Take over

The old man

I'm just thinking about how no one can ever seem to deliver a massive world to world in depth Stargate game.Every company that seems to start one is usually a small firm who's only reason for existence is to be a tax write-off of some bigger company.Why hasn't any well established and successful gaming firm picked up the Stargate brand??Seems to me that a show with such a large viewing audience and so much gaming potential would merit having someone like Obsidain at the reins. Just a thought.

Edited by The old man

I kinda think Stargate is lower quality sci fi.

Lol... compared to what? :lol:

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Stargate as an RPG would be best if it just cloned Alpha Protocol... just change the terrorists to Jaffa.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I agree it has a lot of potential. Although I'd encourage the makers to read the original novel to get some ideas on plot that go beyond the hilariously lame.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I consistently maintain that Stargate would make an excellent RPG setting.

I would agree with you. I think it would make better PnP than computer game, though. Simply for the appeal of options that PnP would present.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

• 2 weeks later...
I kinda think Stargate is lower quality sci fi. Even if the new series is a big leap forward. It's not a brand that would make me run out and get the game.

Oh, you are wrong my friend. The newer Stargate Universe may be somewhat of a cheap rip-off that tries desparately to fill the shoes and continue the former glory of the SG-1, and to some extent, Atlantis, but Stargate is an awesome epic rivaling anything science fiction.

The main problem with Stargate is that they are afraid to open into the unknown universe that made Star Trek so enjoyable. The Stargate's stick to a storyline, which really is what made SG-1 so good, but now that the power of the one line of Goauld are virtually defeated, and the replicators and ascended beings have been put in their place, Stargate really needs to take that chance and open up to the unknown universe like all the best Star Treks have always done so that they can continue to explore. Then they need to rehire the SG-1 writing staff that wrote the first, fifth, and seventh seasons, fire any writing staff that wrote the 8th through 10th seasons. Then they need to fire the writing staff of SGU because they suck big time. I mean except for like the last two or three of this last season, SGU has been a complete snore-fest. I literally was falling asleep watching SGU, but I persevered because I loved SG-1 and liked Atlantis. Also, SGU suffers because it's turned down the immoral road with more sex and gay stuff that so many shows are trying to promote today. Stargate was never about any of that, it was just about a really good sci-fi world, like Star Trek. In fact, to be honest, Stargate has been cleaner than even Star Trek concerning morality. Now SGU has abandoned that, probably for a more adult audience, but they'll suffer, and ruin a great show while they're at it. Oh well, I guess even the great must eventually fall.

Yeah, a Stargate RPG open-universe with a gate system would be great. You could be the leader of an SG squad. And you could go about discovering the worlds of the Stargates on missions to find technology that will ultimately help defeat the latest enemy or the the Goauld if you want to place the game in the past. Or we could merely start out as a person in an off-world settlement. Or we could start out as a person in one of the several colonies of people that used to be enslaved or are still enslaved by the Goauld. Or we could start out as a Jaffa that rebels against Goauld, or takes their side to defeat SG command and eventually to find and takeover earth. Or we could start out as a Goauld, the little snake-like parasite/symbiot, depending on whether you decide to take-over the host's body or merely share it with the host, that has to find a home. Or we could start out as a total other line of Goauld's where we are born in a lake on the Goauld home-world and have to take hosts until we can finally get somewhere where we can work towards ultimately resisting and replacing the current line in power, or to help humans to free themselves, depending on what we decide.

Then they could sell new gate worlds as DLC, for as long as they wanted too.. I like.

Hmm, open world Stargate RPG would make even me interested (I'm not a big sci-fi fan).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Yeah, makes me sad. Stargate Universe was great. Yet they keep that Sanctuary and Warehouse 13 crap. Tried them both for a season and they were bad.

But they're getting more wrestling!

At least they still have Eureka. And are doing an American Being Human (don't know why, the british one is fine).

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

• 4 weeks later...
Yeah, makes me sad. Stargate Universe was great. Yet they keep that Sanctuary and Warehouse 13 crap. Tried them both for a season and they were bad.

But they're getting more wrestling!

At least they still have Eureka. And are doing an American Being Human (don't know why, the british one is fine).

I'm really digging Warehouse 13. Jules Verne being a super-genius and actually building some of the crap they wrote about was pretty sweet. Oh, and also being a hot psycho chick who was frozen in bronze only to be thawed out and try to destroy the world is pretty sweet too.

Sanctuary was awesome first season, then they killed off a character simply because there were too many white people on the show. (True story, they wanted to replace her with someone "ethnic" in order to draw more immigrant viewers so they made some lame crap up that ruined the entire series in order to kille her)

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

wow. SGU was cancelled? *shock* I guess it goes to show you - I loved SG1 and most of Atlantis..... The old crew was the best ... I kept hoping SGU would get better... but have not been watching it as much.

SG1 ... 10 seasons....

SGU ...2?

Of course you guys know that they had Stargate Worlds... which died.... but honestly I think it was doomed from the start by other mmos, particularly SW:toR.... because.... I'm sorry to say - shoosing between SW and Stargate PLUS choosing between BioWare and an unknown dev. = choosing SW & BioWare all the way.