Do you want Alpha Protocol 2?

Do you want another Alpha Protocol?  

326 members have voted

1. 1. AP2?

• Yes
    • No

I haven't even finished AP yet and I WANT MORE! Please Obsidian, consider a sequel. The gaming world needs more innovation, not less of it. You should be rewarded for thinking outside the box, though dollars are not always the reward you will receive.

What makes a man worthy? Is it his lust for life, his passion for power, or his wisdom for withstanding the deeds of others?

This was a game I never wanted to play. Only because I totally detest spy stuff, always avoided James Bond like the plague. Saw a Steam sale and thought, oh, why not, although took a couple months to even fire it up. Now...well now I can't stop playing it. I really love this game and there is nothing I would like better than to see Mike Thorton again. Starting a 5th playthrough. Truly sad there won't be a second game.

What's the difference between "there", "their" and "they're"?   Apparently, none.     :huh:  

• 2 weeks later...

I guess a lot of people already said it but you're bound to find a lot of people interested by an Alpha Protocol sequel on the developers' website.

Of course, I also want an AP2 but I doubt Obsidian's will to do it. They have a lot of commands like the South Park RPG, or personal projects. Sawyer is working on something on its own, Avellone is getting more and more interested by a kickstarter project and who knows what Urquhart is up to?

If there is an new AP, I guess we'll have to wait several more years. And by this time, the majority of gamers will have forgotten this game. I don't hope so though.

YES!!!! I absolutely loved it, played through it probably 7-8 times now. Was JUST ruminating to my wife this morning about what a damn shame it is the way the media panned it. Brilliant game, thank you for making it. A slick, sexy, and smooth ( I'm old school, I got over it, but the kids won't ) AP sequel would be a blessing. If it wasn't all those things, I'd still love it, but I'm sure it wouldn't get the mainstream credit/acceptance/revenue that it ( and the first one, imo) deserved.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think it is definitely a good idea. AP had a lot of potential and interesting ideas. It was just too fresh and too unfinished to send on the market. Personally I enjoyed the game and I think if obsidian would polish-up that game nicely and give good advertisement it WILL be popular. There are a lot of popular shooter-RPG's (Mass effect, Fallout etc) but being a federal spy, fighting terrorists, evil organizations, have missions assumed by government is a quite fresh ground (at least as far as I am aware)

It is my understanding that Sega, unfortunately, owns the IP. They'll probably just let it die because of the bad sales which were the result of the amount of awful reviews, especially from the U.S. Such a shame, too. I loved this game!

What's the difference between "there", "their" and "they're"?   Apparently, none.     :huh:  

Indeed, I t was the best RPG I played since BG times. I finished it three times and each time I descivered new stuff. Truly amazing how it all linked into each other and how different your story and experience can be. Only bad thing imho where the bossfights, they really did not fir the spytheme.

• 2 weeks later...

My god, I would f*****g murder for a sequel. :(

Is there really no way? Perhaps some little tiny loop in the "SEGA owns the rights" that could be used?

Well, it's not impossible, it's just extremely extremely unlikely. Still, Alpha Protocol doesn't exactly have a lot tied to its IP, and in fact starting fresh would be better (besides, maybe changing the setting and just keeping similar but improved mechanics would also help with that disconnect between gameplay and story).. I don't think Obsidian could be very successful selling the concept ot a publisher based on their past efforts, and so far Kickstarter wouldn't really be able to support a game of this budget.

YEAH! You know......i'd actually been thinking about that last year but ive been busy with other ideas later on.

I loved Alpha Protocol's concept, story, humor and gameplay! I love Obsidian!

They know what they are doing and i prefer Obsidian over Bioware BECAAAUSE they are lighter and more friendly in the ambient.

The enemy AIs can be stupid yes, but as long as they are shooting towards me im fine with it :D

The graphics outdated u say? I personaly think it fits, more realistic modern graphs would make it look more serious thus not fit so much with the humor.

Soundtrack is great, concept is revolution, VO perfect and dialogue writing and general writing is a lovely soft wet kiss :)

Edited by Sondre Dragsnes

• 2 weeks later...

Can't really explain it clearer than the title suggests. I'm currently on my 6th playthrough of AP, and I really hope the whoever made the decision to NOT make another puts the drugs down long enough to see that this game, awesome as it is, has the potential to be GREAT.

There's so much I'd like to know. Spoilers ahead.

What happens to Mike AFTER the ending (whichever would be considered canon)?

Does Halbech crumble, or does Mike REALLY take over?

Does Shaheed get away with just revealing everything on air?

What's Marburg's actual background (specifically)? A younger Conrad would be an excellent protagonist.

Many more apart from the above, too.

Also, look at the potential AP2 would have. Could be a sequel. Could be a prequel. It could be whatever you'd call a period of time running concurrently with the one we see, after all all these people ARE trying to hunt down Mike. Gelato Man can make another appearance (LEGEND <3).

So, without gushing any further... Would you like so see another Alpha Protocol? It's a long shot, but maybe if enough people say "YES!!21!", the powers that be will see sense and give us more Thorton-flavoured win.

Also, hi from a new guy. :)

O.k dude, I tooooooooootally agree with all you're saying besides the Marburg as a protagonist thing cause that guy was such a tool, no offense.

Seriously though, can't stress how much I want Obsidian to make "A.P:2".

It was a fantastic game & yes we all know the issues it had, from enemy A.I to some visuals etc just like we also know it was bashed far more than was appropriate.

I mean I was one of those that payed attention when it was announced & kept up with news, so I saw all the reviews...then I played it & like others on here quickly realised that yes, some stuff said in the reviews were accurate but overall most reviews overdid it with bashing the game & it's far better than they give it credit for.

I thoroughly enjoyed it & still do to this day (have my copy & pretty sure i've done more than 10 playthroughs at this point :yes: ).

So if Obsidian reads this, pleeeeeeaaaaaaassssseeee if you can, make "Alpha Protocol 2". The issues with part 1 have been stated on every forum where the game comes up on the internet so make adjustments, but please don't let this I.P collect dust till it enters the realm of the non-existent.

I am pretty sure I already supported this somewhere. But what the hell, here we go again.

And yes, it often looks like I played a different game than the reviewers. Problem shooting? Did you read the tutorial windows? Buggy? I've had more gamebreakers and other bugs in ME2 (around the same time released). Graphics? Come on, you're just nitpicking. Etc. etc.

• Like 1

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I am pretty sure I already supported this somewhere. But what the hell, here we go again.

And yes, it often looks like I played a different game than the reviewers. Problem shooting? Did you read the tutorial windows? Buggy? I've had more gamebreakers and other bugs in ME2 (around the same time released). Graphics? Come on, you're just nitpicking. Etc. etc.

Yeah, I never understood the majority of the complaints the reviewers had that caused them to dock major marks from Alpha Protocol for.

The graphics weren't great, but they are hardly worse than a lot of games that scored highly. And in my multiple play throughs of Alpha Protocol, I ran into less bugs, glitches, crashes, freezes, etc. than I did in quite a few games released around the same time. Heck, I had more freezes and crashes playing Skyrim than I ever did with AP.

Mass Effect 1's combat had the same "issue" as AP's: you could be shooting someone with the aiming recticle center mass and still not "hitting" them. Yet I don't recall reviewers hammering Mass Effect 1 for that feature.

It's like reviewers scored Alpha Protocol badly because it wasn't what *they* thought it would be, not necessarily based on its merits for what it actually *was*.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

That did get mentioned for ME1, though it obviously was not a huge concern given its review scores. I do really dislike bullet spray complaints though, especially when they're dressed up in realism arguments since it's actually very easy to miss what you're aiming at but lots of people seem to think bullets = lazors!!! in real life and always go straight and flat, direct and directly for what you aim at.

That did get mentioned for ME1, though it obviously was not a huge concern given its review scores.

That's what I was getting at. In other games, particularly ME1, it was sort of like, "well, minor issue, but no biggie.". With AP, it was more, "OMG what horrible, horrible shooting mechanics! Totally ruins my experience!"

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Created a profile just to post. I want to try to keep this simple considering others have made many similar observations far better then I. Short Answer: Yes. I wasn't able to get AP right off the bat; while that might not have made much of a difference in sales it would have at least left me feeling as though I'd contributed to showing admiration for the game by buying it at launch.

Sadly, it would be some time before I would be able to purchase/play it. Bottom line, it is an incredible game with characters and stories on par with some of the best Spy-Genre series out there from Bourne to Bond to Queen and Country. That it did not become for Obsidian what Mass Effect became for BioWare (before that ended in travesty...) is a crime in the gaming industry I don't have the words for.

Barring a much deserved sequel I would give anything to be able to sit down with Chris and ask him about what they had planned next. Would Mike be the returning hero for the entire series? (i.e. Shepard) would our choices carry over into the next game? What characters would return/who would be Handlers? And, for me, most importantly, exactly how old was Sis (so I wouldn't feel creepy for crushing on her something fierce) and would she be returning for AP2?

if they do make a sequal at least put in multi player

Hahahahahahaha... no.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

• 1 month later...