What are you playing now?

Tigranes

Dungeons & Dragons: Tactics for the PSP.

wow, looks promising , thanks. I'm not going to buy a new PSP just for this game though (the old one I gave to my friend and I don't think I'm gonna be taking it back

I will try to emulate it if I find a way

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

my heart is still yearning for a proper D&D dungeon crawler, so I installed the horrible Ruins of Myth Drannor.

Dude.... installing that game. Seriously, that's the gaming version of The Hurt Locker. That game is to operating systems what a dozen 125mm arty shells, connected by a dodgy command wire, with a Nokia duct-taped on top, are to Jeremy Renner.

Stand back from the installation disc and call a professional with a robot or something.

Edited by Monte Carlo

sonsofgygax.JPG

Dungeons & Dragons: Tactics for the PSP.

wow, looks promising , thanks. I'm not going to buy a new PSP just for this game though (the old one I gave to my friend and I don't think I'm gonna be taking it back

I will try to emulate it if I find a way

I was really bummed that there wasn't a Steam, XBOXLIVE! Arcade, or Playstation Store version of this. I found the game to be very enjoyable. ... and there is a way.

Stand Your Convictions and You Will Walk Alone.

I started up dark messiah of might and magic last night

its pretty fun so far, i like kicking people into spikes, but after a few times it starts feeling really silly slowly kicking someone in a circle until they are lined up for the final spikekickofdoom

I also have killed the same evil blackarmored guy about 25 times now. same voice, same armor, same guy. he has a lot of twins.

does the game get better or worse?

I imagine I'll play it a couple more hours tonight and that may be the end of my fun with it, but for a $3 purchase it certainly was worth it just for a couple nights of fun.

also, after demons souls I've been hankering for another game where I can skewer things with a spear, but other than diablo 2 and morrowind I'm having a major brain lapse thinking of fun games where you can use a spear. I tried morrowind but then remembered that I hate the combat in that game now that I've played oblivion (i know that sucks right, oblivion is a much worse game, but it totally ruined morrowind for me)

any suggestions?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I started up dark messiah of might and magic last night

its pretty fun so far, i like kicking people into spikes, but after a few times it starts feeling really silly slowly kicking someone in a circle until they are lined up for the final spikekickofdoom

I also have killed the same evil blackarmored guy about 25 times now. same voice, same armor, same guy. he has a lot of twins.

does the game get better or worse?

I imagine I'll play it a couple more hours tonight and that may be the end of my fun with it, but for a $3 purchase it certainly was worth it just for a couple nights of fun.

1. Great!

2. Don't start kicking people to spikes/fire/gorge from a mile away, use it when you get the opportunity for a kick of DEATH!

3. Haha, yes well, I think that goes for many other games too

4. Better! Atleast for me. Actually I started to consider it as a very good game during my second run, I didn't learn how to play it properly during my first playthrough for some reason. I have now played it through about 5 times or so and I love it. More games like DM and Severance dammit!

Play Dark Messiah on Hard, that way you can't kick enemies to their death all the time. There are so many creative ways to kill enemies, using the kick all the time is pretty lame.

At least try and finish the Temple of the Spider, it is the highlight of the game.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Yep, Dark Messiah is quite fun, keep going with it. On Hard.

If you insist on kicking people 50 times until they die, though, you have only yourself to blame.

Yep, Dark Messiah is quite fun, keep going with it. On Hard.

If you insist on kicking people 50 times until they die, though, you have only yourself to blame.

Awakenings still. There's a big bug in the Silverite Mine that causes you to permanently lose the PC's equipment. YAY

And I have only a two hour prior save.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Ruins of Myth Drannor.

Dude.... installing that game.

it's ok, I patched it with everything I could find on the Internet :lol: it actually looks nice on smaller screens (can't change the 800x600 resolution for some reason). they say it's a good dungeon crawl, I'll give it a try. the only problem - I can't see any 3-D objects, and all the doors and containers are 3-D, so... I'll have to watch a let's play on YouTube as I go along for the meta-data :(

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Awakenings still. There's a big bug in the Silverite Mine that causes you to permanently lose the PC's equipment. YAY

Yeah, that's... irritating. It took me a while to figure out which one of my DLC items was causing that particular conflict.

It's stuff like that which make me ecstatic when I see ready made DLC-plugin spots like ME2 had (instead of screaming conspiracy, like most did). Because it means that things have actually been PLANNED beforehand, not just thrown haphazardly together (which, IMO, appeared to be the defining character of DAO DLC).

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Yeah, that's... irritating. It took me a while to figure out which one of my DLC items was causing that particular conflict.

It's stuff like that which make me ecstatic when I see ready made DLC-plugin spots like ME2 had (instead of screaming conspiracy, like most did). Because it means that things have actually been PLANNED beforehand, not just thrown haphazardly together (which, IMO, appeared to be the defining character of DAO DLC).

I just went the route of unequipping everything before it happened. Solved it fine.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Yesterday night I finished Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. Very stressful game, but also totally gorgeous. The castle especially was breathtaking, I'm a total sucker for gothic architecture and vampires.

I really enjoyed the entirety of the game. I thought the combat was decent, graphics were great, storyline was pretty good, and the overall gameplay was fun. I think it was a good representation of what Castlevania could be in 3D.

Yesterday night I finished Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. Very stressful game, but also totally gorgeous. The castle especially was breathtaking, I'm a total sucker for gothic architecture and vampires.

I really enjoyed the entirety of the game. I thought the combat was decent, graphics were great, storyline was pretty good, and the overall gameplay was fun. I think it was a good representation of what Castlevania could be in 3D.

Combat was the worst aspect of the game. I hate the God of War formula. There were also too many boss fights. Everything else was pretty decent though, especially the architecture and the animations.

Edited by Morgoth

Dragon Rising. Figured out how to make USMC rifles fire rockets. Well, at least bullets that explode with the force of an 83mm rocket anyway.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Started a game of Rome total war two days ago... And I fell into the "ONE MORE TURN" Civ trap.

Played Scipii after asking Der "Which house!?" and he wanted me to fail against the elephants. It's late in the game now and there are very few powers remaining. Thrace, Macedon, Parthia, Brits and Pontus (At least I think it's Parthia still up... they might not be) other than the Roman houses. I control all of western africa, Spain, almost all the islands (Julii got the one they always get) and am starting to fight in Turkey against Pontus.

Yes I'm playing vanilla and I'm happy to note that the Urban Cohort Chainsaw still works. Although in the initial parts of the fighting I got a bit frustrated at the fact that I'd fight three battles in the "off" turn and have a near useless Legion and end up reinforcing... the only locations that I owned that could produce the high level infantry I've been using were back in Carthage... so I ended up basically having a Legion in Pontus the entire time, it just rarely had the same troops for more than 6 turns.

Finally I took a city that'd been traded and exterminated twice but it had the proper barracks so I've been using it to reinforce on site rather than having to keep a convoy going across the med. Of course I've also been parking myself on a bridge and having fun bleeding Pontic armies dry while waiting for a second/third Legion to arrive from Carthage to start taking more cities and cutting Pontus down a bit. Admittedly that'll take a while given they've got basically everything south-east of the Black Sea.

But, once I do have their territories in my power, I can probably march on Rome and finish up the game.

A few interesting/silly things happened that confused the HECK out of me. One started when I got sick of Cordoba deciding to riot every other turn so I pulled all my troops out and let them rebel... They turned up with a mish mash of units from all over (from Numidian to Hastati to greek phalanx...) and a family member. I got beaten back.. twice (although once I wasn't prepped for the units and the other time was a seige where I auto-battled and should have won) before finally backing off and building up a larger force taken from my always overly large garrisons in the area (there's usually between 4-600 men in every settlement because I'm neurotic about being attacked). During the buildup I had a diplomat show up and ask for a ceasefire against the rebels...

HOW DOES THAT WORK!?

The other thing that was strange was looking up from coordinating the logistics of invading another continent from Carthage and Spain and seeing that the Brutii (Who've been getting kicked all over Greece by the Macedonians) had managed to have a gladiator uprising in one of their cities ON THE ITALIAN PENINSULA! I promptly took outdated (pre-marian reform) units and had them "help" siege the city... then attack it using the Brutii's army to basically take the place in my name.

And here's a screenshot of a fairly funny bridge battle I had (all the pontic units in shot are currently fleeing THROUGH MY LEGION)

post-13853-1297408209_thumb.jpg

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.