FO: NV (General Discussion)

CoM_Solaufein

i dont want to know anyone who isn't instantly familiar with the Saint of Killers.

and I don't want to even be in the same zip code as someone who has never read preacher ;)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Does anyone remember why people thought deathclaws ignored DT? All I know is I heard it here first, and then later some claimed it might be a bug or something. I ask because I did a test recently via GECKing armor to have 500DT ;) and they definitely do not ignore DT. They just do so much damage that normal levels of DT are rendered essentially useless as protection.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Fallout: New Vegas finished on 2nd place in Pelit's (finnish gaming magazine) annual reader's game of year competition. Close but no cigar :/

Those trophies actually look pretty nice (not 100% sure if they are still making them though).

All platforms:

1. Mass Effect 2 with 437 votes

2. Fallout: New Vegas with 169 votes

3. Red Dead Redemption 156 votes

4. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 with 114 votes

5. Minecraft Alpha with 103 votes.

PC:

1. Mass Effect 2 with 431 votes

2. Fallout: New Vegas with 383 votes

3. Civilization IV with 278 votes

Hate the living, love the dead.

i dont want to know anyone who isn't instantly familiar with the Saint of Killers.

and I don't want to even be in the same zip code as someone who has never read preacher >_<

had to google.

we work 95814 and live 95683... just in case a change o' residence is necessitated.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

ok, normally i don't like gromnir, but that was actually pretty funny.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Huh, for some reason I thought Gromnir was in Illinois.

we lived in chicago during our high school years... 60609.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Don't know if it's actually entertaining, but this is what happens when you use a mod to spawn a 100 Legion vs. 6 companions battle:

(more than half the vid is 'sped up' from the original skip-frame-lag slideshow...)

(...the game engine didn't like it when I went above 70ish spawned, no matter the resolution/graphic settings I tried, lol)

There's also these two large, non-jerky screenie collages, haha:

One

Two

Weekends were made for wastin'. o:)

p.s. Except for chr. god-mode so I could focus on videotaking, I didn't cheat the companions much...and yes, half the time 3-4 of them would fall down in 30-60 seconds, random luck. :p

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I never really expected New Vegas to outsell Mass Effect 2 on Xbox360. That's certainly interesting, though there's no numbers in it. Are those hard data or estimates, though?

EDIT: Also Fable III sold a lot more than both, according to those data, despite being the lowest in Metacritic rankings.... interesting, though again, I'd want numbers.

It's not really that surprising when you think about the fact that it's a follow up to a game that sold upwards of 8+ million copies.

That said I'm happy for their success.

I never really expected New Vegas to outsell Mass Effect 2 on Xbox360. That's certainly interesting, though there's no numbers in it. Are those hard data or estimates, though?

EDIT: Also Fable III sold a lot more than both, according to those data, despite being the lowest in Metacritic rankings.... interesting, though again, I'd want numbers.

It's not really that surprising when you think about the fact that it's a follow up to a game that sold upwards of 8+ million copies.

That said I'm happy for their success.

New Vegas? It's not like Mass Effect 2 wasn't a follow-up either.

And where did you get the 8+ million copies figures?

Hmmm, I'm not sure where I found 8 million. So let's assume my bum!

It was up to 4.7 million in a couple months: http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2008/11/fallout-3-launc/

If you believe unreliable VGCharts, the combined 360 and PS3 sales top out at around 6 million.

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/browse.php?name=Fallout+3

Mass Effect 2 may be a follow up, but I wouldn't be surprised if Fallout 3 sold more than ME and ME2 combined. ME2 is a follow up to a game that sold decidedly less. Even if you just focus on the 360, New Vegas is a follow up to a better seller still.

And New Vegas did a good job of not deviating too much from the FO3 formula. So I wouldn't at all be surprised if New Vegas continued to see success from the "non hardcore RPG" market <gasp>.

One creature I hate above anything else are those Cazadors. That's the time when I cheat and bring out my cheating weapon, a mini gun that fires nukes. I'll spray the entire area and wipe them out. Deathclaws are more fun than they are.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

cazadores are the only time when i heavily rely on VATS. those things are insane.

real men don't let boone take their kills.

(jk btw)

Edited by entrerix

you just switch to the automatic shotgun, cazadore problem solved

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Standard cazadore tactic is to go equip a reasonably high-DPS weapon with a low AP cost, go to VATS once they reach a reasonable range, and aim for the wings. Once you put them on the ground, your companions can finish them off. Although it is easy to get in trouble if you pull too many at once.

Edit: mixed up my DAM/DPS shorthand.

Edited by Enoch

If they get too close then switch to high DPS weapons. I usually keep some automatics around almost purely for dealing with Cazadores.

I'm very happy with the inclusion of them. Great to have another "oh hell" type of enemy in the game. They're also creepy as hell since they're so damn fast.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

wow, I never could have imagined cazadores were a problem for so many people. I died to them only once, because I walked right into their nest without a weapon ready.

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Cazzies can be troublesome if you're lvl 1 with a 9mm, or if you attract too many at once. But 2-3 at a time isn't generally a problem. Wings, backpedal, fast gun. I've heard flamers are great against them too, or dynamite from a distance. But never used those.

im thinking of those nests up near the mountains in the west. there were big packs of cazadores there that really could rip you up fast since there were so many of them.

im thinking of those nests up near the mountains in the west.

The ones around Jacobstown area or Red Rock? The one's nearish Jacbstown were easy for me because of the relatively open terrain. The ones next to the Great Khan town, that narrow twisty pathway was more troublesome because I'd packpedal and get stuck on some rock.

That campground wasn't too bad either, if you approached cautiously. I think it's really mostly to do with what weapon you're using. If you're doing run & gun real time close up tactics, the 12.7SMG is great fun..

twisty red rock paths. I kept getting too close to the nests and then getting chased down by 10 of the suckers. was pretty rough so I came back about 5 levels later (with better weapons) and then it wasn't much of a problem, but I still used vats to thin the crowd

wow, I never could have imagined cazadores were a problem for so many people. I died to them only once, because I walked right into their nest without a weapon ready.

Ok, raise your hand everyone who believes this!

/tumbleweed

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!