Undercover policeman switches sides

Walsingham

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12148753

Not exactly Donnie Brasco.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Those Green activists aren't exactly what I'd call organized crime. I am surprised the police would waste an undercover officer on them, you would think standard surveillance would be enough.

Don't get me wrong, I think these environmentalists are usually crazy, but their intentions aren't exactly sinister.

Honestly, it seems like he was sent in there in the same way that young cops were sent into student orgs bacin the 70's in America where they were sent in and basically perpetrated the acts to create the threat the government wanted.

Admittedly I'm probably speaking out of my rear

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Those Green activists aren't exactly what I'd call organized crime. I am surprised the police would waste an undercover officer on them, you would think standard surveillance would be enough.

Don't get me wrong, I think these environmentalists are usually crazy, but their intentions aren't exactly sinister.

I think it's more a question of methods than intentions. :lol:

Anyone who has seen 28 days later or that Fringe episode should know that sometimes these guys can do some major, unintentional damage on their crusade, even when they are more or less rational. Still, gives the impression the Met isn't hurting for resources if they can dedicate an officer to undercover work in a case like that. >_<

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Why is the Met spending resources infiltrating a bunch of enviro-hippies?! What kind of horrific deeds do they think theyll commit? Liberating cows?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Me, I'd call shutting down a power station quite serious. Not exactly 9/11 :) but serious enough in monetary terms.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Werent they just going to stand outside it with banners and shouting poorly rhyming chants and whatnot?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Why is the Met spending resources infiltrating a bunch of enviro-hippies?! What kind of horrific deeds do they think theyll commit? Liberating cows?

Obviously you have never read Rainbow Six, otherwise you would know that their end game is the destruction of the human race, with the exception of other enviro hippies.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I see a movie... Leonardo as the young idealistic straight out of the academy cop who is sent to infiltrate the Green Movement and is forced to re evaluate his life, Karl Urban as the militant, trying to push the group further than it's willing to go, Monica Bellucci as the De facto leader and inspiration of the group who was wrongly imprisoned and considered a martyr for her role in a demo where two members were killed a decade ago.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Obviously you have never read Rainbow Six, otherwise you would know that their end game is the destruction of the human race, with the exception of other enviro hippies.

Unfortunantly, I have read that rubbish book. It was on a ferry and I was bored to tears.

yeah it's not very good.

It's Clancy, what did you expect ? :) Although to be fair RSR and HRO are decent.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Clancy's early stuff is OK, but he's kind of gone Drizzt-tastic lately.

I confess I'm not really clear on what the plan for this plot was exactly. Nor what the Met were looking for from the infiltration. He doesn't seem to have done much. Maybe it was a training exercise?

I don't think it's entirely mental to suspect the Green movement. Their biggest bugbears are transport and energy, and they think the human race is doomed to near extinction unless there is a revolution in the former. If I agreed with their basic logic I'd be a bloody danger to a power station.

-Elwood Blues

But unlike Salvatore, he seems to have given up, if not in time, then at least in general. :)

(Edit: Oh great, he just came out with a new book after ~5 years, didn't he? ****)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

But unlike Salvatore, he seems to have given up, if not in time, then at least in general. :)

(Edit: Oh great, he just came out with a new book after ~5 years, didn't he? ****)

and punched the giant red "RESET!" button while he was at it IIRC. So all his characters are played by different actors!

Any movement like this can be dangerous, but they don't strike me as so dangerous they need infiltration.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Any movement like this can be dangerous, but they don't strike me as so dangerous they need infiltration.

Of course everyone was incredibly complacent about Jifascist terror until it exploded - no pun intended.

-Elwood Blues

He doesn't seem to have done much.

According to the story the problem seems to be that he did too much.

Agreed, at least according to the story put out by the Greenies...

Whatever it seems fairly certain that the guy is a prick. He either ratted out his mates or his colleagues.

-Elwood Blues