Your game collection

Pidesco

I'm moving to a new place at end of the year, and packing is, of course part of that ordeal.

This, of course, provides an opportunity for taking a picture of a selection of my games, before they get stuffed in a box.

Warning: the picture was taking with a crap webcam, and as such, it's kind of hard to tell anything. Like, for example, that there's a CD version of the first System Shock sitting at the front. :D

ga.jpg

Post pictures of your games, why don't you.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Warning: the picture was taking with a crap webcam, and as such, it's kind of hard to tell anything. Like, for expamle, that there's a CD version of the first System Shock sitting at the front. :D

You went through the trouble of spreading all your games on a table, so you could get a picture that looks like something I have cooked for dinner?

And no pic from me, since my phone is from stone age and I don't have a camera. I could take a screenshot of my steam, but... why?

I throw the boxes away to conserve space. I keep discs in bags :shifty:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Yeah, let's see that famous collection, Purkake.

Filthy BSA mole.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Warning: the picture was taking with a crap webcam, and as such, it's kind of hard to tell anything. Like, for exapmle, that there's a CD version of the first System Shock sitting at the front. :D

You went through the trouble of spreading all your games on a table, so you could get a picture that looks like something I have cooked for dinner?

And no pic from me, since my phone is from stone age and I don't have a camera. I could take a screenshot of my steam, but... why?

Actually, that was the first time I used my webcam to take a picture. I had no idea it would be this bad.

Heja Sverige!!

I get down on my hands and knees to anyone who has boxed copies of both System SHock 1 and Jagged Allaince 2.

:shifty:

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I still have all of mine, including Pool of Radiance and Curse of the Azure Bonds. :shifty:

holy **** :p

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I'd take a picture of mine (going back to the days of the Atari 2600) but they're in boxes in storage.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I still have one or two cassettes with old games (can't recall what machine they are supposed to be used with). that was pre-8-bit era... damn

Walsingham said:

I get down on my hands and knees to anyone who has boxed copies of both System SHock 1 and Jagged Allaince 2.

:shifty:

That's not me, though. That Jagged Alliance 2 you see there is a slip cadboard thingy.

Also, some boxes I no longer I have. All that's left of Torment is the manual, the proper 4 CD case, and the poster.

I sold my SNES and all games associated with it when I was 16. Worst decision ever.

Heja Sverige!!

I still have one or two cassettes with old games (can't recall what machine they are supposed to be used with). that was pre-8-bit era... damn

Ooo, my brother had Sword of Fargoal for the C64 on tape, but I think that's long gone by now.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I had one of those huge black plastic trash bags filled with Spectrum tapes. I wonder what happened to them.

Heja Sverige!!

Ooo, my brother had Sword of Fargoal for the C64 on tape, but I think that's long gone by now.

You bastards, now I'm going to see nightmares about the load times of C64 casette games again.

Ah, the load times of the C64 on tape...also known as

GAME NIGHT

• Decide which game to play
  • put tape in cassette drive and load
  • eat dinner
  • check progress of load
  • go out and watch a movie
  • watch tv
  • check progress of load
  • see who is on the Tonight Show
  • Check progress of game
  • Game has loaded
  • Play game
  • ten minutes into game, have to flip tape to other side

Edited by Amentep

Load ""

Heja Sverige!!

I think I still have most (but not all) of my game boxes in a giant plastic bag somewhere. They've been flattened, however. And some of the games I kept only the system requirements flap and tossed the rest. If I tried to spread them all out on a table...wouldn't fit. Maybe on the living room floor. I have no truly ancient classics originally bought, tho...eg original console games or whatnot.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Pidesco you have the 3 most important games

huh? I don't see Fallout 2, X-Com or any of Shiny's games. but maybe it's just the bad picture quality :lol:

Walsingham said:

True but there's still Ja2, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!System Shock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and System Shock 2 ... and for bonus there's Thief, PS:T, SMAC, NOLF. :D

edit: this

img20101120001.jpgimg20101120002.jpgimg20101120003.jpgimg20101120004.jpgimg20101120005.jpgimg20101120006.jpg

and this is for slowtrain

STAN.jpg

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.