FO: NV (DLC)

Rosbjerg

Yes, checked out the DM trailer again and the HH one looks definitive much better (from trailer point of view).

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

More tribals? :shifty: I had enough of them after Fallout 2. That is one of the reasons I didn't like Point Lookout plus it was over the top and didn't fit in the Fallout world. Give me DLCs about the time before the war like Operation: Anchorage.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

no way i'm stoked for the tribals to make a return, and im super stoked to have another largish world space to explore. can't. wait.

edit: not to mention the burned man and courier six were the most intriguing things in the game and now we get some answers. that was a smart decision to sprinkle those bits into the main game to set up interesting dlc

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I don't want another DLC where you'll be kidnapped/drugged/captured and forced to run 1,001 errands for the Burning Man to unite the tribes so he can get his revenge against Caesar.

I just want to enter those canyons with my Power armour and flamethrower and create the legend of the Burning Burning Man.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

The trailer makes it seem a lot more interesting to me than the 1st DLC. I much prefer more world space vs. what seemed to be in Dead Money. Going to have to make a new character who actually finishes the game again, just in case I want to go ahead and get this. Was going to wait for all DLC's first, but...eh...I've been bored.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Am I the only one who preferred Joshua Graham as "The Hanged Man" ?

Granted it doesn't change anything about his character but I loved the idea of finding him strung up. :unsure:

it fits better with the cowboy theme of NV, but burning someone alive and dumping them in the Colorado River seems more like what Caesar would do.

Also - I'm very much looking forward to this.. I didn't really like Dead Money as my head blew up way too often.

Fortune favors the bald.

Do you think we'll finally get some consistency about the junk you find lying around. I sugest three region classes:

- Unexplored pre-war

- Public or well-travelled pre-war

- Post war new societal

This way you'd get sensible junk lying around. Instead of finding that some helpful chaps have left ammunition lying untouched in a post box for 200 years.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Do you think we'll finally get some consistency about the junk you find lying around. I sugest three region classes:

- Unexplored pre-war

- Public or well-travelled pre-war

- Post war new societal

This way you'd get sensible junk lying around. Instead of finding that some helpful chaps have left ammunition lying untouched in a post box for 200 years.

i like this. but i havent noticed the junk being as bad in FNV as it was in FO3, it might just be that i got used to it though

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Chris Avellone posted on the Bethsoft forums regarding DLCs stripping your equipment away when you enter:

In Dead Money, we did it for the survival/horror experience. None of the future DLCs strip gear from a player, although in Honest Hearts, because of the caravan journey you're on (and the distance) you can only carry a certain weight limit (which can be increased with skills and perks).

In both Honest Hearts and Old World Blues, you'll find out fast that you're in a difficult situation and need to finish the adventure once begun - but both adventures take place in an open world free-roaming location (similar to Point Lookout). Once there, you can tackle your objectives in any order or ignore them entirely. After completing the adventures, you can return freely to both locations from the Mojave.

In Old World Blues, it's very, very easy to return anytime you want, and we tried to make it as easy as possible for people to do so.

Lonesome Road is a bit different. As the name suggests, it's more a road that leads to an end destination (though not like any road you may have seen before), so it's structured a bit differently - you can travel it, and come back anytime you want. You can also return to it after the adventure is over.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Sounds good to me. The weight limit for Honest Hearts is a pretty fancy idea. Wonder why nobody came up with that yet.

Anyway, I will just need my ranger clothes and a brush gun anyway... Maybe a 14mm pistol (or 12.7mm, how it's named nowdays...) as well, for the BOOM-effect.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Having pretty much explored everything in NV.. I just haven't been able to stir myself enough to get Dead Money.

I kind of think I'll end up waiting until all the dlc's are available and redo it in one mass effort with them all in.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Honest Hearts is dropping tomorrow and this thread is just idling?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Does anyone know what time they usually release this stuff on Xbox live? I stayed up pretty late for dead money last time but I don't think they released until the morning of. So should I stay up all night waiting for this to get released?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I'm buying it tomorrow. Probably not the very instant it's available on Steam, but I'll get it. :bat:

Going to go in lowish to middling clvl and with a fairly weak weapon load-out with a low DT outfit. I don't want to start it as a buffed out terminator.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'll be using a 27th-level character, but my game is modded to raise the XP thresholds for leveling by 40%. So I've explored the majority of the map, recruited all the companions, done almost all the NCR sidequests, and completed Dead Money but I haven't progressed the main plot past the 'dealing with Benny' phase. Haven't met the Boomers, and I've met the Khans and BoS, but haven't done much in their quest-line. Maxed Guns, Speech, Lockpick, Repair, near-max Sneak and Science, and 75 or so in Medicine.

What I bring will depend on what exactly the weight limit is. The first 20 lbs. will probably be a Sniper Rifle, This Machine, and a big pile of .308. The rest is TBD. (Sidenote: given that ammo components have no weight and that hardcore-mode ammo does, if the weight limit is problematic, I'm thinking that we could game the cap a bit by bringing our ammo disassembled and re-packing it at the first ammo bench we find. It always makes me laugh when I see that, of all things, the inventory item described only as "Lead" is weightless.)

It always makes me laugh when I see that, of all things, the inventory item described only as "Lead" is weightless.)

Assuming I read that right...lead isn't actually weightless. If you have thousands etc. it'll weigh you down. The only items that are truly weightless are the ones with -- in the weight column. If it says 0, it still has weight, just too small to be listed as "1."

Edit: not that this ever amounts to much for most people. :bat:

Edited by LadyCrimson