Swoop race bug (unwinnable)

This is NOT the "forfeit race" bug...

I searched the forum and didn't find a solution to this bug (other members did ask the question, but it wasn't answered)

Ok I'm on Telos currently and I managed to beat some of the times (43s) but that Twi'lek refuses to acknowledge my victory and tells me that my time was "reasonable" but that I didn't beat any of the other records...

Is there even a fix for this? or should I just give up on swoop races... (I really want to do them, though)

Edited by Togruta

• 3 weeks later...
Telos is funny, you don't get any prize money unless you get the absolute top spot win. Other tracks are ok though.

You were right. I finally beat the track (on another playthrough) and got 500 credits...

In the end, only the Onderon track works the way the tracks worked in Kotor 1: 3 tiers, big money prizes, ability to interact with other racers in the cantina...

That's too bad because other than that, I liked the way they improved swoop racing in K2...

I searched the forum and didn't find a solution to this bug (other members did ask the question, but it wasn't answered)

Ok I'm on Telos currently and I managed to beat some of the times (43s) but that Twi'lek refuses to acknowledge my victory and tells me that my time was "reasonable" but that I didn't beat any of the other records...

Is there even a fix for this? or should I just give up on swoop races... (I really want to do them, though)

43s is not enough to win top spot, and that's the only one that pays. I got 39.97 something on my 3rd try, so it's definitely doable. Just hit as many acceleration pads as you can. Only jump when it's absolutely necessary to avoid a crash.

43s is not enough to win top spot, and that's the only one that pays. I got 39.97 something on my 3rd try, so it's definitely doable. Just hit as many acceleration pads as you can. Only jump when it's absolutely necessary to avoid a crash.

Re-read what I wrote...

I never said I won top spot with a time of 43s, I said I beat *some* of the lower records, which was enough to earn me some cash. That was really the whole point of the thread...

Then read my most recent post where I said that I finally won top spot (with a time of 40s). Like you said, the trick is indeed to jump as few obstacles as possible and instead go around in order to hit the pads (I figured it out after 2 or 3 tries)

But still, the track is broken and you win 1 prize instead of 3, and the other racers are nowhere to be found for you to rub your time in their faces...

Edited by Togruta