Eastern European RPGs - which is the least horrible?

Lately Ive been quite bored and in the mood to subject myself to a game so I have something to complain about. Ive been looking at this years Gerry RPG's and think I should try to play one of them, but I cant decide which one. If I was a brave man, Id play the one that looked the most awful, but im not. So Im looking for advice from you sick bastards who actually honestly enjoy these games. Which of the current crop is the most playable for a normal human being who enjoys fun gameplay and an interesting story?

I actually liked The Witcher, if that's anything to go by. It had that weird warzaw-pact oddness about it that was very refreshing.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Divinity is far from eastern Europe, Larian Studio is in Belgium.

Nonetheless, I think it's Divinity 2 that's the best of the three mentioned games and for its price, giving the most content.

Otherwise, Drakensang : The River of Time is also a good candidate. Although, it's less an action RPG, more a party based one.

Edited by Orchomene

Drakensang: River of Time was best classical RPG of 2010, Divinity 2 best action RPG.

I enjoyed Two Worlds 2 as well, but it has a pretty lightweight story that totally descends into madness near the end.

EDIT: Venetica is a pretty interesting game as well.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I tried one Drakensang game and it was competely pointless. It didnt have a story or anything as far as I could tell, you just ****ed about with your party of idiots and killed stuff. I did play Risen, though. It was sort of atmospheric.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

ahaha, somehow I have the same feelings as Gorgon :thumbsup:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

A German RPG or "GRPG" is a genre, it can be made anywhere in the world. Although virtually all of them originate from the germanic regions.

What used to be the GDR is in eastern europe. Belgium obviously isnt, but those boys have clearly made a GRPG

What used to be the GDR is in eastern europe. Belgium obviously isnt, but those boys have clearly made a GRPG

No, no. It really isn't. It just isn't. That part belongs now to germany. Which does not belong to eastern europe.

The UN too doesn't count it as eastern europe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Europe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Europe_s...UN_geoschme.svg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Europe

Thank you.

it was a part of the soviet block, so it can be considered "eastern" by some standarts :lol:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

only Russia was b\never european :lol: Peter tried modernizing the country in late 17th, but to no avail. Russia is an asian country through and through. with 1 truly european town. guess which

Walsingham said:

Eastern and Western Europe haven't exactly been clearly defined throughout history. The Rhine and the Danube was really the most logical border between east and west, and it is only recently that it became a political division with the Iron Curtain.

edit: Sorophx, 78% of the population of Russia lives in the designated European area. It is referred to as Eurasia, if we want to be technical.

Edited by Hurlshot

that's because 10% of Russia's population is concentrated in one city

Walsingham said:

yep. they are a lot like the chinese

Walsingham said: