Unable to play: game crashes while tutorial

Aristodrigo

Question

8 answers to this question

That's fairly broad, but with a hard crash like that I guess it's the usual answers - verify file integrity (if Steam), reinstall, check drivers, etc.

I could also give you a savefile just beyond that point and see if it's something weird glitching up there, if you like.

Thanks for the answer. I've tried reinstalling, verifying file integrity and changing all the graphic settings. It's pretty strange because I was able to play it the first time but then I had to go and when I played it again it crashed and since then I haven't been able to pass through it.

A gamesave just after this point would help, thank you very much.

Yeah, the "works first time but not since" is a weird, weird thing in the world of PC games... :/

OK. You can set your appearance & change skillpoint distribution after that point, but since you need to decide whether to be Recruit, Veteran or whatever, can you tell me what settings you want your Mike to start with, and what kind of dialogue options to choose in the initial conversation? (or if you don't care?)

I should be able to give you a savefile to try within 24 hours or less.

Yeah, the "works first time but not since" is a weird, weird thing in the world of PC games... :/

OK. You can set your appearance & change skillpoint distribution after that point, but since you need to decide whether to be Recruit, Veteran or whatever, can you tell me what settings you want your Mike to start with, and what kind of dialogue options to choose in the initial conversation? (or if you don't care?)

I should be able to give you a savefile to try within 24 hours or less.

I don't really care, just choose recruit and the initial conversations you like. Thanks for all.

Here you go, Normal, Recruit, Professional then Suave answer. Hope that works...

Place the .sav in my docs/alpha protocol/apgame/checkpoints, and the .dat in .../metadata.save.zip

Here you go, Normal, Recruit, Professional then Suave answer. Hope that works...

Place the .sav in my docs/alpha protocol/apgame/checkpoints, and the .dat in .../metadata.save.zip

Thanks for the saving. However, the game freezes in the next tutorial, the one you learn how to open the door. When the blue arrow appears, it stops moving and the game stops: I hear the sounds and all other elements move in the screen (mouse included) but I'm not able to do anything.

Don't know what else to do. It seems I've never been able to play it.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

Sorry to hear that, looks like it's a more general problem - hopefully you can keep it around and try it on a different PC or get a replacement copy.

I get exactly the same problem although my game doesn't crash and the mouse pointer moves, but no input from the mouse is recognised.

Did you, like me, have problems selecting a career style with your mouse after install?