STEAM!

Rosbjerg

Hm, still can't buy anything. At least I still get the discount, apparently, although the sale's done.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The way that I'm doing the sale is that anything that's not a daily deal, I'm not touching until the 10th.

As to Killing Floor? It's basically mixing counterstrike with L4D. A single map that is fairly static, and you fight off waves of zombies. There's a class system that levels you up based on your particular achievments (like getting X number of headshots with Y guns levels up your marksmanship, giving you bonuses with those guns and discounts on them).

It's fun in short bursts, six player max.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I really wish that Killing Floor would get a campaign mode, like L4D has. Something where you have to do objectives while fighting off the hordes, etc. Played a lot Killing Floor, but after some time I've got fed up from all the same monster killin' wave by wave.

It's something where you can have some mindless fun (best in coop with friends), though.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Can anyone comment on The Killing Floor? Is it like Left 4 Dead... better or worse?

I feel like an idiot. I got the two Left 4 Dead games a few days ago for $26 and now its on sale for $7.50. :p I wish they'd ****ing tell what the upcoming sales are.

That's why you wait until the last day before you buy anything not on daily sale...

The way that I'm doing the sale is that anything that's not a daily deal, I'm not touching until the 10th.

As to Killing Floor? It's basically mixing counterstrike with L4D. A single map that is fairly static, and you fight off waves of zombies. There's a class system that levels you up based on your particular achievments (like getting X number of headshots with Y guns levels up your marksmanship, giving you bonuses with those guns and discounts on them).

It's fun in short bursts, six player max.

I didn't realize the first day I found out about the sale, so I purchased a few titles that weren't on the daily deal. I realized the next day and hoped one of the daily deals wouldn't make me feel like a twit... like today. :p

Oh well. Left 4 Dead series is a great deal at $26... just wish I could have made it a steal at $7.50.

Killing Floor sounds kind of meh. I'll stick to L4D.

Is it wrong I sort of feel bad for Sir Roderick?

Yes, because this is the second time you've mentioned him and I still have no clue who he is in relation to Steam.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I feel like an idiot. I got the two Left 4 Dead games a few days ago for $26 and now its on sale for $7.50. :p I wish they'd ****ing tell what the upcoming sales are.

There is only one rule for the Steam sales. Wait for the dailies, otherwise buy on the last day.

I'm amazed people pay money fo Killing Floor. Played that on a free weekend, got boring super quick.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm amazed people pay money fo Killing Floor. Played that on a free weekend, got boring super quick.

Yeah I never really found a liking to it either.. it's ok with 3 friends and mics, but it just seems so pointless.

Fortune favors the bald.

I bought Two Worlds 2 on release and I don't doubt it is better. But I played the demo of Arcania and it seemed pretty mediocre, but nothing too terrible. Anyone around here played the full game?

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Finished the first act of Secret of Monkey Island.. I can see the amusement of it..but it's not pulling me in like Fate of Atlantis did.. I'll keep going tomorrow maybe and see how it goes.

Picked up AI War Fleet Command bundle in the sale.. have to figure out a time to have a poke at that.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Oh look, Arcania has a 75% discount.

Buy, buy, buy.

No... Don't waste your money on that. :lol:

Especially when Two Worlds 2 was 70% off just a couple days agao.

I hate you. :(

I was getting ready to settle in to Drakensang and now you guys are encouraging me to settle into Two Worlds 2. You may not be doing it intentionally, but it's happening!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

So, Arkham Asylum for $7.50 today.

I've heard some praise for its "sneak about and come up with clever ways to surmount obstacles" elements. What's the ratio of that to twitch-based gameplay? Other worthwhile features that bear mentioning? Or should I just buy it already?

Oh look, Arcania has a 75% discount.

Buy, buy, buy.

No... Don't waste your money on that. ;)

Especially when Two Worlds 2 was 70% off just a couple days agao.

I hate you. :(

I was getting ready to settle in to Drakensang and now you guys are encouraging me to settle into Two Worlds 2. You may not be doing it intentionally, but it's happening!

If it makes you feel any better, I am totally lost on what to do after the starter island in Two Worlds 2. I keep running into stuff way above me in level.

Is it wrong I sort of feel bad for Sir Roderick?

Yes, because this is the second time you've mentioned him and I still have no clue who he is in relation to Steam.

The little squirt with the hacky sacks.

c7d569b10896b97ccc032b9707b627820d0865ec.jpg

If you join the summer camp group they have a little letter home for each day of the sale.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.