Do you guys at Obsidian ever feel shame?

jaks

I'm wondering, as I sit here rebooting my Xbox 360 for about the 12th time today, do you guys ever feel bad about selling your buggy, nearly useless software to people for money? When payday rolls around, do you kind of shamefacedly swallow your pride and work ethic and take your envelope from whoever's passing it out without making any eye contact with them?

Have you guys at Obsidian ever released a game that didn't require a major patch on release day? Have you guys at Obsidian ever released a game that didn't require a major patch on release day but even so you didn't even bother doing one for 3 months after? I'm genuinely curious if you have ever released a piece of software that wasn't so dismally broken that it is nearly unusable. If I did my job at the level of quality you guys perform yours, I'd have gotten fired years ago. What is up with you? Don't you have _any_ pride? Do you need some help finding testers or do you just slap a bunch of code together and shove it out the door, hoping that it doesn't explode. What ever happened to console games being mostly bug free. Glitches and idiosyncrasies in a game are tolerable but outright crashing and hard locking? Christ on his cross guys, it's an XBOX, You have one hardware configuration to work with, and you still can't get it right. God only knows why companies keep coming to you to mash their IP's into the ground with your bootheels. I wonder if you all collectively just hate society and this is some weird passe-aggressive way of getting us back.

Do your damn jobs properly or go work at AM-PM.

Hi jaks,

Clearly you are frustrated. I am wondering if you are comfortable sharing some of the particulars that you are experiencing? I think it would be more productive for all of us if we could move to a place that allows us some context as to the situation that brings you to the community. There are sometimes options that the community might offer to address concerns, if you could list the title and specific problem you are encountering, we might be able to assist.

with respect,

F

I'm wondering, as I sit here rebooting my Xbox 360 for about the 12th time today, do you guys ever feel bad about selling your buggy, nearly useless software to people for money? When payday rolls around, do you kind of shamefacedly swallow your pride and work ethic and take your envelope from whoever's passing it out without making any eye contact with them?

Have you guys at Obsidian ever released a game that didn't require a major patch on release day? Have you guys at Obsidian ever released a game that didn't require a major patch on release day but even so you didn't even bother doing one for 3 months after? I'm genuinely curious if you have ever released a piece of software that wasn't so dismally broken that it is nearly unusable. If I did my job at the level of quality you guys perform yours, I'd have gotten fired years ago. What is up with you? Don't you have _any_ pride? Do you need some help finding testers or do you just slap a bunch of code together and shove it out the door, hoping that it doesn't explode. What ever happened to console games being mostly bug free. Glitches and idiosyncrasies in a game are tolerable but outright crashing and hard locking? Christ on his cross guys, it's an XBOX, You have one hardware configuration to work with, and you still can't get it right. God only knows why companies keep coming to you to mash their IP's into the ground with your bootheels. I wonder if you all collectively just hate society and this is some weird passe-aggressive way of getting us back.

Do your damn jobs properly or go work at AM-PM.

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

I really like the holier than thou, arrogant, selfish, and evil attitude that many customers have when complaining about stuff. Why can't people voice complaints in a civil manner without having to bash other human beings? I doubt Sir Jaks' job is as complex as a game developers, and if it is, I doubt he is perfect at it.

There is a good and bad way of voicing one's opinion. You shoudl treat these boards like you would Obsidian's offices. If you spoke in RL like you posted, you would be thrown out on your butt so fast it would be embarrasing.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.