Bioware's New Game

Gorth

I'm sure Volourn can dislike something in a less belligerent way and I'm sure everybody else and their moms can ignore somebody not liking the same as them, yet everybody feels like they need to follow the script. You would think it's some kind of mating ritual where everybody does weird things without actually understanding why. How about giving it a break, even if just for a while guys? >_<

Do you really think this is Volourn not liking KotOR2 and us getting angry and not Volourn trolling the crap out of everyone?

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Because good writing in a game is some guy sprouting some Georg Hegel at you out of the blue?

fixed

But I wanted to go with a less obvious choice! ;(

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I'm sure Volourn can dislike something in a less belligerent way and I'm sure everybody else and their moms can ignore somebody not liking the same as them, yet everybody feels like they need to follow the script. You would think it's some kind of mating ritual where everybody does weird things without actually understanding why. How about giving it a break, even if just for a while guys? ;(

Do you really think this is Volourn not liking KotOR2 and us getting angry and not Volourn trolling the crap out of everyone?

If you just think he's trolling you then why do you keep responding to him?

If you just think he's trolling you then why do you keep responding to him?

The best way is to play straight with them. Results in amusement.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"Do you really think this is Volourn not liking KotOR2"

Who claimed I disliked KOTOR2? I surely didn't. It's okay to call me a troll for having a different opinion as that is just cute, but spreading misinformation on my gaming views is silly. Why lie about someone's opinion?

"So you got an 1/10 from his mom too? and somehow your comeback is to make a pun out that fact. Marvelous wit of yours, you should consider writing for BW."

'Cause, it 'twas funny. Admit, you got a chuckle out of the comment. It sure beats the 'ol 'yer momma liked it' junk. Have a laugh, and live a little! ;(

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

i have never gotten mad at volourn, he is hysterical

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Without going with the writing comparisons between past SW games, I don't see many BW games that have consistent good dialogues. In many games, there are good moments or good protagonists, but also a lot of mediocre and uninspired dialogues.

Too many short and shock sentences as in action movies (like Schwarzy's) to my taste.

Of course, Kotor 2 is vastly superior to ME2, but it's just a subjective point of view.

I've found the consistently good Bioware dialogues to be the humorous/sarcastic ones. Other than that, it helps to have a good voice actor. I don't think any of the other VAs they used could have made Morrigan's dialogue half as interesting as Claudia Black did.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I've found the consistently good Bioware dialogues to be the humorous/sarcastic ones. Other than that, it helps to have a good voice actor. I don't think any of the other VAs they used could have made Morrigan's dialogue half as interesting as Claudia Black did.

Weird, I like Claudia Black (what I mean is she's goddamn hot!), but I don't like much her work on Morrigan. The tone she uses for Morrigan doesn't do justice for her own voice.

She was a Quarian Admiral in Mass Effect 2. And she'll be doing the female lead in Gears of War 3.

Most certainly. With all the expected responses. "She's just as big as the men!" Or something of the sort.

Edited by Tale

Didn't they make a point WHY there aren't that many women in the land of testosterone known as Gears?

Something about woman being needed to repopulate the human race on Sera. Basically, they were too busy being pregnant.

No idea why they'd want to retcon that. :ermm:

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Carth is a true multidimensional character, far more than Kreia. Carth exists in the D&D dimension (Anomen), Jade Empire dimension (Sky), SW dimension (well duh) and the Mass Effect dimension (Kaiden). How many more dimensions do you want?

Kreia only exists in the D&D and SW dimensions.

Thus Carth > Kreia FACT! or QED, for the cerebral who like a nice discussion of the finer points of Kant, Goethe, Descartes or Mathers in their RPG.

Win.

What's with all the bashing on Bio's dialogue anyway. As has been remarked before, good dialogue isn't about listening to pseudo-intellectual diatribes on the nature of... stuff - dialogue's just a tool to flesh out characters. Sarevok (both BG1 and ToB) is a good example, I think. Garrus is pretty solid as well. Liara... just give me a chance to shoot her -or let her get a collector missile- in the face in the next game, please. Different people at Bio write different parts of the dialogue, so the quality can be uneven.

But please, keep the gaming algebra coming. I feel we're getting close to a breakthrough, here.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Different people at Bio write different parts of the dialogue, so the quality can be uneven.

I wonder who writes all the background "chatter"? I regularly found the background conversations, the advertising, news readers, asaris discussing the finer points of weaseling out of contracts etc. to be more interesting to listen to than the main characters. Not because the main characters are necessarily particularly bad, but because the "ambience" writers were particularly good (imho). Same for DA:O.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein