What are you playing now?

Tigranes

Collecting feathers is just a pain in the ass, although you get a nice ingame reward.

Nice reward?

a cape that makes you notorious all the time, without any chance to reduce it, making the game a slaughter fest..

. I thought it was a bit stupid actually.

Fortune favors the bald.

Kind of at a void now. 150 hours of FNV then a playthrough of FO2. From the GOG sale, Realms of Arkania 1 is not impressing me at the moment (nice game, but nothing special), Age of Wonders was not bad but a bit laborious with endless waves of enemy armies. I might go on to Arx Fatalis. Still waiting for Victoria 2 to fix itself after 6 months, and haven't been convinced enough to buy Two Worlds 2...

I tried it at 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2, but each time (a) the economic system was broken in some way, e.g. market crash in late-game or perpetually bankrupt capitalists, (b) big nations never seemed to get into big fights which meant Britain would reign supreme. I believe (b) was somewhat rectified with 1.2 but I don't know - although I loved EU2, increasingly, it feels like Paradox is cashing in making the same game in 7 different guises, and I'm starting to get tired of putting in so much time on their games only to let some part of the simulation let me down.

I'd hoped Paradox would work on redeveloping their basic systems and making a new generation of historical sims, but it seems like their plan is to just keep doing the same thing and making 4 expansion packs for one game and so on.

I'd advise against buying Two Worlds 2. the second half of the game is awful... I reached the last chapter, before uninstalling it, but should've done it much earlier. imho, of course.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Just installing Bordlands Game of the Year Edition..

Of course, I have no idea when I'll be able to actually sit down and play some of it...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I've been spending hours trying to get GTA IV to work on Win 7 after a Steam sale. I'm getting very annoyed. Although on the plus side it's not conflicting with work like I expected.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I've been spending hours trying to get GTA IV to work on Win 7 after a Steam sale. I'm getting very annoyed. Although on the plus side it's not conflicting with work like I expected.

I initially liked GTA IV once I got over the irritation of installing it, the rockstar social club and the games for windows live crud.....but within a few hours it took a downturn. It just didn't seem to have the snappy fun of earlier GTA games.

All in all, I had a helluva lot more fun with Saints Row 2 then I had with GTA IV.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

GTA IV is my favorite GTA game now :lol: for the longest time it has been GTA II, then SA, but IV tops 'em all. it's my fav game of the year

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I'd advise against buying Two Worlds 2. the second half of the game is awful... I reached the last chapter, before uninstalling it, but should've done it much earlier. imho, of course.

What if I really only buy these open world games for the first half?

I found the main story of GTA4 to be pretty boring. Playing Liberty City Stories in the moment (finished the Lost and Damned few days ago) and it's really a lot better than the main game.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

What if I really only buy these open world games for the first half?

haha, that's a fair argument :lol:

I wouldn't call Two Worlds 2 an open-world game, though. you have limited access to areas, you get full access only in the last chapter. (well, I haven't tried going everywhere by boat yet, if you can get to the biggest island this way, then I take it back)

Walsingham said:

More World of Tanks. Looks like all artillery players are out to get me now that I have slower but more powerful tank. Five games, four times I got shelled by artillery and twice I was the ONLY one who died by artillery :lol:

Can't say I blame them. When I was rolling around with a fast Pz III, I hunted down artillery when ever I could. It was just hilarious every time I managed to slip through enemy lines and shoot the hell out of their artillery. But now when I have Pz IV...

They see me rollin'

They hatin'

Woo Minny ships. Joy of firing artillery in space, but tempered by flying a piece of scrap metal. Starting the MI SE games, kind of nice to hear them with voices (still hate that puzzle with the grog cups).

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I imagine stuff like the Pz II aren't particularly useful in games like this? Haha.

Is it two teams?

Yes, two teams with 15 tanks on both sides.

Fast light tanks like Pz II are excellent scouts, and good scouts can help a lot. When a player sees an enemy, every other player in the team can see it too as long they are in radio range of the player who see the enemy. This means scouts can (and should) roll ahead spotting enemies for artillery and other tanks behind you.

On one map where is a valley on the middle and mountains on the sides, I once drove down in the valley undetected. Then when the enemy defenders were focusing on some other tank, I rolled on their side, climbed on a side road upwards until I got to the nearest defender, which was a Soviet heavy KV. The second I saw it, the big guns on our side saw it too and started to rain hell on it. When it drove to cover, artillery continued the bombardment, and all this time I was like 20m from it laughing my ass off. When it blew, I drove as fast as I could in the middle of their base, pinpointing them all to our side. Before I got shot, their own artillery was in pieces and their defenders were so weakened that they couldn't hold our advance.

You can't go messing with real battle tanks with a light tank, but that doesn't mean you are useless.

Interesting. Hard to hit I imagine too.

Very much so. I once saw a guy drive right past enemy main defense line FOUR times before getting shot. He was lucky as hell, but still.

How were you "undetected?" Just sloppy play by the other team?

I think I managed to drive fast enough in the valley and hide in the bushes before their defenders got in to place. You can hide in the bushes and the like which makes you invisible unless someone gets close enough, or you move.

playing AC: Brotherhood, its actually really damn good.

I was very skeptical about the game ahead of time because it's only been one year since AC2 and this felt like a cash grab, and while you can tell that they re-used a lot of assets etc they at least spent their time making the game well. It's highly polished, has a ton of fun content, and is chock full of little improvements. I paid $40 for it which feels like the price it should have been released at.

I'm not finished yet, but i've spent 20 hours in it so far and haven't been bored, i'm now more than ever looking forward to AC: 3

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Yeah, I was actually going to skip AC: Brotherhood myself. Glad I did not. If it weren't for the lack of a change in time period, it would have qualified as a sequel by all rights.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm still in the early stages of Back to the Future, but it's good so far. :thumbsup:

It's a bit too short but i does leave you wanting more, so that's good. :) And February is just around the corner.

And i finished AC2. I doubt i'll play Brotherhood anytime soon since i don't really like the story and i'm tired of the combat.

Edit: and they didn't put Portrait of the Four Tetrarchs in Venice. :/

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.