Possibly a break in info *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

--KOTOR 2--

There is a rumor going around the internet that KOTOR 2 will be set 2000 years after the first KOTOR, the mid point between KOTOR and Episode IV. Apparently the main character will be a decendent of Darth Revan and will be set to release in the Holiday of 2004. This may have been a big secret for sometime now.

It would be neat if this "Crose" character was actually one of the Obsidian employees feeling sorry for leaving us faithful fans out in the cold for so long and decided to share at least something anonymously.

Unfortunately, the chances of that little daydream being true = 0%. Sigh.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Old Republic is pre-empire government. As I understand it there were several changes in the Old Republic's form of government, but they have all been forgotten for the most part.

Anyway I would hope that Obsidian can come up with a more imaginative storyline than the whole descendant cliche.

TripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

You could always add a twist by having siblings (thats very in keeping with Star Wars too).

At some point in the story you have to make a choice and your sibling goes the opposite way and either becomes the person you have to stop or the person trying to stop you.

As the saying you cant choose your family is true then I dont see any problem giving the player a sibling.

Maybe they are unaware of their family at the start and it's the revelation of this that drives them appart.

Perhaps even your companions choose sides based on your choices through the preceding parts of the game. Thats likely to make things very personal.

I suggest they go for a much less clear cut thing though like the date in FVII where it wasnt obvious at first glance which choices led to which date. That way the companions will change game to game and the player wont have an easy way to just choose their favourites (where is that wicked evil smilee when you need it).

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Old Republic is pre-empire government. As I understand it there were several changes in the Old Republic's form of government, but they have all been forgotten for the most part.

Anyway I would hope that Obsidian can come up with a more imaginative storyline than the whole descendant cliche.

TripleRRR

You are wrong, the republic remained the same since its creation to Palpatine taking over and creating the Empire.

"Knights of the Old Republic" was simply a name given to a comic series, it meant nothing except to indicate it was about Jedi Knights before the Empire come to existence.

drakron.png

Actually, Knights of the Old Republic was originally a book before it was the name of a comic book series. That's why KOTOR2 should be Dark Lords of the Sith. The second book in the original Tales of the Jedi series.