Do you want Alpha Protocol 2?

Do you want another Alpha Protocol?  

326 members have voted

1. 1. AP2?

• Yes
    • No

Why do you have to buy the AP IP? Just create a new universe to set it in. AP was kinda generic.

I think we all really want Heck to make a return. Though the odds of a spiritual successor happening is probably more realistic, and perhaps it would be better.

Why do you have to buy the AP IP? Just create a new universe to set it in. AP was kinda generic.

I think we all really want Heck to make a return. Though the odds of a spiritual successor happening is probably more realistic, and perhaps it would be better.

A spiritual successor would be fine, there is no need to actually get the Alpha Protocol IP.  Hell be tongue in cheek about it and call it the Omega Directive.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have another question? Why simply not make another espionage RPG and brand it differently? My only guess is the money required to pull off such a thing and getting a publisher for a tripple A title. Maybe Obs should look to get a deal with 2K as a publisher. They seem to be funding some good stuff (I am looking at the Trust they gave to Firaxis and X-COM mainly)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just played the game again I've lost count how many times exactly but it's been a lot. Yes there were parts that could have been better, but I thoroughly enjoyed it each time. There are very few games I can say that about..Mass Effect 1 and 2, Kotor 1 and 2, and now AP. I know I'm not the only one either and the fact that it is still being sold today and being played today I think speaks volumes about what they could do with the IP. That is if they fixed the combat, cover system, and the AI. Though to be honest I'm not overly concerned with any of those systems. I can overlook most of the issues because  the story, choices, and multiple endings impressed me that much. Now I know that makes me a rare exception in the gaming community which is why those issues need to be addressed in order for it to be a success that Obsidian would need it to be. I however believe they could do it and get at least partial funding from it's fans if the produced some sort of plan that outlined what changes they would make and how. It's been over just over 4 years since AP initial release and with how much tech and game engines have advanced since then I can only imagine how good the game could be if a sequel were done and done right. The biggest problem I think they face is Sega unfortunately, but I would love a sequel to catch up with Michael, Scarlet, Mina, Heck, and all the others just to see what they were up to four years down the road.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I liked both the RPG and action game elements in AP.  I was surprised by a lot of the reviews, as in many many playthroughs, the only bugs I encountered tended to be some issues with certain perks popping or some stealth detection anomalies.  I even bought two copies back in the day, though to be fair, that was because the pre-order bonuses had been split across retailers (which has never been a great consumer-friendly practice).

If there was a second one, I'd be fine with the exact same engine even.  I don't think I'd want a kickstarted version of an isometric non-voiced game.  While that would be interesting in its own right, I don't think the stealth gameplay or characterization with the V.O. would be the same.  As titles go, the voicework went a long way in establishing character and giving life to the timed conversation interactions.  I realize voicework and engine are a large part of inflating the costs of development, but I don't think I could discard a 3D engine with some degree of facial animation and workable V.O. were as parts of even a spiritual successor.  

I don't think a kickstarter would necessarily succeed anyhow.  Black Isle games are nostalgia'd to the max for people everywhere, and there's been a serious lack of games with that sort of depth.  It's easy to understand the success of Eternity in those terms.  I think AP is still a cult favorite at best, and apparently would require more funding to reach the production value-levels I would like.  Seems like the best odds involve Obsidian making a pitch that some publisher just can't turn down or something like that.  Maybe the PoE release and some of their other projects will give them more bargaining cred.  Stick of Truth was well-received and low-bug as well I think?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just recently finished a playthrough, I think my second. I would love another Alpha Protocol! I think the positives really outweigh the negatives. I've got it on PS3 and just bought it recently on Steam as well, I don't recall encountering any bugs at all really.

I enjoyed the banter of the characters and the sort of more grown up style of conversation/morality system where it isn't good vs evil or right vs wrong, just different.

Were the shooting mechanics still based on dice rolls behind the scenes? If they change that to a more traditional shooting mechanic I think it would be improved.

Anyways I guess we are all just hoping and speculating at the moment...

• 2 weeks later...

Can't... IP is SEGA's.

They can kickstart a spiritual sequal though... but the oomph kinda left Kickstarter, so I doubt the necessary funds would be raised.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Can't... IP is SEGA's.

They can kickstart a spiritual sequal though... but the oomph kinda left Kickstarter, so I doubt the necessary funds would be raised.

I think a lot could depend on how successful PoE ends up being.  If it's a massive hit, then Kickstarting a spiritual successor to AP might be feasible.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

• 1 month later...

So, without gushing any further... Would you like so see another Alpha Protocol? It's a long shot, but maybe if enough people say "YES!!21!", the powers that be will see sense and give us more Thorton-flavoured win.

Also, hi from a new guy. original.gif

Even though there were some parts of the game I wasn't particularly a big fan off, I still enjoyed Alpha Protocol and yes if a sequel came out I'm game ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...