STEAM!

Rosbjerg

Hey guys, check this out (especially you Tigranes): http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/rea...am-Improvements

Steam is about to have its downloading mechanics massively overhauled to produce huge speed increases. Namely, updates will be smaller, Steam will have more servers to reduce demand per server, and they've changed the protocol downloads travel through to http, providing optimisation and caching benefits. Also, your games will now update themselves while you're playing them, and applying the new version next time you play.

Pretty damn cool.

Hey guys, check this out (especially you Tigranes): http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/rea...am-Improvements

Steam is about to have its downloading mechanics massively overhauled to produce huge speed increases. Namely, updates will be smaller, Steam will have more servers to reduce demand per server, and they've changed the protocol downloads travel through to http, providing optimisation and caching benefits. Also, your games will now update themselves while you're playing them, and applying the new version next time you play.

Pretty damn cool.

Sounds great! It took me forever to download games during the summer sale.

My IP gets completely blocked out of escapist magazine since a few years ago, I have no clue why. I never went there anyway, except for Yahtzee. Sounds like it'll be a bit more tolerable then, though I hope they bloody fix the "Do not update" option not sticking.

In any case, I'm moving to the states next month, so... how apropos :lol:

Are the screenshots edited? I can't remember that it ever looked like this for me. (The grainy stuff, etc)

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

You might want to hold back on getting it though, I did and I can't launch. The engine thinks I don't have enough video ram. You would think STEAM would have handled issues like that before offering it. The game is either dx8 or 9 and it doesn't play well with modern cards.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

You might want to hold back on getting it though, I did and I can't launch. The engine thinks I don't have enough video ram. You would think STEAM would have handled issues like that before offering it. The game is either dx8 or 9 and it doesn't play well with modern cards.

I had the same problem. Unofficial patches fixed my problem.

I hope this helps.

Guest Slinky

Just for future reference steam forums can be helpful with situations like this, that memory issue is stickied in VTMB subforum.

And yeah, the unofficial patch fixes that and many many other bugs.

Are the screenshots edited? I can't remember that it ever looked like this for me. (The grainy stuff, etc)

The screenshots are pre-release stuff. That female "cop" in the screenshots? Not in the game. Unless that's a PC costume I never saw.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy has just been released on Steam.. I'm actually a little intrigued by this indie game. Has anyone heard about or played this game?

Heard about it not too long ago. I think it puts me in the same camp as you. The one trailer I saw wasn't impressive. But I'm keeping my ears open.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Weapon handling, etc. looks pretty good to me. But rest seems to be like what was there already a million times.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."