Dungeon Siege III Q1 2011?

I'm doubtful. March release with practically no PR until now?

You are always doubtful, but then again I wouldn't take that March release date as a certainty :banghead:

Intense PR before release sure beats the old method of starting the pr campaing 3 years before the game even comes out :(

Hate the living, love the dead.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm doubtful. March release with practically no PR until now?

You are always doubtful, but then again I wouldn't take that March release date as a certainty :ermm:

Intense PR before release sure beats the old method of starting the pr campaing 3 years before the game even comes out :thumbsup:

Game Stop and Best Buy are reporting they will have their games in store March 21, 2011. Hmmmm...seems reasonable to me. The big box stores say it all!

The retailer dates have absolutely zero relation to reality - they just sit there and make it up based on public information (i.e. not much).

The retailer dates have absolutely zero relation to reality - they just sit there and make it up based on public information (i.e. not much).

Well I heard some one read that they noted a Q1 release date.

Here's a game play preview btw:

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/10/21/squar...ca-in-pictures/

Also, Dragon Age 2 is the only game coming out for February. Diablo 3 is probably going to be out by the end of this year. Guild Wars 2 for 2012. And WOW Cat. and Starcraft 2 came out last year. So an April or March release would be accurate and also Square Enix's website and if you ask a customer support helper on the phone they both say March.

As you say, Q1 2011 is the only piece of official information we have at the moment. And even then, if we are already in Q1 and we have no proper date or hype going on, there's a good chance it might be delayed. If we're speculating, I'd agree that if it makes it in Q1 it would be March/April.

As for anything else, I hate to be a downer but Square Enix customer support helpers are again about as reliable as a wet potato in this matter. Release dates from anywhere except the devs/publishers themselves are just random stabs in the dark.

As you say, Q1 2011 is the only piece of official information we have at the moment. And even then, if we are already in Q1 and we have no proper date or hype going on, there's a good chance it might be delayed. If we're speculating, I'd agree that if it makes it in Q1 it would be March/April.

As for anything else, I hate to be a downer but Square Enix customer support helpers are again about as reliable as a wet potato in this matter. Release dates from anywhere except the devs/publishers themselves are just random stabs in the dark.

Yeah, I mean it's possible it can be delayed to Q2. But if it does happen now it will be March/April. I mean It's possible we don't hear any info until February and March and it comes out late March or April.

Also, I am going to get a little logical now. Looking at other games that have been announced for 2011 and 2012 we know more information about them than we know about DS3. Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2 have a bunch of info out there and there quite a ways off. Now, breaking the norm would be not giving alot of information until the game almost comes out. So what I am trying to say Tigranes is that I think it's on purpose the lack of information. I am open to hear other ideas too.

I think March-April-May is the range were looking at though. They are probably working on some bugs and depending on how fast they work and good their brains work will determine if they fix the bugs out and get it out in that Q1 timeline and if they argue and take their time then they might push back the release. Also, it's the holiday season still so we got to wait for everyone to working again and for public releases to come back around mid-January when most people's holiday breaks end.

March 2011:

Dragon Age II - Would steal some of the spotlight.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Square Enix is publishing this title. They are also publishing Dungeon Siege III.

I don't think Square Enix wants to compete with DA2 and one of their own RPGs. Wich means Quarter 1 seems very unlikely for a DSIII release. April release? Possible, but it seems unlikely. May Release? Seems more likely. June release? This is my guess.

March 2011:

Dragon Age II - Would steal some of the spotlight.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Square Enix is publishing this title. They are also publishing Dungeon Siege III.

I don't think Square Enix wants to compete with DA2 and one of their own RPGs. Wich means Quarter 1 seems very unlikely for a DSIII release. April release? Possible, but it seems unlikely. May Release? Seems more likely. June release? This is my guess.

dont you think they would release DS3 before Deus?

And April or May is a good guess.

I think everything points to DX3 being closer than DS3, in terms of marketing schedules and development progress.

Today's Game Informer says it's due to release this summer.

Also news of Deus Ex getting pushed as far back as Spring 2012. So no competition between the two SE published titles. Actually, I much prefer a summer release. I won't be picking up DA2 because ... everything I hear and see about it has disheartened me, but I am looking forward to The Witcher 2 and Torchlight 2. That should keep my RPG needs satisfied for a while, at least. And it is proven, the past couple of years, that releasing a game in the dead of summer is a good move, as far as sales go. Unless Blizzard makes a surprise release of Diablo 3 at that same time, in which case DS3 will have a really hard time.

Retailers base if off of the game's publishers and/or developers depending on who handles purchasing and distribution. Game Stop, Best Buy, etc., all are bound to dates provided to them.

In fact, it is not true, full stop. Retailers are known to just put any date up when there is no official date given by devs/pubs, just so that they can get preorders. They're also known to change those dates willy-nilly. Some are even known to lazily put up "next March", then when next March rolls around, realise it's still 6 months away, and then make up some other date.

Anyway, it looks more like Summer '11 or even Fall, with each passing day. I don't mind. Bit surprised at how long a delay DX3 got given that it's had a pretty concerted hype rolling, but it's such an anticipated game it will probably survive it.

In fact, it is not true, full stop. Retailers are known to just put any date up when there is no official date given by devs/pubs, just so that they can get preorders. They're also known to change those dates willy-nilly. Some are even known to lazily put up "next March", then when next March rolls around, realise it's still 6 months away, and then make up some other date.

Anyway, it looks more like Summer '11 or even Fall, with each passing day. I don't mind. Bit surprised at how long a delay DX3 got given that it's had a pretty concerted hype rolling, but it's such an anticipated game it will probably survive it.

Oh I hope it's not Christmas. An April\May release would suit me well. I'm looking forward to having some time off come Autumn.

I got curious and had a look online to see what my local store is retailing it for plus discovered the Amazon version. Looks like only a standard version release, no deluxe\collectors pack etc and while Amazon's saying March, EB's just saying sometime this year. Prices differ too, about $60 versus $90. Maybe I'll think about buying via Amazon, assuming the game's as good as I'm hoping. Any chance of an early demo? Pretty please with a grumpy dwarf on top? o:)

• 3 weeks later...