FO: NV (Spoilers)

CoM_Solaufein

I suspect the good people of Sloan are cannibals since I found some strange meat in their kitchen.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

it's everywhere by the way. I've seen it more than once in fridges and ovens

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Not really sure if this is a spoiler or not (kind of is since it involves companions), but are any of the companions pro-Legion? I want to try and side with the Legion this time, but Boone seems ready to shoot any legionary he sees on sight, that Arcade guy mentions he's fine with whatever I do so long as I don't side with the Legion, and I'm pretty sure Cass and Veronica are against them because of how they treat women. So ... Raul? Lily?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Raul, Lily, and Veronica will all be fine (as will Rex and ED-E, natch). Veronica only goes hostile if you kill off the BoS, which you will eventually have to do as a Legion-aligned character, but up until that point she's fine. I've also heard of ways of metagaming around making Veronica hostile, probably having to do with ditching her while you nuke the Brotherhood.

I thought it was rather interesting to have Veronica turn on me half way through slaughtering The Brotherhood with the words 'It seems like you are determined to to fight us'.

Well duhh. Whatever gave you that idea, maybe you should have said something 20 dead paladins ago.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Was at the Fort. On one hand I was very disappointed not to get an exposition from Caesar about what the Legion was about, but on the other hand I liked the feel of the place and loved how I was put on the spot of killing Benny. I couldn't bring myself to, so trapped the entire tent with a dozen C4, barely survived killing Caesar & Co., released Benny (who promptly got himself killed anyway) then Stealth Boy'd it out of there just barely.

Of course, then I had to go BACK there for the quest to persuade the Great Khans, but with a Legion disguise most people seemed not to notice. I think it does get a bit bugged when the various reputations get so convoluted - X asks for alliance with Y and you have a quest going on with Y about that already and you need to go to faction Z and so on - but then, I think of this game as pretty Gothic-style in that way and with so much faction reactivity going on you can't help but get some wonkiness.

I've been helping the NCR all the way, though I wavered on one point when I didn't want to turn in the Rangers' boss (didn't think he'd shoot hisself, either), but then I'll probably want to take Vegas for myself. About to do some BOS quests then take out Mr. House, though again I hope I get to find out more about his motivations and plans before he crocks it.

I was half-tempted to leave Benny alone too...he didn't seem such a bad fellow...but I really wanted his suit and he wouldn't give it to me, so...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I was half-tempted to leave Benny alone too...he didn't seem such a bad fellow...but I really wanted his suit and he wouldn't give it to me, so...

I consider Benny to be worse than Caesar. At least Caesar has a noble goal, though it really comes down to him telling himself that to justify his petty dictatorial dreams. Benny has nothing. He's just a gangster who's good at smooth talking (though Matthew Perry's voice acting doesn't always get that point across).

I didn't get much of Caesar's story beyond a few forced encounters since I pretty much killed every Legion, named and unnamed, that I ran across. Relative to the general story power-hungry arcs, however, Benny didn't seem any worse. So he wanted to throw over House or whatever it was...I probably would too. House is kind of a creepy fellow when it comes down to it.

The aspect of the Legion that I couldn't abide was their form of slavery. I won't tolerate it and I won't even roleplay acceptance of it. ;p

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I guess reading All Roads gives you a different perspective on his character, because I don't really see anything in the game that suggests me that Benny's course of action was justified in any way, and he seems to be a pretty petty person overall.

Killing a singer and former member of his tribe because he liked their old ways better?

Really Benny? THE ****?

That's why I said relative to all the rest of the story arcs....they're all kind of petty & hiding behind noble speeches. But then, that's kind of how I think of humanity as a whole so, y'know....been there, seen that. I mean, people (the media) romanticize Capone/gangsters. :lol: Don't see how Benny is any worse than that sort of type. But yes, I haven't read any extension of his story in another form. Just based on the in-game.

Okay, I did a quest for the Crimson Caravan and found a place to turn in the Star bottle caps. My question is, how many of the damned things will I need and is it worth it to gather them? I don't need to be spoiled on whatever I get for doing it, just if it's interesting or whatnot. How many of these caps do I need 'cause I'm tired of returning after I get another few and finding out I don't have enough.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

51 caps, you get a laser gun named Pew Pew

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Many thanks, sir. I won't go out of my way to get the caps, but I'll return if I manage to get 51.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I had well over a 100 when I first entered the Sunset Sarsaparilla building :o

Walsingham said:

What *is* Caesar's 'noble goal' though? I killed him because my character genearlly approved of the NCR (though bureaucracy is death) and even when he went all the way to the fort he was just getting pushed around and wasn't getting no real explanation. I never went to Nelson except to attack it with the NCR, btw, but I expected Caesar would have something to say when I met him.

Anyway, main reason I didn't want to kill Benny was because I didn't want to shoot him just because Caesar said. It wouldn't be my revenge or justice or whatever, just Caesar confirming his authority. I'll do a don't-care-about-this-bloody-wasteland playthrough after this one and see if I get more out of Caesar.

I never found the place to hand in the caps at the factory, oddly. I think I have dozens of those.

I killed Benny when I first met him ala Black Widow. Ring a ding ding baby. So the only reason I knew his story was through YesMan's dialogue.

There are supposedly 110 caps placed in the game world, + any you get from bottles. Unless you rush through the game, it's kinda hard not to find lots of them.

Pew Pew has a base DAM of 77 or thereabouts, btw. It's one of the most powerful weapons in the game.