Dragon Age 2

Gorth

Start of old thread

End of old thread

My opinion is put in storage until further notice :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Honestly I was looking forward to DA2 having Fable-like combat. Except you know, with some actual depth and difficulty. Something like what Dungeon Siege 3 seems to be doing (and it looks AMAZING).

Too bad.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Honestly I was looking forward to DA2 having Fable-like combat. Except you know, with some actual depth and difficulty. Something like what Dungeon Siege 3 seems to be doing (and it looks AMAZING).

Too bad.

Demon's Souls combat for DA2 would surely silence a lot of PC elitists. But alas.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Too bad.

Demon's Souls combat for DA2 would surely silence a lot of PC elitists. But alas.

You mean "throw 2 strikes, block and die" that kind of combat?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

It wasn't really the combat in DS that made it difficult, but rather the fact that you couldn't save your game.

yes and no. combat was hard in that ONE mistake meant you were dead, which is rare in modern games (but oh so common in games of the past)

so yeah quicksaving would have been great because that mistake would mean you wouldn't lose tons of progress everytime, but it would still mean you were dying with some regularity, or at least were almost being killed at every turn.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Oh cool, the Deep Roads are back.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

they were justly rated, Deep Roads were badly designed. it's ok if they come back, but hopefully done somewhat more like the Hordes of Underdark.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I enjoyed the Deep Roads, but then I liked the combat in Dragon Age. My only complaint was that it was sometimes hard to manage the loot.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I enjoyed the Deep Roads, but then I liked the combat in Dragon Age. My only complaint was that it was sometimes hard to manage the loot.

That's actually the one thing the console versions did better. They had a separate "trash" group for gear, you could flag stuff as garbage and just dump them at the nearest convenient store. Helped a lot with the management, really missed it on the PC.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

That's actually the one thing the console versions did better. They had a separate "trash" group for gear, you could flag stuff as garbage and just dump them at the nearest convenient store. Helped a lot with the management, really missed it on the PC.

I agree. It appears to be present on the PC version now too :p

I agree. It appears to be present on the PC version now too :)

:p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

The Deep Roads were ok, really

no

I thought Deep Roads were okay as well, and the reason is that unlike toooooooo many of DA:O's other dungeons where you were trapped like a rat until you made it through or died trying, you could actually leave the Deep Roads after every section, pop back to the city to sell and resupply and freshen up. So they weren't so overwhelmingly god-awful for me. :shifty:

Zu allen unseren Ventilatoren in Deutschland…

Say wut? :shifty:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein