AP will not install

zombieturtle01

Question

I have a hard copy of this game, when I run the installer and click "Install" the program does nothing, and sometimes the installer will just disappear. I went into explore and tried to run the setup from there as administer and it still does nothing.

I should note that the setup.exe does not appear in my processes list after clicking "Install. I have tried just about everything; even tried registering my product code on Steam.

6 answers to this question

CRC errors are generally related to file integrity - if you got the hard copy recently the easiest way might just be to get a replacement version?

You could also copy files to the hard drive then try.

CRC errors are generally related to file integrity - if you got the hard copy recently the easiest way might just be to get a replacement version?

You could also copy files to the hard drive then try.

By replacement version, do you mean return it for another copy? I ordered it from Amazon a while ago, and just got it for Christmas...

How would I go about copying the files to the hard drive?

Edited by zombieturtle01

Yes, I mean return it for another copy. I'm not familiar with Amazon's policies but they should have something in place...?

Copying the files to hard drive - you could just copy & paste, but a more reliable way is to create an iso file, yes, then unpack that into a folder on your HD then installing it from there. Anything to try and make sure it's not the DVD or DVD reader mucking it up, or that the files on the DVD themselves aren't corrupted in some way.

Unfortunately data2.cab would be a large file containing a lot of compressed files so it won't be easy to tell if it's a specific file causing the problem.

I've the same problem: i've tried a million times to copy the data2.cab to Hard didk, but nothing at all!!!!!!!!!!

Whi ther's a support for this! You know very well that a seller not will replace an already-open PC box!

The problem is the GAME, poorly realized and badly published:pleas don't invent excuses!!!!!!

I've already payed for an unused game, ever played and Obsidian laughing, says: who cares..?, ha ha...

I will not buy Dungeons Siege 3... : :verymad: