What you did today

Pidesco

Well... I've been using my compy chair from my school quite a bit... to the point I just broke the back brace off from the rest of the chair... rassafrassa. At least the desk downstairs should be open.

Poor Calax, that's why they call it the Freshman 15.

Having a weird day of total non-focus-ability. That and surviving the cold. Took a run into the village to pick up prescriptions and meds for my mother..and hoo-boy, tis cold and chilly out. And then there's the wind chill. Joy.

But yeah, anytime I'm actually trying to gather thoughts today it's all going poof in random directions. Totally feels like my mind is trying to run on an oil-slicked hamster wheel and never getting a grip. That and a strange sense of general malaise and hopelessness.

I need to find my mojo.

Dang it.

I want my mojo back.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Highly disciplined work day today. Rather chuffed with self. Have now got vegetable soup on the boil, and am squaring up to a gin and tonic, and a bout of zombie shooting.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Things are certainly starting to look up for me. Previously work and school were being a real pain in the ass and the girl I was dating just up and started ignoring me for no discernible reason which is a pity because I really kind of liked her too and I owe her so much. But alas, started a new audit today and looks to be a very easy one which I am very thankful for. Going to finish one tomorrow hopefully and then I'll have nothing to worry about on that front. Additionally, next week are finals and the only classes I have to really worry about are auditing and astronomy. And of course finally, I'm quasi starting to date the first girl I was interested in. Things are much better now that I'm not spineless.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Good to hear, sluggo.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

An insurance company is trying to rip me off. I'm both annoyed by it on a personal level (I now have to at least call them out on it, if not actually take it to court or some voluntary board-type system), but since my profession and title were specified on the paper, I also feel like it's an affront to my professionalism (since they are using paragraphs 3, 5 and 6 of the product liability to act to argue why their client is not liable - when paragraph 4 flat out says that he is). So it's a kind of combined rage over a corporation trying to screw little people over as well as being treated as one of said little people. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

The lease on my car runs out next month. I'm going to by a new one tonight. This time I'm going to buy an American car like a Toyota or a Nissan. :p

I'll tell you one thing I would not take a GM vehicle if the gave it to me for free.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I need to find better things to do than surf the internet while waiting for huge videos to compress, because it makes me want to eat. And I've lost 8 pounds and hope to lose a little more, so I really don't want to do that. ...if it was summer I could work in the yard, or take some photos, but it's still soggy, plus cold & dreary out there.

I could take up the cowbell...it might go well with the door-squeaking parrot the neighbors have.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The lease on my car runs out next month. I'm going to by a new one tonight. This time I'm going to buy an American car like a Toyota or a Nissan. :)

I'll tell you one thing I would not take a GM vehicle if the gave it to me for free.

I didn't go, it's raining.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Plotted the best way to garrote the coworker across from me. Who answers the phone "Uh...who is this?", bah. Sucks too, all the cool non-corporate stooge people quit my job due to heart trouble, being fed up, or expecting a child, so kinda stuck. Spent too much time arguing on forums today rather than working, though, whoops :)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Guest The Architect

My grandfather died on Saturday evening. Of skin cancer. It got into his bloodstream. He was a brave, honourable man, with a great sense of humour, who raised a great family. And he looked like Marlon Brando, I kid you not. He will be missed. The funeral is on Friday.

My grandfather died on Saturday evening. Of skin cancer. It got into his bloodstream. He was a brave, honourable man, with a great sense of humour, who raised a great family. And he looked like Marlon Brando, I kid you not. He will be missed. The funeral is on Friday.

Sorry to hear Archie - good thing that he is remembered and loved.

Fortune favors the bald.

It's small, expensive and German. JAWOHL!!

That sounds like some ladies I've been eyeing.

I'd extend my condolences to the Architect, but considering the tawdry semi-joke above, I can't do it in a classy manner.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I was going to make an observation about Audis, but was overtaken by Archi's news. I concur that it's good to remember with respect. In many ways that's the best any of us can hope for.

-Elwood Blues

Condolences Architect.

On the other side of things.. the cars out front are hidden by a small layer of snow... I've spent half the day at home wearing a darth sideous style sleeping gown on top of my clothes to keep suitably warm and comfortable.

Reading through an old thesis to expand my mind and learn some potentially new and interesting things.. and my mind keeps taking small bits of it and running off at random tangents. So i keep having to backtrack and reread to make sure it settles in.

However, I received a package in the post that's taken about a month to arrive here after travelling from the States.. Seasons 4 & 5 of Remington Steele which I found cheap..so I think tonight I shall get in some incredibly cheesey detective viewing... ;(

Sorry to hear, my condolences and that the good memories remain.

On another topic: Funny thing having this argument about cars since I bought one this weekend. :p

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Condolences, Architect. :p

...this evening, I learned it's fun when you go out to grab some munchies and come home to discover neither of you brought house keys. Being winter, no doors/windows left open. Spent time trying to jury rig the doorlock but despite what the movies try to convince you of, it's not always easy to do. Also, I left my supply of bobby pins in my computer. ;) Good thing the house came with a boarded up pet-door in the garage door. Couple big kicks, one husband's long arm reach later...now to stand in front of the wall heater to warm up. Brr. LOL

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I bought a car tonight. It's a Ford F150 pickup. I thought about going with another small SUV or small truck but the truth is I needed something than can haul appliance sized items for a little side business I have going. I didn't buy new, I got a 2007. But I got a pretty fair deal on it and I had the financing worked out before I ever went in there so I was in and out in no time.

@mkreu, that car is nice. A solid choice no doubt.

Thomas Sowell

I've spent half the day at home wearing a darth sideous style sleeping gown on top of my clothes to keep suitably warm and comfortable.

You mean one of those snuggle blankets with arms, don't you?

-Elwood Blues

I've spent half the day at home wearing a darth sideous style sleeping gown on top of my clothes to keep suitably warm and comfortable.

You mean one of those snuggle blankets with arms, don't you?

No. I meant a proper, english gents sleeping gown. The full on robe, with hood, belt at the waist, heavy material that's really good at keeping you warm while wearing.

Sometimes, you just have to go old school.

What can I say, I was the kid who got away wearing a waistcoat and pocket watch with my school uniform. I keep a pair of two-tone patent leather shoes for formal wear.. and I face the rain and cold in a crombie greatcoat and wearing a fedora.

My clothes sense is a few generations off.. :lol: