What you did today

Gorth

Well, got a message from the girl - apparently we'd had that comms failure, and she hadn't gotten my message. And is apparently not the kind of girl to go ringing after guys. Meh, now I need to decide whether to try again (and risk getting burned again), or just move on.

For the record, this girl's what I would call a "10", so moving on will essentially mean settling for someone less stunning and not as much of an enchanting conversationalist. Double meh.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Not necessarily. You could always adjust your notion of 'win'. A chaotic melee of flailing emotions could be fun in its way. Provided you aren't exaggerrating about her being stunning.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Not necessarily. You could always adjust your notion of 'win'. A chaotic melee of flailing emotions could be fun in its way. Provided you aren't exaggerrating about her being stunning.

I'm not really having a chaotic melee of flailing emotions, in fact, I'm intentionally keeping this about low-key as I can - I don't need the drama, and I sure as hell don't need her to think I'm clingy. Not sure whatmy notion of "win" has to do here, tbh. Now you're like a Dr. Ruth reply copy/pasted over into a question that doesn't quite fit! :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Love how everyone on this board are dating anonymous supermodels. You go, girls!

If you want to be like that, we only have your word for any of the girls you post being anything other than random people who took photos of!

Or your sister.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Love how everyone on this board are dating anonymous supermodels. You go, girls!

Obviously not true. Know how high maintenance they are ? Bah.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

If you want to be like that, we only have your word for any of the girls you post being anything other than random people who took photos of!

Or your sister.

You are both forgetting about personal bias. Beauty is subjective - within a margin of course as I'm sure most would agree that Susan Boyle for instance ain't that hot.

Fortune favors the bald.

Had a fairly chill saturday. After about 2-3 weeks without playing any computer games I actually sat down and got a couple of hours of borderlands in...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I come from a small town (population 200 000) in a even smaller country in global scopes but what happened tonight is undescribeble by any words believe me. My city celebrated 100 years of existence of our home town football club Hajduk Split (1911 - 2011). The skies were more illuminated then in Bagdad 1991, it was like War of the Worlds, part 2!!! Stuff like this you can only experience in southeastern Europe or in South America.

vatromet_torcida27_371756S0.jpg

vatromet_torcida26_371755S0.jpg

vatromet_torcida28_371754S0.jpg

vatromet_torcida-1_371717S0.jpg

vatromet_torcida4-_371714S0.jpg

vatromet_torcida2-_371728S0.jpg

vatromet_torcida6-_371741S0.jpg

vatromet_torcida9-_371727S0.jpg

vatromet_torcida8-_371740S0.jpg

vatromet_torcida11_371725S0.jpg

You celebrated by burning the city down? >_<

-Elwood Blues

You celebrated by burning the city down? >_<

Hehe no, those were signal flairs shot in the air and torches (don't know exactly what they're called) on the ground, not one fire was started in the town and the surrounding area although the entire fire department was on full alert.

Hildegard, I would've loved to experience something like that.

Would of been an excellent experience for almost anyone! :p

And today I've been to the game against Slavia Prague which was the first game my club played in 1911.

poljud_torcida_haj_371884S1.jpg

hajduk_torcida_kor_371874S1.jpg

koreografija_hajdu_371875S1.jpg

Fried pork chops are good.

For whatever reason, I had never actually had a real fried pork chop before. Grilled, dry-seared, breaded and baked, sure, but never a nicely seasoned shallow-fried chop with a nice crust.

In case any are similarly lacking, here's the technique: 4 3/4-inch-thick pork chops. Trim excess fat and pat dry. Cut a couple of little notches in the meat of each chop, opposite the bone-- this will prevent the chop from "cupping" as one side heats (and contracts) while the other side is out of the oil. Season with spice rub (mix of some garlic powder, cayenne, paprika, dried mustard, salt, pepper). Dredge in flour, shaking off excess. Let sit for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, cut 3 strips of bacon into bits, and fry them in the big pan you intend to use for the pork-- 3 minutes on high should render all the fat out. Remove solid bacon bits (eat them later). After the chops have sat for 10 mins, the salt on the pork should've produced enough moisture to soak through the flour coating. Good. Give the chops a second dredge through the flour. Add 1/2 cup of canola oil to the bacon grease in the pan, with the heat still on. When that gets hot enough (just starting to smoke), add the chops. About 3.5 minutes per side, depending on thickness and starting temperature. Evacuate the chops to a cooling rack to rest for a couple minutes before serving.

The pre-dredge seasoning is key-- a lot of recipes will tell you to add spices to the dredging flour, which is dumb because very little of that flour actually ends up on the meat. "Spices first" ensures that each chop gets a good layer of flavor under the crust.

@Hildegard - those are awesome/fun pictures. At the most towns/cities around here have a parade.... :)

Trying to decide what to have for lunch. I think I'll splurge and have some of that Hawaiian BBQ chicken/rice/kimchee.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

@Hildegard - those are awesome/fun pictures. At the most towns/cities around here have a parade.... :p

Thanks. But these are the Balkans, we are a bit messed up but we now how to party! :*

Here's more pics and videos for anyone who wishes to see: http://www.ultras-tifo.net/news/285-hajduk...elebration.html

And today I've been having a hangover the whole day... :x