honest the graphics really looks dated. i really do hope what i'm looking are low resolution pre alpha screenshots. do let me know if it's true. thanks

sorry to be in the minority... i don't know what kind of screenshots you guys are looking at but honestly the textures are really bad. are there anyway to add high res textures to the game if you have a better rig and graphics card?

i know gameplays is the main criteria but please spare those who likes to look at pretty things. honestly, even sacred 2 with elite texture packs looks 100 times better.

I have to disagree. Sacred 2 looks worse (still pretty great and due to elite textures higher resolution). Especially in motion.

Especially look at the ground detail/textures and compare this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-8c6J8AdL4

to this

http://www.4players.de/4players.php/tvplay...o_Ausblick.html

Edited by C2B

Sacred 2 looks like it has better textures (though I wonder, you talk about an "Elite pack" were they in the game since the beginning? in all versions of the game?), but Dungeon Siege III has significantly better lighting and effects. Also, as far as I know, yeah, the game is still in alpha, though from here 'till May I doubt they're going to do a new high-resolution texture pack.. so I'm hoping they're just holding off one for the PC version. Either way, it doesn't bother me that much, it looks good in motion, and that's what's important.

Sacred 2 looks like it has better textures (though I wonder, you talk about an "Elite pack" were they in the game since the beginning? in all versions of the game?), but Dungeon Siege III has significantly better lighting and effects. Also, as far as I know, yeah, the game is still in alpha, though from here 'till May I doubt they're going to do a new high-resolution texture pack.. so I'm hoping they're just holding off one for the PC version. Either way, it doesn't bother me that much, it looks good in motion, and that's what's important.

I really don't think the textures are too low res compared to other games this game. Especially on console titles. And I seriously don't think the textures look worse than Sacred 2. And I pumped nearly 120 hours in that game.

Anyway, the Elite texture pack was a pc specific pack for the collector's edition that pumped up the textures in the game with a higher resolution. I think it was later given out for free. Though, not sure on that one.

Edit: Also Sacred 2 is a beautiful game. Don't get me wrong.

Edited by C2B

Well, the thing about Sacred 2 was that it looked absolutely beautiful when zoomed out, but the further you zoomed in, the worse it looked, even with the high-res textures. A lot of these screenshots are from a closer viewpoint, and I think they still look quite good.