Obsidian + Smith & Tinker

Morgoth

Today I played this 2007 game called Shadowrun, a multiplayer FPS. An abolutely horrible game.

Jordan Weisman however owns the IP now, and they already have a Mechwarrior game in the works, so is there a chance Obsidian might work together with Smith & Tinker on a Shadowrun RPG in the future?

It certainly would make me and two, three other guys happy. :)

there's only one true Shadowrun video game, it was released in 1993. I still have the cartridge for my MegaDrive. and I still haven't beaten it. a sequel made by Obsidian is the game of my dreams

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I just don't "get" Microsoft. They cancel promising products while wasting money on releasing turds.

Shadowrun from FASA Interactive started as a singleplayer game, but some bigwit decided that scrapping it and releasing the MP mode with 5 maps would be the better choice.

Also shutting down Ensemble must have been the dumbest move ever.

But hey, this is Microsoft we're talking about.

Edited by Morgoth

I'd prefer my cyberpunk RPG without elves n' ****.

That's what Deus Ex gives you.. :thumbsup:

But Shadowrun can have some very funky atmospheres and moods.. and really highlighted the phrase "Never deal with a Dragon."

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Today I played this 2007 game called Shadowrun, a multiplayer FPS. An abolutely horrible game.

Jordan Weisman however owns the IP now, and they already have a Mechwarrior game in the works, so is there a chance Obsidian might work together with Smith & Tinker on a Shadowrun RPG in the future?

It certainly would make me and two, three other guys happy. :)

The game called "Shadowrun" for the 360 was actually one of the most balanced and deep online shooters ever. But, as you know, that was the issue....its was a shooter. If MS hadn't been so obstinate in keeping the name attached to the game instead of just placing it in the SR universe under another title it would've gotten a better reception.

Re; S&T. Things aren't looking too good right now. They dropped Nanovar and things look like they're up in the air as far as the Mechwarrior reboot goes. trying to sell an older franchise like MW and Shadowrun title to any of the large publishers nowadays is met with "kids don't want to play their fathers games". Its a shame since I'm sure there are plenty of ways to make these great old IP's current and engaging

I loved the old SNES Shadowrun game, which I heard was inferior to the Genesis version. Count me in as interested in an Obsidian Shadowrun! :sorcerer:

I'd also love to see a Buck Rogers Mass Effect style rpg like Matrix Cubed. :shifty:

I was just thinking about Matrix Cubed and Countdown to Doomsday last night and thought that Buck Rogers would be an interesting setting to revisit.

As for Shadowrun, I thought the SNES game was more fun but the Genesis version was closer to the rules but I enjoyed them both and I would love a new Shadowrun game.

Free games updated 3/4/21

huh, I didn't know the SNES and Genesis versions were different :p

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

wow, checked a let's play of the SNES Shadowrun, and it looks completely different. wonder if the story is different also. the SNES version reminds me of Syndicate a lot

Walsingham said:

I have to say that we tried to play shadowrun years ago, and the atmosphere just never worked. I much prefered cyberpunk. Which reminds me we aren't that far from 2013.

WHERE'S MY GODDAMN CYBER-FEET?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

• 2 weeks later...

I know I would certainly be interested in a Shadowrun game developed by Obsidian.

When I made a little list recently of things that scratch my itch for a Shadowrun RPG PC game it was (the now classic) Deus Ex, Alpha Protocol, Neverwinter Nights 2: Platinum, Fallout 3: New Vegas, and Grand Theft Auto IV: Episodes from Liberty City. See how many of those are Obsidian pieces of gaming goodness? When I think about it a bit more, there are other games I would add to that list but I am sure you get the point, certain themes and game play mechanics are gaming moments I have fun playing and Obsidian is one of the chief providers of that entertainment, thank you Obsidian Entertainment.

In the mean time while Smith & Tinker does nothing with that IP's potential in the realm of PC gaming, I'll just be eagerly awaiting how things turn out with games like Monaco, the next Deus Ex game, and whatever Obsidian decides to explore next.

"Remember this thread. ;)"

- Brian Lawson