What you did today

Gorth

Whatever happened to girls being icky and vice versa? When I was that age the only disturbing intent the girls head as whacking me in the shins with sticks. I still have a dent in my shin bone to remember it by.

Stuff like that just makes me wonder if I grew up in another universe.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I watched Poland get massacred by the Danes and referees in handball. :lol:

You saying that the Danes and Referees decided to partition Poland between them? :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

back from the Big Day Out

Crystal Castles played a pretty short set, Tool were pretty wicked, Deftones were mediocre, and Rammstein rocked the place and had crazy awesome pyrotechnics

noice ^_^

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Watching football and making spaghetti and drinking beer. Thats what I'm doing today!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Today, my grandpa helped get the radio in my truck fixed. We also disconnected it from the headlights, something the previous owner so kindly had done for us. My great-grandmother's attacker was sentenced to 20 years in prison, when they were only hoping for 14. And my grandma's birthday was today, so I guess it was a fairly good day.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

Upper back/neck acting up again, so I've been resting a lot past couple days. But tired of lying in bed. So tonight I'm finally cleaning out game video files. Or at least, starting it. Too many to do in one night.

Plus I'm dreaming about the start of baseball season.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Getting my just deserts as - after weeks of cajoling - my housemate catches the CRPG bug. Have had string of very early nights as the wee bastard plays Fallout 3 into the small hours.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Had lunch with the ex. She's brooding again, I have a nagging feeling that she's actually breeding and figuring out how to tell me. Or something along those lines, I'm starting to recognise a pattern.

Got a hug, wanted more. :lol:

In fact, these things have not been working of late. Decided not to pursue my friend's younger sister (who was really ripe for me to pick), just because I got tired of her pinko/feminist BS even before I had tapped that. And can't really pump n' dump, as I kind of appreciate her brother and also need to keep working with him in the future. Too bad, coz she was HAWT with the kind of butt you only can get from horseback riding. (That's one bonus civilization never got right).

So, I'm back to my regular thesis writing and thinking what I should do with the couple of girls I've had in "storage" for a while. I've really ballooned in my depression here, so I have to decide whether I should really hit the gym for a couple of months before I make any moves or start looking for some rebound action. Or consolation, or self-obfuscation to be more truthful. :p

And yeah, just in case I come across as a total misogynist, I'm not really. Just taking the opportunity to be blunt, since I can't talk about the situation with too many people, and generally have to be somewhat more sensitive when I do. :p

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Plus I'm dreaming about the start of baseball season.

I bet you are, the Sox are LOADED this season. Barring injury or complete pitching breakdown I'm guessing you are going to have a happy October this year.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Was pondering similar, but not very similar issues myself, Nepenthe. Awkward damn position where two exes write to me daily wanting me back, and I write to one other ex wondering if I should get back with her, and if she'd have me etc etc, while generally feeling like the whole business is simply me being lazy and I should do internet dating or something.

Have decided in reality the entire mess wouldn't bother me for an instant if other areas of life were sound, so have thrown myself into my work, fixing the house, catching up with friends, buying presents for my niece, talking to my cousins and uncles and so on.

-Elwood Blues

I think I got myself a house to rent. It is a bit more than we wanted to spend, but it is a great size and and very good shape. We had three properties we were keen on, but the other two had a couple drawbacks (the biggest was no high speed internet!) and so I turned them down.

It's a three bedroom house with a detached garage. There is plenty of room for our RV, even an easy place to plug it in. Lots of storage, and the landlord runs a wiring company, so there is one large room with a pretty cool surround sound system. I'm pretty excited to move in, it sounds like it will be ready by the end of February. The neighbors also have children who go to the same dance studio as my daughter, so that will be awesome. They are the ones that tipped us off about the house.

I don't think I even told you guys why I am moving. About a year and a half ago we moved in with my mother-in-law to help her with the bills, her trucking company was struggling. Her foreclosure finally went through on last Wednesday, and it sold at auction immediately. She might end up renting it back from the guy who bought it, but my wife and I are ready to move on, we did what we could to help her.

I have to decide what to do with my condo too. We are renting it out, but we take a loss every month on it because it doesn't cover the mortgage. Once we get into this house it will be very hard to keep up with the mortgage payments. I am looking at doing either a modification or a short sale, since we owe considerably more than the property is worth.

So a good amount of stress and anxiety mixed in with the excitement :thumbsup:

Just wondering if there's any way you can leverage terms on your sale there, Hurlshot.

...You need speed. Is there any way you can tap into a market which needs even greater speed than you do? Corporate? Oil?

-Elwood Blues

Just wondering if there's any way you can leverage terms on your sale there, Hurlshot.

...You need speed. Is there any way you can tap into a market which needs even greater speed than you do? Corporate? Oil?

I'm not sure what you mean, I don't think an oil company wants to drill in my condo. >_<

A short sale is my best option for moving the property. Our loan is with Wells Fargo, and they've been allowing a lot of short sales as they are much better than foreclosures.

But if I can just modify the loan to close the gap between what I make in rent and what I pay in mortgage, HOA fees, and property taxes, I'd be happy. I have a great tenant living there now, the property is in good shape, and if the market ever recovers it would be nice to have it as an investment property.

-snip-

You did tell us (and we commiserated), congrats on finding a good place + suitable neighbours and here's to a good HT system. Your gaming experience will never be the same. :)

Oh, and I hope your bank has the sense to agree to alterations to the loan. With mass foreclosures going on, it's a lot better to hold on to the customers that can pay SOMETHING, as opposed to just taking massive hits on all properties. Our banks made this mistake in the early 90s, and the results were pretty terrible (they required a massive govt bailout after taking massive losses from selling people's houses from under them at 25 % of buying price.)

Edited by Nepenthe

I'm not sure what you mean, I don't think an oil company wants to drill in my condo. :)

A short sale is my best option for moving the property. Our loan is with Wells Fargo, and they've been allowing a lot of short sales as they are much better than foreclosures.

But if I can just modify the loan to close the gap between what I make in rent and what I pay in mortgage, HOA fees, and property taxes, I'd be happy. I have a great tenant living there now, the property is in good shape, and if the market ever recovers it would be nice to have it as an investment property.

I for one am interested in how it goes. Keep us posted. :)

-Elwood Blues

Was pondering similar, but not very similar issues myself, Nepenthe. Awkward damn position where two exes write to me daily wanting me back, and I write to one other ex wondering if I should get back with her, and if she'd have me etc etc, while generally feeling like the whole business is simply me being lazy and I should do internet dating or something.

Have decided in reality the entire mess wouldn't bother me for an instant if other areas of life were sound, so have thrown myself into my work, fixing the house, catching up with friends, buying presents for my niece, talking to my cousins and uncles and so on.

Yeah, I call the rest of your life and rise with Maslow's hierarchy of needs. :)

Also, well, my issue is somewhat dissimilar in that there is very little wondering going on, there's a pretty good understanding between me and the ex - just doesn't change the fact that she preferred to marry the other guy (who I've never met or don't know anything about. As I don't ask, either).

Also not approaching other exes. Those have been seen, and we have nothing further to offer each other. The ones I'm now eyeing are the ones that I know from some occasions, but never wound up together with due to commitments on either side. With 30 approaching, there's a lot of those who have recently dropped out of serious LTRs and are, in some cases, single for the first extended period in their lives.

So, you're saying that if I fix the rest of my life that will only make the 'problem' worse? While I'm asserting that it's a kidn of displacement activity? Interesting....

BTW, Nep, you mentioned that you don't know anything about the guy. Don't you think that you should? I mean here you are, taking liberties with the love of HIS life, and you know nothing about him? Seems a little unfair, mate. Largely because I'd bet that if you knew more about him you'd quite tinkering and move on.

-Elwood Blues

So, you're saying that if I fix the rest of my life that will only make the 'problem' worse? While I'm asserting that it's a kidn of displacement activity? Interesting....

No, I'm saying it won't work. :)

BTW, Nep, you mentioned that you don't know anything about the guy. Don't you think that you should? I mean here you are, taking liberties with the love of HIS life, and you know nothing about him? Seems a little unfair, mate. Largely because I'd bet that if you knew more about him you'd quite tinkering and move on.

Well, considering that he was obviously very OK with doing things behind my back, I kind of think I know all I need to know about him. :)

And, to be honest, since he apparently know everything about me and what goes on between me and his wife - and come on, in addition to being "the one that got away", we were really good friends and at least a part of that still remains - having lunch, exchanging christmas presents and an occasional ~friendly hug isn't what I'd exactly call taking liberties with her. Lord knows there's a lot less savory things that go on around here :D

I think it's been a conscious decision not to tell me about the guy. I'm not gonna ask. Well, not for now, anyway. :p

And just to throw it out there, if she is willing to mess around on him, shes probably capable of messing around on you. Perhaps you dodged a bullet?

I don't think that "messing around" is going on in this case. See above. She was definitely capable of messing around on me. Probably dodged a bullet, but to be able to know that for sure, I'd have to know a bit more. So kind of circular. I did dodge that demon of a dog, for sure, talk about shapechanged cat...

As long as we work together, I can't really see a safe way for changing the status quo any further. I still got a couple of months left, and I'd be surprised if I don't completely disappear off her map afterwards, even if I wanted things different.

But yeah. No matter what happens, she once made the choice between me and some other guy, and picked the other guy. That alone should be a sufficient reason to not look back, never mind the underhand way in which she/they did it. Yet, as much as I can ignore all the other exes, this one was, and still is, different. :)

But, on the topic of today, final stages of dissertation crunch. Feeling the kind of handbag-pissy only a wall of stress can create. So probably should just exit all online forums until it's done. Kind of needing some human contact, since I'm avoiding all my friends for the same reason. :p

Edited by Nepenthe

I'm in one of those situations where I'm remembering a movie, but can't identify the movie. We all have it.

It was some 80s horror film. Something was happening in a house. The only thing I remember is that the male lead's old dead war buddy started chasing him around the house. And eventually he puts grenades into the war buddy zombie. Or just pulled the pins on the grenades the zombie already had.

I'll never remember what it is.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I ate three donuts for breakfast. ;(

They were just sitting there, in that big pink box, looking all sad because no one wanted them...

Now I'm wondering what to have for lunch. Good thing there aren't any more donuts.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm in one of those situations where I'm remembering a movie, but can't identify the movie. We all have it.

It was some 80s horror film. Something was happening in a house. The only thing I remember is that the male lead's old dead war buddy started chasing him around the house. And eventually he puts grenades into the war buddy zombie. Or just pulled the pins on the grenades the zombie already had.

Saturday the 14th maybe?

Been trying to work on some programming with a guy who's been helping me brush up on it. Unfortunately it's just making me feel really, really crappy.

It's that whole we work through stuff, I understand it. I'm all "yes, I can see how that works, I can apply it in this other way."

Then a couple of hours later I have absolutely no freaking clue. I look back at the code and its like I'm trying to read sanskrit.

I think I'm having a problem seeing it in parts. I'm getting lost in the whole thing and my mind's just not wanting to figure out any specific bits. So my mind blanks and chokes instead.

That kind of makes it hard to ask for any specific help when your mind decides to go "blurugh"

Which is both frustrating the hell out of me and depressing me.

Maybe I'll have a cup of tea and try hitting the books again, see if something gives a mental jolt and knocks things free again.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Saturday the 14th maybe?

It wasn't a comedy.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."