Hola from SED

Hi Everyone!

I wanted to pop in and give a big thank you to all the supporters of DSIII with Obsidian! It's an exciting project and I sincerely hope you are going to enjoy it upon release.

I'll do what I can to respond timely to any post that may be directed toward me but please bear with me as my response time is at a snails pace these days.

Best,

SED

Square Enix Dave

Hum, I want to test that :shifty: .

Okay, in a recent magazine preview of the game, they talk about passive talents that are developped alongside the activated abilities, with a different 'currency' used to develop them. The preview however was a bit unclear on whether we will gain all those talents eventually, or if we will have to chose wisely the ones that we want to develop in order to compliment our playstyle. What's the good answer?

Edited by Sannom

Okay, in a recent magazine preview of the game, they talk about passive talents that are developped alongside the activated abilities, with a different 'currency' used to develop them. The preview however was a bit unclear on whether we will gain all those talents eventually, or if we will have to chose wisely the ones that we want to develop in order to compliment our playstyle. What's the good answer?

I'm not sure there is a 'good' answer. A good answer would be in the eye of the beholder. As for 'the' answer, I would suggest you choose wisely as the talents / abilities alter game play. - SED

I'm not sure there is a 'good' answer. A good answer would be in the eye of the beholder. As for 'the' answer, I would suggest you choose wisely as the talents / abilities alter game play. - SED

Well, that's good to hear. =) I hear that in this multiplayer system, your friend can just pick up the controller and join in. Would you happen to know if he/she is forced to control the sidekick, or can he/she play as their own character that they created previously?

Hey there Dave, good to see you popping in here!

Any idea when we can expect more previews/footage/trailer up on the Internet for our viewing pleasure?

Also, are there different difficulty levels, and if so, how many?

Thanks. :p

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Welcome Dave.

I wanted to ask about the fact that different classes start in different starting locations. Does this work like Seiken Densetsu 3?

Also, could you tell us a little bit on how multiplayer works? Is it similar to Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II? I know about the drop in/drop out, but how is character progression saved, etc.

Hi Dave!

My question: How big are the areas?

I know the game is a hack n' slash/ARPG, but are the areas limited to tight corridors or are there more open areas (open plains and such)?

Edited by Syraxis

Hi Dave!

My question: How big are the areas?

I know the game is a hack n' slash/ARPG, but are the areas limited to tight corridors or are there more open areas (open plains and such)?

I want to know exactly this too, how linear is the game or how open, that is very important to me, well not much but I prefer a more open game than a linear one.

• 2 weeks later...

Another question : more recent previews talk about perks/talents that improves the general performance of our character. Are those perks common to all the classes/characters, or does each character have his own set of perks that he can gain?

• 3 months later...

Thread necromancy, I call upon you!

Good, so about this :

http://twitter.com/#!/squareenixdave/s...688470070341632

First, let me say I'm grateful that we're getting a demo of the game :p . Now, can you tell us when it will be released and what part of the game it will cover?

Also, on a personal level, are you saddened that the majors in the industry are seen as so greedy that people ask if a demo is part of a pre-ordering deal?

Hi Everyone!

I wanted to pop in and give a big thank you to all the supporters of DSIII with Obsidian! It's an exciting project and I sincerely hope you are going to enjoy it upon release.

I'll do what I can to respond timely to any post that may be directed toward me but please bear with me as my response time is at a snails pace these days.

Best,

SED

Square Enix Dave

Hey Dave, are there any plans for DLC for DSIII ?

Playstation ID: GaMeCuBeFLOP

Been awhile since I logged in! To answer some of these questions -

hopfrog16 - pick one of the characters

starwars - 3

sannom - up to marketing but I heard it is soon!

Hope everyone is doing well! Thanks for the continued interest and support on DSIII!

SED

Thanks for the answers, Dave! Now that the demo has been announced, I have other questions :

- do you know which characters we will be able to try in the demo? All of them, or just a selection?

- what areas of the game does the demo cover?

- do you have a favorite character, both among the playable ones and the NPCs?