Raithe

Whippoorwill's comment got me thinking.

Maybe as nerds we actually militate against TV which we'll like on two grounds:

1. We're very critical

2. A lot of nerds pirate - probably more than normals

3. No one listens to us about things we like

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

There was stuff like Firefly and Journeyman that I enjoyed, but wasn't too fussed to see them go, like GreasyDogMeat said, "saved from future mediocrity". The cancellation of Carniv

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Oh yeah, Goodkind has like one good book that he wrote. Everything else started to decend into extreme... "mary sue" territory and there was no question of who was ever right. The Tvtropes page for that stuff is hilarious.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Of course, thinking about some of these old shows that I really enjoyed right up until they got cancelled caused me to poke around..

Now I've picked up both the Threshold and Odyssey 5 dvd sets at fairly inexpensive prices. Just have to figure out the right time/mood to watch a few episodes in. Both of which have several episodes included in the dvd sets that were never shown on network tv because of cancellation.

Although John Doe has yet to make an appearance in dvd country..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

On the not-so-sci-fi scale..

Kings - now this was a rather impressive one, a reworking of the story of David into a fictional modern setting. Had some beutiful dialogue.

I miss you, Kings. Ian Mcshane, Eamonn Walker, and a complex, realistic storyline. Great show, unfortunately too expensive and cerebral for mainstream. Plus the advertisements basically avoided the biblical connection that would have drawn in viewers.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Kings - now this was a rather impressive one, a reworking of the story of David into a fictional modern setting. Had some beutiful dialogue.

I miss you, Kings. Ian Mcshane, Eamonn Walker, and a complex, realistic storyline. Great show, unfortunately too expensive and cerebral for mainstream. Plus the advertisements basically avoided the biblical connection that would have drawn in viewers.

I never saw the advertisments.. I'm kind of amazed at that though... how can you advertise the story of David..and miss all biblical allusion??

Although, I guess if you look at it... how much of the old testament is basically sex, death, politics, murder, warfare and things that were the soap opera stories of the BC world?

I remember that, 3 episodes then it was done. Shame though, seemed interesting.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I remember that, 3 episodes then it was done. Shame though, seemed interesting.

Well, actually was about 13. They did the full first season... but it ended on one of the key cliffhangers of the story. Built up nicely, and Brian Cox as the imprisoned "evil" king Vesper Abaddon was very well done.