What you did today

Pidesco

I've spent half the day at home wearing a darth sideous style sleeping gown on top of my clothes to keep suitably warm and comfortable.

You mean one of those snuggle blankets with arms, don't you?

No. I meant a proper, english gents sleeping gown. The full on robe, with hood, belt at the waist, heavy material that's really good at keeping you warm while wearing.

Sometimes, you just have to go old school.

What can I say, I was the kid who got away wearing a waistcoat and pocket watch with my school uniform. I keep a pair of two-tone patent leather shoes for formal wear.. and I face the rain and cold in a crombie greatcoat and wearing a fedora.

My clothes sense is a few generations off.. :)

Post pictures when you start wearing zumba pants.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Currently have about 8 inches of snow outside. And it's still falling.

Woke from some dreams of what-ifs and seasonal moments with the ex. So that's a little :p

My nets been having the odd flicker on and off as well which is always fun.

And the cat whilst being playful managed to dig a claw into my finger right behind the nail ..which is.. irritatingly painful.

Now I just have to drink a hot cup of tea and drag my headspace into some general matter of coherence.

Try to organise things to have space so the tree and christmas decorations up, ponder on some final month christmas shopping and then...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Woke from some dreams of what-ifs and seasonal moments with the ex. So that's a little :p

Ahh, those are always wonderful.

I'm thinking of picking up some kind of hobby. Considering going games workshop and starting to paint little plastic men again (after 15 years). Chances of getting into trouble with women there, virtually zero.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I dreamt I got fired from my job the other night. When I woke that morning I didn't know if I should go to work or stay at home because I had been fired. It was very unpleasant.

I had not been fired.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I dreamt that me and a co-worker I've worked with for 20+ years were once again working in the same office under one of our old bosses (who retired years ago). As we dealt with complaints from students and a large amount of work our boss came in an told us that another co-worker had just been killed in China for wearing our T-shirt with a school's logo on it.

Probably shouldn't have read the thread on Korea right before bed...

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Decided to give Firefox 4 b7 a go, seems faster than 3. Wonder if it'll eat up 800 Mb of memory after I have about 30 tabs open for 2-3 weeks. The new tab grouping functionality seems interesting as well, should play with that later.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm thinking of picking up some kind of hobby. Considering going games workshop and starting to paint little plastic men again (after 15 years). Chances of getting into trouble with women there, virtually zero.

You should learn to play the guitar with me. It is probably cheaper, and chicks dig musicians. Not so much for the painting plastic men.

Went to girls place and drank with some of her friends. Kissed her then dipped out into the cold unforgiving night when everyone left. Probably shouldn't have drank so much or stayed so late because I only got like 5 hours of sleep and I have work but I suppose it was worth it. Going to see her Saturday night, hopefully this works out.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I am now taking a break from "ze grande housecleaning" that has to get done before the christmas decorations go up.

I know things have been accomplished. Even if looking at it it doesn't seem to have accomplished much.

And taking out a few things to stash under the carport .. having feet sink under snow to above my ankles.. It's that crisp, fresh, powdery stuff... Haven't seen it like this in years.

It actually made me smile like some manic 5 year old at the sheer fantasy level of snow at christmas.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Went to girls place and drank with some of her friends. Kissed her then dipped out into the cold unforgiving night when everyone left. Probably shouldn't have drank so much or stayed so late because I only got like 5 hours of sleep and I have work but I suppose it was worth it. Going to see her Saturday night, hopefully this works out.

She didn't invite you to stay? Bummer. Better luck Saturday tho.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I have a date on Saturday. First one in...oh five months at least. She's a English & European Literature teacher in Millington HS and she teaches night classes at Shelby County CC. I don't think I'll tell her I'm writing a book, she would probably laugh.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Headed off to my first guitar lesson. It is a group one and I got it free when I bought the guitar. I'm pretty excited, I've made some progress on my own, but in-person feedback is hard to beat.

I'm also exhausted. I'm ready for the stage to end where my daughter has to be dragged kicking and screaming to bed every night. Ah well, one more day of work to catch up on sleep before the weekend.

I watched the Cavs get burnt. It was epic.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

You should learn to play the guitar with me. It is probably cheaper, and chicks dig musicians. Not so much for the painting plastic men.

No no, you should pick up fapping as a hobby. It's completely free, it's healthy, it's good exercise (for one of your arms) and the chance of getting into trouble with women IS zero.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

No no, you should pick up fapping as a hobby. It's completely free, it's healthy, it's good exercise (for one of your arms) and the chance of getting into trouble with women IS zero.

Well, you know, depends where you do it.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Didn't sleep very well at all as my bedroom is like an ice cube. I think I am going to have to set up a bed in the living room. Bloody victorian house it may be, but as I probably mentioned the previous owners installed African style louvred windows. Proving without a shadow of doubt that they were high all the time.

Drudging through allotted tasks today, watching the clock for the first time in years. Have to keep playing five mins of Civ V just to stay awake.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Didn't sleep very well at all as my bedroom is like an ice cube. I think I am going to have to set up a bed in the living room. Bloody victorian house it may be, but as I probably mentioned the previous owners installed African style louvred windows. Proving without a shadow of doubt that they were high all the time.

Drudging through allotted tasks today, watching the clock for the first time in years. Have to keep playing five mins of Civ V just to stay awake.

You can play just 5 min of Civ at a time?

Thomas Sowell

Not as engrossing as you'd imagine, really.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Have to agree here; especially if you're over the age of 18.

You can play just 5 min of Civ at a time?

Pretty much. Benefit of old age: better self-control :)

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Whats wrong with collecting and painting miniatures?... a035.gif

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Whats wrong with collecting and painting miniatures?... a035.gif

It doesn't exactly do anything for you, I mean sure, you can have fun with it...but there are plenty of hobbies that are more worthwhile.