Pictures of your games

That's what I remember - along with some farms and a bit of river & green hills. Couple rounded pillar buildings. Don't remember a huge water bridge and stuff, but maybe that was a different spot or I never got over there.

gw194.jpg

And of course: >_< (never played her that much, I ended up loving the Monk instead)

gw-0007.jpg

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Still looks better than WoW

The character bodies/faces are tons better than WoW.

I think (especially w/the new changes) it holds up well considering the age of the game, as Hurlshot mentioned. Shots of Far Cry (2004) & other older games - it's not like those look uber by today's standards either. :p

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

guild wars was awesome, i've never played an mmo so i cant compare guild wars to any of them, but that game was really really awesome. I'm very excited about the sequel too.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I started playing the first game because I'm waiting for the sequel. Might as well learn more about the story (and get some HoM goodies while I'm here :* ).

Guess I won't stay home for the winter.

6pYPE.jpg

DFIg4.jpg

oRXQd.jpg

i tried replaying it a few months ago but the servers were too unstable, i was constantly getting disconnected when moving between areas

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

hmm, maybe it was just being really finicky the week i was playing, and they've since fixed whatever was causing the issue?

I'm not a big action gamer so I'm still easily impressed w/their current graphics that some of you take for granted by now, probably.

Still, here's some of my initial graphic reactions to Metro 2033, dx11/ultra settings etc. using the gtx590:

Nice details of the brick wall. Not bad.

Metro2033-000008.jpg

Nice texture of the gloves/sweater sleeve! Awesome! But... the wrist skin looks rather rubbery.

Metro2033-000007.jpg

Wow, look at...wait, what's wrong with those fingers? Is that too much tessellation or something? Gross.

Metro2033-000009.jpg

....all this gorgeous texture, shadow & lighting they can do now, and they still can't do skin/hands/faces right. Maybe by DX30...

Making something look human is always harder than drawing patina on a box. In most 3d applications you wrap a 2d drawing around your 3d model which has to take complex movements into consideration. You probably know all this already.

Yeah, I know. But it makes me wish they'd work more on that before more lighting/other texture stuff. I find it really disconcerting to have almost-realistic looking spots in the game, or at least the uber-clarity of the overall image, and then turn around and suddenly be facing some rubber-skinned, horrible looking npc. :lol:

Edited by LadyCrimson

Not mine.

That's hilarious. :lol:You can't walk through closed doors yet? Oh. Let me get that for ya.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Not mine.

That's hilarious. :lol:You can't walk through closed doors yet? Oh. Let me get that for ya.

That's roughly what the guy said who posted this where I saw it. :lol:

"LOL and he comes back to kick the door in for you, cause you're too lame to ghost through it." :lol:

QBpt6.png

The nice thing is you can shoot all those lights out and plunge the map into darkness. I was so excited the first time I got some glare from a lamp and I took it out with a shot from my rifle. It just made everything perfect for sniping.