What you did today

Pidesco

I donno.. it feels like come march or so, I won't really have a home left to go back to. Parents have decided to move house, now my cat is dying... I won't be "home" when I go visit them, I'll just be a guest who happens to be their son.

I need a distraction... something that'll let me get my emotions under control again...

That's part of growing up.

Yep. The difference will be just how welcome a guest you're going to be compared to everybody else. :(

These days I consider my parents my best friends, first...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Well the snow has fallen again, so the world has turned white once more...

But I'm having trouble getting the festive spirit alive today. Not overly sure why, running along on a bit of a hollow and melancholy feel.

And dealing with laundry and assorted needed chores doesn't really manage to distract/engage the mind.

No new and interesting games to play with, or fresh books to read... Maybe I'll just re-read some john ringo..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Can't sleep, so I'm here. Next on the agenda...re-read some Sherlock Holmes stories. They never become old.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Lit fire. Played some Lego with Monte Jr. Played some Company of Heroes, got beat by the CPU on a map I didn't know.

Then I watched the snow pile up outside. Am currently lighting a fire and contemplating an arctic-style dog walk.

Happily I am stocked up with Fuller's London Pride and a case of Pomerol for later. I am also of work until next year!

sonsofgygax.JPG

Depressed and at work. Going to be spending most of the "holidays" here, too. Hopefully get to have some time off in February - which reminds me of the fact that I'm turning 30 then and not really digging it. :(

Went to the gym yesterday and got totally broken down, psychologically. I thought I was the best, moving serious weight and doing real work instead of curl bro'ing like 99% of the gay boys in there. Was minding my own business on the bench when this dude next to me asks for a spot. Kid must have been no more than a few years older than me, slightly larger build but just completely packed on with that ultra dense muscle. Probably 30-40 pounds heavier than me but was benching more than I could deadlift. Sure, its pretty much inevitable he's on roids because it's just not very plausible for that series of events. Given his size and body type to have that kind of strength and muscle is possible but quite uncommon but the real nail in the coffin is the fact that he's like strongman/olympic level lifter inside of a McGym. That right there makes it impossible. Regardless, it hurt my ego pretty bad and the rest of the lifting session was ruined.

I think I'm going to change my routine to something more focused on aesthetics starting next week. If you can't beat 'em, quit and start something different.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Studying for finals. Been putting in 4-5 hours in the library everyday since December 8th. So far it's paid off, last final is this Monday. Then it's back home to spend a month doing nothing but eating, drinking, video gaming, playing guitar and catching up with some friends.

Went to look up something on tvtropes before I got around to sorting out plans for the evening...

Then realised it was about 3 hours later and I still had a batch of links yet to read (mostly related to QI...)

That site is dangerous.

Shopping around for a cheapish multi FX pedal for the guitar - invested in a Les Paul a while back but still stuck with the tiny Marshall which is a depressing state of affairs. Looking at a Line6 Pod XT second hand right now and thinking that's probably the best I can get without spending $.

Studying for finals. Been putting in 4-5 hours in the library everyday since December 8th. So far it's paid off, last final is this Monday. Then it's back home to spend a month doing nothing but eating, drinking, video gaming, playing guitar and catching up with some friends.

Mine's already started. :ermm: The first moment you step out the class after the final is always glorious.

Mine's already started. :) The first moment you step out the class after the final is always glorious.

Yeah, I really can't wait. I love it here at school, but there is something about the thought of not having any work to worry about that is quite appealing :D

It's snowing!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Depressed and at work.

Just to clarify: are you one of those permanently "depressed" people?

I dunno. Are you one of those permanently annoying people?

Depressed and at work.

Just to clarify: are you one of those permanently "depressed" people?

I dunno. Are you one of those permanently annoying people?

Yes.

I was hoping for a more definite answer. See if you weren't one of those people, and you were in fact genuinely depressed I'd have a good reason to give you a wedgie.

So don't keep me in suspense.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Finished my tortilla, and washing my mouth with a glass of whiskey.

Now I have to finish my notes on Gustave Dore's Antaeus.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Mine's already started. :) The first moment you step out the class after the final is always glorious.

No it's not. It's that moment where you realize what you did wrong, and evaluate the damage done. Now the moment after the final exam, when you emerge out of the library/cafeteria/study cave and into the sunlight - that, is the most glorious moment of your life.

Man, I miss school.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I always remember the exam a group of us had finished early and left , stood outside talking about it, what we'd done, what we thought we'd gotten wrong... and then one of our lecturer's passed by, stopped and did a double take.. gave us the whole "What are you doing out this early?"

When we replied we'd all finished the exam.. he peered over us.. then laughed evily and did a really maniacal cackling "Then you did something wrooooong!!!" and kind of skipped off.

I always remember the exam a group of us had finished early and left , stood outside talking about it, what we'd done, what we thought we'd gotten wrong... and then one of our lecturer's passed by, stopped and did a double take.. gave us the whole "What are you doing out this early?"

When we replied we'd all finished the exam.. he peered over us.. then laughed evily and did a really maniacal cackling "Then you did something wrooooong!!!" and kind of skipped off.

I remember that my teachers used to do that as a sort of joke when the time came to hand out the grades, problem was that everyone had cheated off me on the English test and the whole classroom would cry out if they did that. Good times :)

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

That depends entirely on how well the final went. I had one last wednesday that pretty much ruined the rest of the day with how badly it went. Sadly it was a 9am exam as well so I had all day to think about how badly I'd screwed up that exam and praying that I somehow managed to pull a 50 so I wouldn't have to take it over again. The more economics class I take, the more I hate the subject. :)

Thankfully the last two have gone pretty well and I'm feeling good about my one remaining exam tomorrow. :)

Edited by Deraldin