Do you want Alpha Protocol 2?

Do you want another Alpha Protocol?  

326 members have voted

1. 1. AP2?

• Yes
    • No

Can't really explain it clearer than the title suggests. I'm currently on my 6th playthrough of AP, and I really hope the whoever made the decision to NOT make another puts the drugs down long enough to see that this game, awesome as it is, has the potential to be GREAT.

There's so much I'd like to know. Spoilers ahead.

What happens to Mike AFTER the ending (whichever would be considered canon)?

Does Halbech crumble, or does Mike REALLY take over?

Does Shaheed get away with just revealing everything on air?

What's Marburg's actual background (specifically)? A younger Conrad would be an excellent protagonist.

Many more apart from the above, too.

Also, look at the potential AP2 would have. Could be a sequel. Could be a prequel. It could be whatever you'd call a period of time running concurrently with the one we see, after all all these people ARE trying to hunt down Mike. Gelato Man can make another appearance (LEGEND <3).

So, without gushing any further... Would you like so see another Alpha Protocol? It's a long shot, but maybe if enough people say "YES!!21!", the powers that be will see sense and give us more Thorton-flavoured win.

Also, hi from a new guy. :)

• Like 1

Forget licensing issues and Sega, what I would like to know is does Obsidian have any desire to make a sequel? It's possible the licensing stuff could get worked out. I wonder if the will is there.

Well, they do seem to have specific plans if they ever get to work on a sequel. I think Chris Avellone said that he considered their plans for a sequel as an 'original concept'.

• Like 1

The other question is whether the money is there for a sequel. If Obsidian want to do it and if any rights issues can be sorted out there is still the question of who will pay the x million required for development. I doubt Obsidian themselves have the required money sitting around, perhaps unless it were to be some sort of low budget in house (Onyx based) game for Live/ PSN/ PCDD.

The other question is whether the money is there for a sequel. If Obsidian want to do it and if any rights issues can be sorted out there is still the question of who will pay the x million required for development. I doubt Obsidian themselves have the required money sitting around, perhaps unless it were to be some sort of low budget in house (Onyx based) game for Live/ PSN/ PCDD.

I was skeptical, because Alpha Protocol has not so good Testresults in German Game-Magazins (for PC), that was the reason I do not bought it for the full price.

Over the weekend I bought it on Steam (low price) and I like the game very much. Especially the story is great. I must say, the Game-Magazins are wrong. Alpha Protocol is a great game!!

It is true a sequel / prequel without a big Publisher is almost a "Mission Impossible". Anyway, I would be ready, to donate (of course not 1000 US$ but maybe 100 US$ or so) for the development. I read that more than 700000 pieces are sold - maybe they are others to donate money!! Maybe Obsidian (or somebody else) can start a survey to see if there is a potential for Alpha Protocol 2 and if the users are willing to donate for the development of Alpha Protocol 2. Maybe somebody can start a Online-Petition "Pro Alpha Protocol 2" and send it to Sega!!

Maybe I am too excited about it, but it would be very sad, if Mike would die forever.

Happy new Year to everybody!!

That was the first issue brought up when we learned that Obsidian might have gained back the Alpha Protocol IP : in order to have a sequel, they would have to find another publisher than Sega.

I don't know what the reviewers were smoking , but AP is way better than they led us all to believe.

I'd relish a sequel and would buy it day one.

Look at how buggy ME1 was and it got rave reviews , yet it had some horrible mechanics.

I think soon as a reviewer loads up AP and aims their gun thinking "why can't I hit where I'm aiming" needs to be shot , because your skill is way to damn low in the skill tree.

But even at the start of the game you could just wait for the critical then fire .

I hate reviewers these days if it doesn't instantly play like COD with aim-bot turned on they think the game is broken.

• Like 1

Can't really explain it clearer than the title suggests. I'm currently on my 6th playthrough of AP, and I really hope the whoever made the decision to NOT make another puts the drugs down long enough to see that this game, awesome as it is, has the potential to be GREAT.

There's so much I'd like to know. Spoilers ahead.

What happens to Mike AFTER the ending (whichever would be considered canon)?

Does Halbech crumble, or does Mike REALLY take over?

Does Shaheed get away with just revealing everything on air?

What's Marburg's actual background (specifically)? A younger Conrad would be an excellent protagonist.

Many more apart from the above, too.

Also, look at the potential AP2 would have. Could be a sequel. Could be a prequel. It could be whatever you'd call a period of time running concurrently with the one we see, after all all these people ARE trying to hunt down Mike. Gelato Man can make another appearance (LEGEND <3).

So, without gushing any further... Would you like so see another Alpha Protocol? It's a long shot, but maybe if enough people say "YES!!21!", the powers that be will see sense and give us more Thorton-flavoured win.

Also, hi from a new guy. :)

• Like 1

i want a sequel to alpha protocol more than any other game. i want it more than bioshock infinite. i want it more than mass effect 3. i want it more than deus ex human revolution. i want it more than fallout 4. i at least want some dlc that would explore what mike does after the end of the game but considering the myriad endings that could get complicated. a prequel seems the logical choice. dont know what it would take for this to happen but obsidian if you make it i will play it!

• Like 2

I had rented this game on release and wasn't sure it was worth while and so never bothered to finish it as I had other games to play. Later I rented it and then ended up buying it.I finally got around to finishing it last week and it ended up being one of my top favorite all time games. I go as far as to say it was the best game I played this year. Even MassEffect 2 wasn't quit as good. I enjoyed more than Fallout New Vegas and much more than Red Dead Redemption.

With its characters and diverse branching story system the multitude of decision you can make and their effects on you, your character and how the other agents relate to him based on your earlier decisions and what he becomes out of them. This is what an RPG should be and I have never seen a game bring it to this extent and so well. This game has a lot of potential for sequels.

Please do not drop this title.

I had rented this game on release and wasn't sure it was worth while and so never bothered to finish it as I had other games to play. Later I rented it and then ended up buying it.I finally got around to finishing it last week and it ended up being one of my top favorite all time games. I go as far as to say it was the best game I played this year. Even MassEffect 2 wasn't quit as good. I enjoyed more than Fallout New Vegas and much more than Red Dead Redemption.

With its characters and diverse branching story system the multitude of decision you can make and their effects on you, your character and how the other agents relate to him based on your earlier decisions and what he becomes out of them. This is what an RPG should be and I have never seen a game bring it to this extent and so well. This game has a lot of potential for sequels.

Please do not drop this title.

Perfectly put.

I love this game. Ive posted in Sega (about 5mins ago) and now I have joined here to do the same. AP got two average reviews at GS and IGN and yet the people I have talked to on GS dissagree with them. Obsidian/Sega shouldn't listen to to bad reviews when the larger community wants this gem to continue!

I love this game. Ive posted in Sega (about 5mins ago) and now I have joined here to do the same. AP got two average reviews at GS and IGN and yet the people I have talked to on GS dissagree with them. Obsidian/Sega shouldn't listen to to bad reviews when the larger community wants this gem to continue!

I'm guessing they looked more at the sales numbers and less at the reviews...

I don't see Nintendo complaining...

What does Nintendo have to complain about? The Wii has dominated the current gen markets practically since it came out, and it's barely recently that Sony or Microsoft are making a viable move into motion-sensitive stuff. And from what I've read, they're not looking to good. Plus, Nintendo has always had a stranglehold on handhelds, and always will.

I fail to see what Nintendo has to do with the subject at hand anyway.

Edited by Karl the Unfettered

The point was that there are plenty of games with bad metacritic scores that sell well.

This simply is not true. No matter how you want to say it. Games that get bad reviews

don't sell well. Why? because they get a bad reputation right off and because they are in fact bad games that no one likes and they aren't recommended or enjoyed by the majority of critics both pro and gamer and metacritic shows this.

Purkake, why are you still here writing all these negative posts naysaying every positive post that is written about this game? I get the feeling you wanted this game to be really good even one of your favorite games-that's understandable- or maybe you're just some smart @ss who thinks he knows better then everyone else and wants to prove it to himself

and to those who he feels are inferior, the ones who can appreciate this game.

Also, you said you can't help coming into this forum because its part

of the other game forums you intend to go to. Who you kidding. That's simple not true either. No one has

hijacked your browser or your keyboard.

The point was that there are plenty of games with bad metacritic scores that sell well.

This simply is not true. No matter how you want to say it. Games that get bad reviews

don't sell well. Why? because they get a bad reputation right off and because they are in fact bad games that no one likes and they aren't recommended or enjoyed by the majority of critics both pro and gamer and metacritic shows this.

Purkake, why are you still here writing all these negative posts naysaying every positive post that is written about this game? I get the feeling you wanted this game to be really good even one of your favorite games-that's understandable- or maybe you're just some smart @ss who thinks he knows better then everyone else and wants to prove it to himself

of the other game forums you intend to go to. Who you kidding. That's simple not true either. No one has

Let's see, Wii Play has sold 27 million units(according to Wikipedia) and has a Metacritic score of 58, Mario Party has sold 7.6 million and has a Metacritic score of 62 and the list goes on.

I'm still here to bring balance to the universe. You're armchair psychoanalysis is entertaining, though.

Let's see, Wii Play has sold 27 million units(according to Wikipedia) and has a Metacritic score of 58, Mario Party has sold 7.6 million and has a Metacritic score of 62 and the list goes on.

I'm still here to bring balance to the universe. You're armchair psychoanalysis is entertaining, though.

Yes, and titles like Wii Play and Mario Party totally share the same target group as titles like Alpha Protocol.

That argument is really... I'm sorry laughable.

You are really asking why a mediocre rated casual game that is catered towards people who use these games for group entertainment is selling better than a single player action/rpg focused title?

Purkake: Please name a non indie/casual game with a low score that sold really well.

Actually, I thought Deadly Preminition sold pretty good. So that would be worth it as an argument.

Edited by C2B

I'm not asking anything, AP2's argument was about games in general not just Alpha Protocol.

Another question is whether Alpha Protocol's low(ish) scores were actually undeserved. Seeing as all the scores are subjective and presumably aimed at the reviewer's target audience, I don't have a problem with them. Perhaps SEGA should have marketed (and budgeted) the game at a specific segment of the market?

You've only mentioned a couple and the first I believe comes with the Wii console anyway which everyone who does and doesn't ever play video games and their grandmother is going to end up trying trying and thinking its fun-for a while because its the Wii. And any game with Mario in the title is a big seller automatically no mater how bad it is.

These we can easily dismiss.

Balance to the universe. If you want more of a sense of the universe you'd be better off going in a Halo forum or Call of dog duty these are two games in my opinion that are well polished and very overrated and and are universally liked.

I realize as do most who love Alpha protocol that the game has many flaws but nonetheless it is great for its

depth and detail alone. But there must be more to it than that because I don't care much for fallout NV

and there is a fair amount of added depth to that game if you compare its Fallout 3. Must be the story and the characters and the locations and something else that make AP so good.

like the Wii game.