The achivements

If the achievements are well designed (as challenges), they can enhance my enjoyment of a game. If they're of the type "Here's 10 achievement points as a consolation because you died", I hate them.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Clearly, he was serious. emoemotsmug.gif

You never know :lol:

If the achievements are well designed (as challenges), they can enhance my enjoyment of a game. If they're of the type "Here's 10 achievement points as a consolation because you died", I hate them.

I agree. I don't mind achievements--I like having something to show off even if just to myself to say, "Hah! I've done that!" I don't like it when the only "driving force" of a game is its achievements. That's just... sad :)

Edited by WulfenMortys

Haven't you been on the interw3bz enough to know that we are using your message as an excuse to post smartass images? emoemotsmug.gif

Of course, and I am more than willing to use the excuse to up my pitiful post count :D

Being a little more serious, how often do non-Steamworks game get achievements? Since, as of now, we still don't know what DRM the game will use.

Not very often. Dragon Age was the only non-LIVE game that I can recall which had achievements, but then EA also spent some time integrating the BioWare Social Network. All-in-all, I would prefer Steam-based achievements and account-locking to LIVE any day of the year. *gag*

So what do You think about DSIII published on Steam Store:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/39160/ ?

For me thats 99% proof to DSIII will be have Steam DRM and maybe package of achivements :) I like it xD

Steam = many updates.

Steam = achivements (but not always).

I see it in that way.

Nice find!

Personally, I wouldn't mind it being on Steam so much. I'd still prefer no account-locking of my games (I like to think they have some collector's value even if I never intend to sell them) but if I have to pick an evil, rather the evil I can live with.

Achievements would be nice... I just hope there's a decent amount of them :lol: