In memory of Kelverin

Hurlshort

John Karp, also known as Kelverin, was born on October 24th, 1964. He lived in Temecula, California, with his wife and 7-year old son. He ran his own cleaning business for a number of years. Kelverin was a big San Diego sports fan, rooting for the Padres and the Chargers every year. He was always good for a conversation about Football and Baseball, it was clearly a passion of his. He was also a fan of the classic games like Baldur

R.I.P.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I'll always remember that Chargers helmet.

RIP.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I remember when he told us here on the forum about his cancer, and his positive attitude. Thanks for those quotes, Hurlshot, it makes me feel a tiny bit less sad.

Condolences to his family and friends.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Thank you or sharing this sad news Hurlshot. If anyone hears of a way to share our community's condolences, would you please let us know here or to me through PM?

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

It's a comfort to know that he accepted the possibility, which means that he most likely had time to say a proper goodbye to his family - it hurts like hell when someone that close to you dies, but the fact that he was ready and had very few regrets will really help his family in the long run.

If anyone hears of a way to share our community's condolences, would you please let us know here or to me through PM?

That would be nice, if we could send our condolence to his family..

Fortune favors the bald.

I didn't know kelverin much from posting. But I instantly recognised the name. Interesting thing to say about fear. Definitely agree. Would have been good to talk about it with him, but of course can't now.

Bone observation: dying sucks.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Rest in peace moi droog. Anacomadadricya shyevo na cevenya. Dasvedonya y dobre szhevya postleya.

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

Truely sad news. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

And for those who have responded to this news with disdain or sarcasam, shame on you.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell