Playing with a gamepad

Lasiurus

Question

I made a similar post on the steam forums, figured I should've done it here first.

I decided to replay AP using my gamepad (Logitech Rumblepad II). Thanks to the Xbox controller emulation software the game fully recognizes my gamepad. But as it turns out, the lockpicking minigame requires the use of analogic triggers. Which my controller lacks.

Long story short, is it possible to tweak some ini file in order to allow the use of the sticks instead of the triggers for that particular minigame?

THX in advance.

Edited by Lasiurus

6 answers to this question

I made a similar post on the steam forums, figured I should've done it here first.

I decided to replay AP using my gamepad (Logitech Rumblepad II). Thanks to the Xbox controller emulation software the game fully recognizes my gamepad. But as it turns out, the lockpicking minigame requires the use of analogic triggers. Which my controller lacks.

Long story short, is it possible to tweak some ini file in order to allow the use of the sticks instead of the triggers for that particular minigame?

THX in advance.

EDIT: Anyone?

Bumpiti-bump. Bump.

No idea specifically, but MyDocs/Alpha Protocol/APGame/Config/APInput.ini directly controls the bindings, and you could probably remap those controls to the D-Pad or something through trial/error & copy/paste.

No idea specifically, but MyDocs/Alpha Protocol/APGame/Config/APInput.ini directly controls the bindings, and you could probably remap those controls to the D-Pad or something through trial/error & copy/paste.

Thanks!, I'll check that out.

BTW, awesome sig. ahh...Arcania. Awkward dialogue ensue.

Ok, I found the file. I've been looking throught it, and indeed there's the whole configuration for Xbox controller. Some weird things too. Like it seems to specify that you "duck" by pressing "X". Don't you crouch when pressing the left stick?

Anyway, the problem is I have no idea how the game refers to the hacking withing that file.

Any clues about that?

I haven't played with a controller so no idea - heck, I don't even know how you crouch with a controller, because on the keyboard it's a separate button, right? What I'd assume is try and take the value for "Move Left/Right" and then copy it across everything that looks likely.. (back up first). Or, if you're just doing this for kicks on the PC I guess you could just use keyb/Mouse for the minigames, but that's not ideal.

I can have another look later but I know as little as you on this.