What you did today

Gorth

*checks his mail, finds a pay stub from gamestop and opens it*

YAY Class Action Lawsuit settlement!

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Upper back/neck acting up again, so I've been resting a lot past couple days. But tired of lying in bed. So tonight I'm finally cleaning out game video files. Or at least, starting it. Too many to do in one night.

Plus I'm dreaming about the start of baseball season.

If you have anyone with a good hand and knowledge for it, get a massage. neck / upper shoulder pains are really hard to shake off with just resting.

IG. We kick ass and not even take names.

Work, work and more work.

Later I'm off to downtown vancouver where I'm going to drink in the many bars that exist, I may even get drunk.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I'm in one of those situations where I'm remembering a movie, but can't identify the movie. We all have it.

It was some 80s horror film. Something was happening in a house. The only thing I remember is that the male lead's old dead war buddy started chasing him around the house. And eventually he puts grenades into the war buddy zombie. Or just pulled the pins on the grenades the zombie already had.

I'll never remember what it is.

Saturday the 14th maybe?

It wasn't a comedy.

Are you thinking of House?

It has it's funny moments though. Got it on dvd (got it dirt cheap a few years ago in the bargain bin).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Went running tonight. I'm supposed to add sprints into my routine and seeing as I don't have a gym membership as of last week I really have no excuse to not run since I've just been sitting on my ass. I'm really out of shape cardio/endurance wise but all in all not too shabby tonight. I wouldn't even speculate at a mile run time as it would be far too embarrassing to comprehend but I'm really just trying to build a base right now as I haven't done any sort of consistent running in probably over a year.

School is going well, I suppose. Classes for the most part seem relatively easy but it is only the second week so we'll have to see. There's a girl in my history class that I met last semester in astronomy and I'm pretty sure she was really interested then but I was in the midst of trying to see someone else so I mostly ignored her, very very unfortunately. Well here's my second chance and I'm trying to not let it slip out of my grasp so this Thursday I'm going to ask her out. She is very attractive and cool, in this ultra sexy but downplayed faux-stoner Paraguayan amazonian hottie type way. It's really quite fascinating.

Other than that, work is going swimmingly, if swimmingly means getting sexually traumatized at an impressionable age by santa claus dressed up as walt disney impersonating your favorite pokemon on new years eve. But you get apple pie at the end. I've got a complete cluster of an audit on my hands. Thing is wrapped up in a ball of yarn made of lies and incompetence and somehow a cat fits in there somewhere a well. But I did get pie and 2 scoops of ice cream at the end of the day while chatting with my wonderful co-workers. So that was nice.

The end.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I'm in one of those situations where I'm remembering a movie, but can't identify the movie. We all have it.

It was some 80s horror film. Something was happening in a house. The only thing I remember is that the male lead's old dead war buddy started chasing him around the house. And eventually he puts grenades into the war buddy zombie. Or just pulled the pins on the grenades the zombie already had.

I'll never remember what it is.

Saturday the 14th maybe?

It wasn't a comedy.

Are you thinking of House?

It has it's funny moments though. Got it on dvd (got it dirt cheap a few years ago in the bargain bin).

It could be, I guess. I must research this further.

Edit: It must be. A google search of house 1986 brought up the vietnam zombie I remembered.

I love you, Gorth. Marry me.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

That would seriously ruin my single status ;(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I look back at the code and its like I'm trying to read sanskrit.

Simple. Learn sanskrit.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

need to find a new apartment by this weekend

looked at so many places since getting back to town, but haven't really heard back from anyone

running outta time...

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Simple. Learn sanskrit.

Dammit, I thought I had. At least passably.

What's bugging me most is that I seemed to have a fair grasp of understanding one night and then the next it all just ...went shazaam. :ninja:

And I have no freaking clue what happened to throw that switch.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Simple. Learn sanskrit.

Dammit, I thought I had. At least passably.

What's bugging me most is that I seemed to have a fair grasp of understanding one night and then the next it all just ...went shazaam. :ninja:

And I have no freaking clue what happened to throw that switch.

Do you sleep with a plastic bag on your head?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Having this near-uncontrollable urge to troll some feminazis that have for some incomprehensible reason wound up on my facebook friends list (ok, not that incomprehensible, one of them is a classmate, another one is a friend's sister, they are both good-looking and were attractive to me before I realised that the only thing to come out of their mouth is extremist propaganda. I support gender equality, but dislike extremism of all kinds).

One of them is quoting, in disgust, an old guy who compared buying sex to going to the toilet. I'm sitting on my hands to not go with "naah, it's more like eating out. Sometimes you do it because you don't have anything to eat at home and can't be bothered to go find anything to cook there, sometimes you are just too tired of all the stuff you have at home and just go for a quick snack somewhere, and occasionally, you just want to splurge for something that only a true professional can craft." :ninja:

The second one's saying that employers should pay for the costs of parenthood. This is the best idea for promoting employment in the 50+ segment I have ever heard. :p

It's funny, I'm having some kind of political turmoil myself. I've probably said this before, but I actually used to represent the Green party on a minor level. But after working as a prosecutor, the whole coddling of criminals (well, except those criminals whose crimes are directed exclusively at women in some way - they should be castrated, unlike the other criminals who just didn't get enough love or free money from the government) and absurdly cumbersome social security program suggestions. Sigh.

And, for the record, I do think that pimps and rapists deserve the harshest punishment available. I just think that strong-arm robbers and crackheads (or speedfreaks, as they tend to be in these parts) are quite as deserving of their punishment as well.

I should probably cover my view on prison conditions next (again, having seen the dread pretty much even the most hardened criminals have towards spending time in a small room with a tv and a playstation, I can't really call for those "too small to lie down in, too low to stand up" things, but we went over that a while back): :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I was given the day off because the college overbooked the kitchen my class were going be using today. So I had a lay in, caught Salt on pay-per-view and am thinking about catching up on some novels I bought last year but haven't gotten around to reading yet.

Edited by Serrano

Having this near-uncontrollable urge to troll some feminazis that have for some incomprehensible reason wound up on my facebook friends list (ok, not that incomprehensible, one of them is a classmate, another one is a friend's sister, they are both good-looking and were attractive to me before I realised that the only thing to come out of their mouth is extremist propaganda. I support gender equality, but dislike extremism of all kinds).

Don't stick your **** in crazy, no good will come of that. :ninja:

as was explained to me by a friend a while ago, it's all about the hot/crazy scale

if the hotness is such that it offsets your reservations about the crazy, then "tap and gap"

if the crazy is a quirky nice kind of crazy, then go nuts

if it's the bad kind of crazy and the hotness doesn't quite offset it, then run. run like the wind

apparently this is a good guide for pickin' yo lady

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Sorry I'm with Syraxis here, it's really hard to shake off crazy.

BTW if you are going to don't give a real address, or introduce her to you friends, or give her your phone number, and for god sake's don't let her know your last name.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Got zinged by my mother, pretty funny though. Friend was joking with her about her children being old and why doesn't she have grandkids yet, my mom responds with "You obviously don't know my son." Ah, good times.

As for crazy women, just don't interact with them at all. A friend was with a nut coworker once, while it does make for fun stories in the end wasn't really worth it as far as his happiness level was concerned.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Unfortunately what I described above pretty much qualifies for "normal" in these parts, not crazy. My ex was the only (Finnish) woman I've met in the past 5-6 years who's life included something else than the terrible suffering of people in third world countries/not having outgrown the whole college style drinking. :ninja:

as was explained to me by a friend a while ago, it's all about the hot/crazy scale

if the hotness is such that it offsets your reservations about the crazy, then "tap and gap"

The hotter one certainly qualifies for this, but since her fixation discounts her as a potential long-term partner, and she is the younger sister of a very good friend, I still have to skip. Which is, in itself, pretty ****ing aggravating. :p

Also should have pointed out that in the case of the former classmate, the decision was made years ago. I just have a hard time turning down a pretty face (and the horseback riding toned buttocks). :p

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I'm doing a little online course on mLearning - very enjoyable so far. I wish we'd had iPhones when I was at school - I would have loved it - but it needs to feel properly integrated into the learning experience, not just a gimmick.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I really need to re-think the way I'm approaching this. It kind of feels I'm in a continual spiral of exam cramming.

The way I'm learning stuff, knowing how to do it for a night or two..then its not getting reinforced and it's all floating away to understanding the general gist but all specifics have disapeared within a few days...

Hm which also seems weird in that I can go from feeling confident and successful because I know and can use those programming skills...and then when my mind goes fizzle it rebounds to feeling quite depressing and frustrated.

... Oh the humanity.

A fresh cup of tea in a moment I think before the evening grinds down too hard.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

So far I've only been able to get things to half-work, and the GECK scripting, dialogue, and AI-Packages are still a complete mystery to me. *figuratively tosses the GECK across the room*

The current level of mental stress in my life probably doesn't help. *grumbles*

If you have anyone with a good hand and knowledge for it, get a massage. neck / upper shoulder pains are really hard to shake off with just resting.

It's a somewhat recurring high thoracic spine issue from an injury years ago...although it does create muscle tension as a by-product. Heating pad/stretching helps some. If it gets bad enough I see a doctor/chiropractor, but not there yet. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It's a somewhat recurring high thoracic spine issue from an injury years ago...although it does create muscle tension as a by-product. Heating pad/stretching helps some. If it gets bad enough I see a doctor/chiropractor, but not there yet. :)

I'm not a doctor nor have I played one on TV but I would think you should have it checked out before it gets that bad

Free games updated 3/4/21

So far I've only been able to get things to half-work, and the GECK scripting, dialogue, and AI-Packages are still a complete mystery to me. *figuratively tosses the GECK across the room*

The current level of mental stress in my life probably doesn't help. *grumbles*

Hi,*wave* LadyCrimson nice to see someone else over here,

The AI packages tend to work properly when you turn your esp into a esm, I hope that helps you out LC :)

I feel your pain I have spinal stenosis, advanced degenerative arthritis, multiple herniated disc's with fluid loss, and nerve compressions I know what your going through it sucks :yucky: I do take a lot of opiates but still have pain every day.....I wish I lived in California for the medical marijuana.

bigcrazewolf

Edited by bigcrazewolf